Suggestion for AI-Selector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eisprinzessin, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

Really necessary topic: AI-Selector.

I will start with my suggestion:

A very good way to realise it in a uncomplicatet and fast way would be a new option below you can chose how many oponents drive with you the race. Here you simple enter the car selection screen (same as if you selct your car).

And here you can chose your oponents grid. Full GTM 13, 14, 15 ore P1 or P2 ore what you want. If not possible in the state of programming evolution (e.g. AI in P1 can not handle slower oponent cars) you can only chose (by setting a hook on the car) cars in your class.

For example:
    I take the M6 GT3, than its possible to select every GT 3 car that is avaiable (GTM and GTR 3) by setting a hook on it. Or select a whole group (GTM - GTR 3).

Sounds pretty easy and would give the users the possibility to race new GT Cars with a propper starting grid.

I hope its understandable :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I guess they are going to release this feature as part of offline multiclass racing. I can't think why it would take so long to release a simple AI selector if this isn't the case.

3. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I think a AI selector is a must for a good sim. Hope we wont be waiting years for that :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm waiting (im)patiently. It's really essential for the GTR3 class now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Any updates on this feature?

With the impending release of the 'new' generation of GT3 cars, will there be a way to isolate them from the old GT3 models like the Alpina, GT40, Camaro etc...?

6. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    The feature already exists. It is surely the UI implementation that is taking so long, that would be my guess.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully the AI selector will come with multiclass. I had been itching to do some awesome multiclass racing offline.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Some info would be nice. Been waiting on this feature for a couple of years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well we need to make a diff between AI selector and CAR/GRID selector for OFFLINE racing.

I am always laughing when waiting for the next race and having a look on one of the banners popping up...create your own championship, you can select your CARS (!!!!) and fav tracks...

No, we can not select our CARS, what we can is selecting our car (no "s" to see) or the car class, Thats it !

Car selector done with the tool JSGME, works perfect. BUT we need an AI selector due to the matter of fact that you will ALWAYS just have one real opponent in your championship. I already have run 6 championships and ended just two of them.
    In every single CC I had just one car/driver/opponent (what you like) winning the races. So I was forced to win nearly every single race to win the CC. Thats not realistic regarding GT3 or WTCC and so on. In RL you can win the title even not winning one single race.

So I decided to change my CC. Two races on each track, second race the starting postion is the result of race one reversed (which just effects the position 1-8). What should I say...I won race one, so I did with race two starting from pos 8. But my one and only opponent did the same. First race runner up so in the second starting from 7.

I would like to have more than one real opponent. Please let us have the REAL experience...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. KubikOssi

KubikOssi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think, the AI-Car-Selector is a must have feature for a sim. I want to decide for myself which cars / paints are used by the AI.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, and if its just to avoid double numbers on the cars in the grid. I took out one of those two new vettes with No.77 as they both entered my grid regularly.

Also I got rid of all cars without cool skin as the RaceRoom M6.

With the JGSME tool you can manage the cars and skins in all ways (in or out). Make youself some profiles (MODS in this case) for each race you can imagine if its not multi for sure.

12. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    can you give link and explain how it works please ?

13. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
  14. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    thx i will check later.

15. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The tool JSGME is just needed to build several builds of deselected (erased) cars and skins which you can brng back to the game or delete them again by one click. But manually work is to be done therefore.

For just getting rid of cars and skins you just need to delete or better remove the files.

X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\TargetData\Pc\base\cars...

X:\ = where YOU have installed your game

here you will find the car_models and car_skins

take out what you do not like. But keep the files ;)