The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Why don't you just believe him and everyone is happy :-D
    But yeah.. @Blanes is right in one point: it's a huge difference between pc1 and pc2. And it's a very positive difference.

But everyone will find out for themselves when the game is out. There are probably people that won't like it. But not everyone likes r3e or iRacing or whatever.. so that's just normal. But the physics and tire model are finally that what they already should've been for pc1, friggin amazing. There's no two meanings about it, it's just that great.
    But the other parts of the game like game design, GUI, sound, tracks and cars, graphics etc may not be everyone's taste and in some cases even a game breaker. But what can you do... you just cannot satisfy everyone.
    But we're getting there slowly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    And the radiator has its own hitbox now :-D . Wind is working. Also ambient temperature, air pressure (season and weather and track altitude) affects engine power and the angle of the sun affects the track temperature. Etc. It's simulated pretty detailed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    This was already in pC1.

/edit
    Oh @Fanapryde

Wind does work as intended in pC2. You might remember some "events" where people were getting different top speeds... ;)

PS: Let's not get winded up in labels. I did comment a bit sarcastically before too but it goes both ways. I use to say, "if the glove fits..." but this also goes both ways because again, it's just an generalisation and it's wrong and right as ever. We all have our bad day though so... apologies on my part for that.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's what I think is many people's major gripe with SMS/PCars, they left their customers with a half finished product.
    A lot of features (and fixes) were promised for Pc1 but many of those never actually made it into the game. Instead those people are now expected to cough up another 50 bucks plus DLCs in order to get the game that was originally promised to them when they bought Pc1.
    And while I don't really share those feelings, I can understand if sb does feel that way.

But since the announcement of Pc2, whenever there's a pricing debate and sb says that Pcars is so much cheaper than f.e. RR, I have to giggle a little.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Are you saying pCars2 is expensive by comparison or pCars original ? Not sure what made you giggle Christian. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I think Christian means the pCars Ultimate/limited editions, which may look expensive if you don't take a look at what they actually offer. But if you don't need all the extra stuff (most editions are already sold out on pre- order BTW) the standard edition will be my choice. Since the standard edition has more cars/tracks than R3E, it can't be that...

Edit: In my previous post I even forgot to mention snow, ice, ovals (not that I care for these), karts... and all that without mods. As a rather complete package, I think it is a steal.
    Only on PC I have over 800 hrs on pCars, so...

BTW... half finished product ? I can see some missing features, but until now I have found no sim that isn't (even very important ones).
    In my case I am missing the proper triple screen support and the database for best laps, but that would be all for the way I am playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  7. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Oh I see then but actually I paid much more for the R3E content I have than what I paid for my pCars2 gold membership which includes all bonus content plus all future dlc, so I am pretty stoked about that. The changing weather & seasons plus how Livetrack works is incredible and way ahead of everything else currently. The snow & ice look so good too.

And looking at the triple screen setup menu in pC2 it appears to be very comprehensive so should make you very happy Fanapryde.

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i don't care about release versions etc I am gold member and will get a special premium edition (whatever that means) with all future DLCs :p

jesus christ, today another big update, 11 GB.. yesterday it was 13 GB

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the headsup, need to turn on the pc before hitting the hay.

10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I mean that those people I was talking about, those who wanted the things that were promised but not delivered, will eventually have paid way over 100 bucks to get what they wanted/were promised, cause they will have bought 2 full price games plus DLCs. Like the other guys said, Pcars2 will (hopefully) be what Pcars1 should have been, an at least in part was originally promised to be(come). So at the end of the day the early adopters will probably end up spending about the same as they do with RR.
    Well, more figure of speech than giving a per cent value, but see my references in that post. In terms of what they promised Pc1 would be and feature before they announced Pc2, it certainly can't be regarded finished.

Now I don't blame them, from a developers pov that all makes sense and it's not like they have invented the business model of creating a game series. But if you do create a game series you really shouldn't sell your game as if it was gonna be supported for years to come and promise features and half a year after that annouce that those will only be available in the succeeding installment. In that regard their communication back at the time wasn't the best, but I guess it's a learning curve thing for them as well. After all, they're the newcomer in the big league racing title game, and so far they're not doing bad in challenging GT and Forza.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I was pretty sure it was going to happen, but this confirmation made my day ... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

An this without having Falkenberg in the package. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Actually, those who pay for being at PC1 had quite a bit on returns (much more than to just break even their investment).

Even if the game was a total mess (it wasn't) the returns alone would be enough as "compensation for the disappointment". I'm sure many nay sayers gladly accepted that :p

They should've ask for refund... More for SMS to share with those who stayed :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    "compensation of disappointment'? Are you even aware that how small was the original game? Whatever I got with Pcars 1 had already exceeded my expectations as the original idea was supposed to be a free to play with Lotus, Pagani, BMW and Ford.

When they start to obtain more and more manufacturers while fixing up the mess of Shift 2 physics to something more enjoyable to drive, I was pretty satisfied with what they have.

While there are some ROI, that just a nice bonus on top of being able to see how a game being developed. Funny thing is, most of my returns were spent on R3E at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Can you elaborate on this please? I need to hear some bad things to help me get to September. :p
    No need to mention sound though- we all know the king is safe on his throne.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Nah i like the GUI and gamedesign etc. But of course there are cool tracks missing that some(many) people would like to see.
    And they could ditch the streetcars altogether in pcars3 if you ask me. I barely drive them. But racecar roster is very cool. With several cars from the 70s 80s 90s ... And rallycross is very cool but I'm too stupid for that, it's just too hard for me. So i don't drive Rx cars very often ^^

And sound...Hmmm... I drove with headphones on (and edtracker) yesterday and wow the new sound effects are impressive (the rain, the gravel that hits the car and fenders, the surface sounds like puddles and aquaplaning the suspension and bottoming out).. but indeed, the engine and shifting sounds can be improved and i think that's what they're doing right now. But tbh I also think the king is safe :-D

18. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Been there from day 1 ;)
    I did wrote between quotes because I really don't know how to express it better :(
    S2U and pC1 are two completely different beasts. Much of S2U is EA property even. Also, console users were even left alone because of EA. The patch for input lag happened but SMS couldn't release it on consoles (patches cost money) whilst on PC the game was vastly improved just because of that.

Enough history though. No time for this.

pC2 is better in everything wrt to pC1 that's what everyone may or may not believe. Their choice. No hard feelings on this.
    Time will tell anyway :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Almost The egg-laying-wool-milk-pig like we say in Germany.

20. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    The sound is amazing & becoming better all the time plus now that there is a sound mix menu it is on par with the best out there imho and there also has been some added subtle layers in the engine notes being added with few updates with much more to go before finished.