The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Most recent video on car content:

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Curious about something from the revealed car list. What is a GT3 Endurance car? I have never heard of that before, ever.

3. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Group GT3, known technically as Cup Grand Touring Cars and commonly referred to as simply .../... sprint formats for races, but manufacturers could develop and sell an upgrade kit for their cars to allow GT3 cars to be used in endurance races.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, thanks for the info.

So, would this be something they would use in those 6 hr blancpain events? Just seems weird to me since GT3 is already an endurance spec since no races are short sprint races like DTM or WTCC races. And if they needed an endurance spec... GTE is clawing at the door :D

Pardon the naivety as GT3 isnt widely broadcast here in the US. Yay IMSA and TUSCC with their weird GTD cars lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, there's no standalone endurance version of those cars on offer, but most manufacturers offer endurance kits which usually consist of larger fuel tanks, additional headlamps, rapid filling systems for engine oil, a heatable windscreen and endurance extensions for the data display and logging devices.
    Don't think teams have to use them, but it surely makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
  7. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
  8. Karist

Karist Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Just found this. Some nice VR footage featuring various cars, tracks and weather conditions
    and a quick glimpse of the box crew. Still not sure what to think of the car's handling in rain or snow.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  9. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Wow... classic Spa (last track on the video) is present too ! :)
    I totally missed that. It does not seem to be on the confirmed track list ?
    About the handling in snow, spiked tires are optional, so...
    In the rain: the F Rookie seems to do fine at Brno.
    The track from 3'47 on does not look familiar to me. Either I don't know it very well or it's a new one... ?

10. Karist

Karist Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    It surely would be great to have this track in the final game, but I'm not too sure whether we'll get it. IIRC it already was in the pre-release builds of pCars 1, but didn't make it into the final game. Don't know why though.

I believe that to be a shortened version of CoTA.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    The endurance versions are there to get more real life liveries, technically they're the same as their "non endurance" counterparts.
    The endurance versions are only there as per manufacturer request - otherwise we would have to do without the endurance liveries.
    Only more lights and maybe some other, purely optical changes. Physics are identical.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I think you are right, just tried COTA Club (for the first time) in AMS and I see the resemblance. :)

13. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    That can only be good !
    I have had some issues in night races in pCars1 due to the lack of high beams...

14. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh the lights were quite frankly crap, the beam never actually illuminated surfaces correctly..

15. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Still can't wrap my head around the tire squealing. Is it just me? Sounds a bit rough. Really like the selection of cars and the driveline lash in the nissan at spa was impressive.

16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    There are multiple endurance and non endurance GT3 due to the UI issues in Pcars 2. R3E allows the mix of cars with both yellow, white lights and endurance lamps in one car "slot" where some R3E cars have different lights for the same car like 650S GT3.

Unfortunately, this is not the case for Pcars 2 UI where manufacturers or livery license wants SMS to have yellow lights for some liveries and white for others. They had to split it cause the UI can't represent both slightly different models in one slot. The Bentley have slightly different model as 2 of them are upgraded 2016 version with some slightly bodywork changes. Not all cars have this as 650S GT3 only have one variant in Pcars 2.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Sugo / Bac Mono ---> weather x 60
    The x 60 is obviously too fast to see the exact changes, but the driving and AI behaviour looks very real to me...they even take care before rejoining the track after a spin...
    Still WIP though.

Even during the cool down lap after the race, you can clearly see the impact of puddles.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  18. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    AI look very real.. most of them are spinning off, and slow into corners, the grip levels in the rain don't look good neither, also the Mono sounds and drives by the look of it the same as it did in PC1.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  19. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    As in being good or bad ?
    Reminds me of some of my 125 shifter kart races in the 9-ties. Equal amounts of drivers on and off track: real.
    Spinning off and slow in corners: real
    Don't forget this is weather x 60, just for show. I would never use the time/weather multiplier, rather race full length, no time progression.
    (x 60 obviously has an impact on the way AI's driving).

BAC is mainly a big kart with covered wheels. I use it a lot in pCars (and AC) and I feel it is nearly spot on (though I have never driven one IRL, just met them on track). It is ectremely agile, light and powerful.
    Agreed on the sound, that could be improved ... so I would like R3E to introduce one too...
    BTW, for people not familiar with the BAC:
    The Mono is a phenomenally quick machine: thanks to a kerbweight of just 540kg and a 2.3-litre Cosworth engine developing 280bhp, it’ll dispatch the 0–62mph sprint in under three seconds and keep running all the way to 170mph.

All in all, pCars haters are going to eat their heart out...:D

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    weather multiplier means that the amount of rain that's falling is multiplied. but also the drain rate and vaporize rate. It's to get the track fully wet in shorter races, or to get it dry faster when rain stops. When you drive 20 minutes and after 10 minutes it stops to rain you still have a wet track (maybe there's already a dry line, but depends on season and time of day) by the end of the race which makes changing tires to slicks obsolete. To prevent this you have the multiplier.

If you use "realtime", the first weather slot will start at 0h (start of the race), the second slot will get activated at 1h. third slot at 2h and fourth slot at 3h. When you add a multiplier of x10 for example, then the second slot will obviously start after 6 mins, third after 12 and fourth after 18. so good for short races to get a noticable effect of the change. Alternatively you can use "sync to race" to the weather slots will change during the race no matter how long or short it is. How long or short one weather slot lasts is more or less random and how long the transition between two slots is, is also random. But all 4 (or 3 or 2 if you want) slots will appear in the race.

The AI still struggles a bit with the BAC Mono in the rain. Other cars / car classes are with much less incidents by the AI. Yes they can spin out (and it's most of the time always the same AI guys that have problems to stay on track because every AI has a different skill level) and some will probably do (like the player will do).
    The player's grip in rain is being worked on, the AI now has a good speed in rain but the player is still faster (at least I am at AI strength of 90 from 0min - 120max), although my laptimes on Spa in the rain are 15 seconds (red bull ring 8 seconds) slower than on dry tarmac, but really depends on HOW MUCH water is on the track and so it's more a progressive thing

• Like Like x 1