T300 Bumps and road vibration (experimental)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravey1981, Feb 26, 2020.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    My specific strength settings only apply to t300 as that's the wheel i use. All other wheels will need adjustment. My settings are also based on default settings in TM software ie 75 gain. That's why it was too strong for you.

2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    sure I could guess that and the fact you are concerned with the lifetime of the T300 wheel. I can see many owners on Forums having the strength at 75% in the hope to extend usage of the wheel before failure indeed.

would nice if Sector3 devs could look at what you did and add this "road feel"as In game Option in the FFB section so people dont have to fiddle with json files (not that it is THAT difficult though:rolleyes:)

anyway thanks again for having brought this to RRE owners:cool:

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, it was too strong for my liking on my T300 (same TMS settings) too, so I dialled it back to 85%. ;) But that's FFB for you, we all have our own preferences. For years I've been a fan of strong FFB, but recently have come around to the idea of far weaker but informative FFB. (Largely because I've been doing longer races, so strong FFB just tires you out.)

It's actually because that's what the software defaults to for a T300, and because that's what TM themselves have recommended people use for this wheel. I very much doubt going above that value reduces the life of the wheel in any significant way, but if the wheel isn't designed to handle it then you might be losing details or other side effects.

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Same, find 80% max for me w/ cars' gain somewhere between 1.0-1.4.

5. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    The T300 has been known for suffering FFB fading and wheel failures due to overheating and that's why people have not been keen to increase the 75%strength default, that TM would have set purposely low in the drivers.

They took the PSU out when they designed the TS PC because of this being one driver of internal generated heat in the T300.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it's different for everyone I suppose. I've actually been dialing down my car multipliers recently so maybe it is a little high. Re the 75% I was getting the ffb drops from overheating when I used to run at 100%. For continuity in testing and for that reason I returned it to default and tweaked my other settings to balance it and I've never had any drop outs since.

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    We have had many discussions amongst Devs and testers about all this, bottom line is that Devs are not keen on adding any more canned effects to the game, so if there is progress in this area in the future it's likely to be some kind of physics based system. Various people have tried the steer vibe effect and it comes across totally different on different wheels so there is no one fits all solution. So at the moment it's an option I like to use, as do some of you, but that's as far as it will go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Why didn't I download this earlier... I've been struggling with the FFB for a while, I thought let's give this a go... BAM, best result of the season with not much practice.:D So I guess it works very well, thanks a lot!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, yesterday I had that slow but heavy wheel shaking bug I described earlier even with this profile. In my case, it's not the flatspots. It is always triggered by driving through a slippery surface (like a kerb/astroturf) under heavy lateral force. And suddenly that 'sliding effect' gets stuck on the wheel, the FFB pulls away from the center position with heavy force. Yesterday I had it on the official Group C ranked server once while driving a bit wide in the final corner and clipping the astroturf.

It has to be said, that since I updated to the latest driver/firmware combo a few months ago, I have this constant feeling of something is off with the FFB. But I already reverted back to the default profile, tried to finetune my own settings and now I'm using this one...

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Im reasonably sure the TM ffb problems are to do with firmware and drivers. I refuse to update mine, if it works - don't fix it

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
  12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Is TM aware of these issues btw? Or should I start harassing them?:D

13. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    That only "works" if we know what's causing the problem or it's a problem that appears in other games as well.

14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Guys. We've been through this in other threads a million times. We don't know for sure what's causing it, we can't replicate it and so we can't even go to TM and say X happens when Y happens.....so we are stuck right now. Do you mind if we keep this thread for the T300 custom settings rather than clutter it up as another generic TM problem page?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Well, I can certainly reproduce it from time to time, so let me know what to do/look for next time if you need data maybe. It's kinda hazardous like this.

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There's no doubt that it happens. But we have no data on what wheel, what firmware, what driver, what windows version etc. So we can't build a picture of what the problem is other than some wheels have it and some don't. 2 of us with t300 on the test team have no issues, two with tspc one has issues one doesn't. It's a needle in a haystack at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    No issue here with TS PC racer wheel

18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Use USBDview to eliminate (Temporarily) this issue, for some reason RR seems to be conjuring up rogue devices, which; in turn buggers up the FFB. This of course has been a long term RR issue but never to the point it is at now of cocking up a lot of Thrustmaster wheels. Before you used to just get an annoying banner appear across the top of the screen and perhaps the aggro of setting up your wheel over and over again, be interesting to know if way back when this issue was prevalent, if it was only with TM products, I know I used to suffer then and still do now.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Come on guys, there are other threads for this issue.

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    This is definitely something we need to look into, if this is the root cause rather than an issue with actual wheels it would be a breakthrough