SRS Instructions - Sticky, please.

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Scraper, 26. Februar 2018.

1. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Sector3, Please write clear instructions for the installation and operation of SRS. If these can't be placed in the R3E UI, please make the instructions a sticky in the forum. Don't force users to rummage in forum threads and YouTube videos for help. This will save developers and users a lot of time and grief. Thank you. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1.109 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 6
  3. Scraper

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for you help. However, this makes my point. If Sector3 wishes to attract as many people as possible to R3E and its new SRS functionality, that link should be up front and centre, staring everyone in the face. Plaster it all over the Raceroom Shop, the Steam listing and this forum. Make it easy for the user.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, for starters and as far as I know, SRS is entirely 3rd party. So, RaceRoom isnt officially doing support for SRS. Think of it as a mod that you can use in RR.

We can pass along that a sticky may be nice though, but there is a thread discussing SRS where other users seem to be helpful.

Otherwise, check out this post. This guy lists out some instructions that seem to be fairly simple.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.268 / 0 / -0
    But this isn't a Raceroom thing per se, but a SRS one.
    That is a reason why S3 might not be able to put this in the shop or anywhere else by themselves. (And they are working on their own system)
    Nothing preventing you or other members talking about it here though.

Edit: nate beat me to it. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    S3 announced it on Facebook and I think in the newsletter. Everybody who knows SRS, knows they support Raceroom now. So why would there be a need to make the instructions sticky here?!? Makes no sense to me. What would make sense, would be clearer instructions on the SRS site imho.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Scraper

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Whether the responsibility lies with Raceroom or SRS is a moot point. If Sector3 is offering official support, I assume that they want people to know about SRS and use it. Simracing is a small enough gaming niche as it is; the number of people who have heard of SRS is even smaller. All I'm asking for is more publicity and clearer guidance for those who are new to all this. Not everybody uses Facebook or subscribes to the newsletter or uses SRS already. Some people walk past a shop and get interested in the window display. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    More publicity than announcements on Facebook, Twitter, the forum, Youtube...? One must live under a really big and dark rock, to have missed this SRS hype over the last weeks ;) Believe it or not, I never heard of SRS before all this and even I caught the news.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 26. Februar 2018
  9. Scraper

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    What happens once that publicity has died down? Efforts have been made to raise SRS's profile by all concerned, but I would like to see a more permanent form of publicity that would attract the notice of visitors. As always, we all want the best for Raceroom. I shall now retire gracefully to my really big and dark rock for Netflix and chill. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    If your rock also features Amazon Video, I recommend watching the new mini docu series about the launch of the 2017 McLaren F1 car - really interesting ;)