Spectator & Broadcast Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Aerobaticrug

Aerobaticrug New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Anyone got any thoughts on @Chris Stevens issue. Chris is our commentator/broadcaster and we are a bit stuck without him :(

2. Mankiewicz

Mankiewicz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. First, thanks for the hard work on this amazing feature add.
    Im wondering how to edit this? What kind of skills do i have to learn? Where do i have to start looking for information, since i dont have an idea of how it's done? is this html or something like that?
    My first goal is taking a preset, lets say a general mode (not DTM or any other specific) and translate it for a spanish broadcasting use. Then, and depending of the skills required, maybe i might edit the graphic-design part.
    One thing i think it was great is to add a short specific delay in the driver standings refresh, cause when cars go very close each other positions are constantly changing wwhich is good thou, but kind of visually unnatura. With a one second refreshing would be better.

3. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Do you need to own the content to spectate it?

4. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    no. all races are open to watch. you can even join a race thats already in progress. but, you still need a password if the server has one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    i haven' t had any issues recently. i assume you have opponents cockpit ON in video settings....

on.jpg

if that is ON and it still doesn't work, maybe its a particular track? i have noticed some tracks have updated cameras and some don't.

as you probably know, in the overlay browser, you can click and hold on any driver, and choose the camera you want. i have noticed there can be some delay between the time you change the camera in the browser, and when the camera actually changes in spectator. maybe you didn't know you can also cycle thru different cameras using Insert, Home, PageUp, Delete, End, and PageDown. one of those buttons should give you the cockpit view as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  6. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Tim Cannon, thought that was the case but just wanted to double check.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    I just read this...

So maybe it does depend on the cars you are spectating, and not the tracks? I will do some experimenting later.

8. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is correct. You can only use cameras that are available for the car you're currently spectating. If a car is missing a certain type camera, then you will not be able to use that camera view on that car. Your other solution (enabling Opponent Cockpits) is also required for any camera that is positioned inside the cockpits of the cars.

TV and Stand cameras are track specific though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I make an second account on Steam to try the overlay stuf etc. (wich is great by the way)
    But when I'm on that pc and have created and started an dedi server i get on my other pc (Ofcourse with another account in steam) making an dedicated server the message that I'm not registrated
    (wich i already have)
    What I'm doing wrong?

10. voronov92

voronov92 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. Have such problem: Every 2-3 minutes i have to reload start.bat because of this error. In my control panel i'm loosing control of broadcasting. What i'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance

[​IMG]

11. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Buttons for camera steering does not work - only 2 of them.
    - Is there an update?
    We are running the Overlay Early 011, and updated it today with the R3E.min and r3e-data.min files (newer) found in
    the "r3e-spectator-overlay-master.
    - With no changes found...

ANYBODY? I think it could be a bit more HELP to us who run the Servers here...
    - I have got NO answers reg. this matter.

2: RACERESULTS - the same. If the tool "r3e-open-championship-master" is the tool, we have not got it to work yeat
    Raceroomresults.net - we have addeed the adress in our servers, but we cannot see any results from our servers.

WANT MORE MULIPLAYER GAMERS? Please give us some support in these matters.

Best Reg
    Raceroomt Agent Norway | Server: RR NORWAY / PROSIM.no

12. BenjxMotors

BenjxMotors New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone.
    I observe an issue when a session format is like this : qualifying -> race 1 -> race 2 with reversed grid.
    When the race 1 is over, the spectator mod dosn't work anymore. So when I'm broadcasting, I've absolutely no information (live timing, live positions, race countdown, etc) on race 2.
    And sometimes the mod crashes with the same red command lines as voronov92 shows in his post.
    So will we have an update of this mod which is so helpful for brodcasting races?
    Thanks for reading me and wating for an answer.

13. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    is it possible to get this to work with replays as well? a replay is super boring without any information about what is going in a race :/ or is there anything like this in raceroom already and I did not see it?

14. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Maybe someone have post it before (if yes, Apologise for asking again but i couldn't find something)
    Is it possible to get the names at the button of the screen instead of the left site.
    Just as in the formula1

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Morning Mates,

I'm having some minor and one big problem with the Spectator, and maybe someone can give me a helping hand. First things first, some basic setup information:

- R3E gets played by myself at my desktop, which is completely overpowered for this task, using the internal IP xxx.xxx.xxx.10, with my primary Steam-Account.
    - Spectator runs windowed at my pretty old X220-Notebook, using the internal IP xxx.xxx.xxx.12, with my secondary Steam-Account.

One might ask why I'm running spectator while I'm racing myself; Just to record the race I'm doing at the time with MSI Afterburner to cretae a PiP for the main video, which gets recorded at my desktop. :)

OK, letz talk about my problems, minor ones first.

Problem #1
    I'd like to control the Spectator with my iPad, Safari-Browser, but all the buttons at the right side are in one place. No chance to adjust the overlays like I want to. So I need to open the control browser at my laptop, which isnt recommended. Any fix for this browser possible?

Problem #2
    Each time the session switches, all overlays are active again. Something I really dont like, because I want only "Auto Director" and "Driver Info" active. How can I solve this issue?

Problem #3
    And that is really a big one, because I dunno how to solve this. Whenever I run R3E on my desktop and Spectator on my Notebook, both disconnect from the server after 35-38 minutes. First time I thought maybe my connection was resetted, but I've an IRC-Client always running, and there was no reset. Both clients just got kicked from the server. Did some testing a day later, and exactly the same happened. Any ideas?
    BTW: Both my desktop and my laptop are connected via cable to my DIR-850L.

16. Dave Wyatt

Dave Wyatt Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I get the same as Chris Stevens post #39 except my spectator screen is active, i can change views/cameras via the PGUP, PGDN, HOME and END keys plus I can change focused car with the + and - keys. Nothing on the controller screen except the basic unfilled screen. However, using an Android device I get this screen:

Attached Files:

17. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I have just tried this and had a little issue and a question.
    Issue: When I was trying to control the race cams, I used my ipad2. but it would always go to a red blank screen. I would have to refresh the page to get back to the view of all the cars in the race.

Question: Is it possible to broadcast a race replay? I love racing and would like to to be a commentator as well. But I don't want to give up my seat in the car to talk about it. If I could broadcast a race replay I could do both! Is this possible?

By the way, I am very impressed with R3E. There are other sims out there that may simulate more realism, have more weather options, and look a bit better. BUT, R3E has something that I haven't felt in the others, AWSOME Race Ability! I mean, it is easy to drive from the get-go. Yes, there is room to improve, but from moment one, the cars are very drivable. What this does is to make it easy to drive with confidence right up next to another car and know that even if we rub, things will act as they should. This level of confidence is unparalleled in the sim community. Whatever you do in the future, please don't lose that! Great job and good luck at the next Race.

oh, one more little thing, if you could add a camera angle adjustment for triple monitors, that would be great. I have mine at 120 degrees from the center one, it helps to make it feel more immersive.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Is there some plans in the future to braodcast the Race on the same pc as where you join a server as racer?
    So you don't have to use 2 pc's when you will braodcast and Racing to.
    Or something as broadcasting after the race you join with the excisting overlay possibility with the replay from the game.
    (excuses for my bad english)

19. DaleJSmith

DaleJSmith Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that would be good. But since you can watch it and drive it at the same time. I would be great to have the ability to broadcast a replay with the same control set at the spectator mode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    First post updated with a newer version, some of you might have missed.