The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    There's a 11% discount until day of release, so no rush right this minute.

How much anti aliasing wasn't on? the amount of jaggies going on during the night was huge, even more so when the headlights beam hit the rear end of another vehicle, the Corvette really didn't sound good at all.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It should sound like this:

3. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    video and screenshots restrictions have been lifted. That's why there is such a flood of them.
    /edit
    YT is horrible with compression in both image and sound not to mention bad "go pro" mic's (especially when mounted in the roll cage). Also, don't forget, helmet and radio in-ear of the driver.
    I'd rather have the professionally taken samples, thank you :)

YT is taken as a bible for all, much like wikipedia... It's like trusting a GPS. It's only good... so far :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I bought the deluxe edition and will use my two hours wisely on release day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yes it should but it doesn't, it sounds very flat and there is no rasp to it, also the rpm seems to be low.

6. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Use a car track combo you know very well if you're going to compare to R3E (or other sims). FFB setup is MUCH simpler now but do try to mess with it. Don't use custom as it is to use with a tweaker file. It changed so you can't import from pC1. In any case the default should be already better. Switch the "Flavour" first without touching the sliders.

Use Time trial because every other mode has wind, ambient and track temps that change hour/day/season and this has an impact on car's behaviour. Even the altitude that on normally aspirated cars takes power down as it should the higher you go.

Then fell free to try the rest. 2h is too short to try a sim let alone one with so much to play with. But it is what Steam allows :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the tips. I really enjoyed PCars after it was patched. It became quite a good racer after a few patches. I enjoyed it so much I bought it on XBOX One as well. My reason for 2 hours of testing is to make sure it's not the bug filled mess that PCars 1 was when it first came out.

8. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Well, it is software... :D

But the new bug squash system helped a lot wrt to reporting errors/crashes/simple debug stuff available during development only ofc ;) and as you can imagine they keep at it.

Just because one finds a bug, that needs to be duplicated. Once in a blue moon bug is hard or nigh impossible to fix.

That being said, I suppose something as huge as a sim has more bugs that the windshields at Nords24h can squash :D and RL testing is ruthless (infinite HW combos) so I'm sure a few will popup but hopefully nothing major

9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I agree but the amount of bugs that were in PCars 1 at launch made it seem as if no one tested the software at least IMO. I'm glad to see that their reporting system has been improved and I'm hopeful that I enjoy PCars 2 as much and as many hours as I've enjoyed PCars 1 across two systems.

10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I had pCars 1 as soon as it came available for PS4. I had some bugs (crashing in the pits at Le Mans and Zolder en a few I may have forgotten), but they were ironed out after a short while.
    When I switched to PC, I had NO bugs at all (unless you would count the 'defending champ' achievement turning grey again and showing 0/0 after I had completed it). It still is...
    I may have had a 'landmine' when lightly cutting last corner at Bannochbrae, but I never succeeded in duplicating that, so...
    Thing is: pCars (and pC 2 probably even more) are simply huge in content and I would not be surprised if bugs are going to show up. That said, I have had bugs in every sim I own...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    @Dave R

It's not improved... in pC1 was non-existent :) There were a lot of buy-ins but only a few actually reported (most didn't even had 1 post...)
    This time around is a bit different. And it's not just the people at wmd testing :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Interesting video about pCars2 menu's.
    Shows the simplified FFB settings too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Project CARS 2 WIP | GT4 Race in Rain | Ford Mustang RTR GT4 @ Circuit of the Americas National

Project CARS 2 WIP | GTE Race | Ford GT LM GTE @ Watkins Glen

Project CARS 2 WIP | Autumn Sunset Thunderstorm Night | Touring Car Race @ Zolder

Project CARS 2 WIP | VW Polo RX | Wildcrest Rallycross

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  14. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. A big step forward from Pcars 1's lunatic FFB settings- linkage stiffness, for stiffness of the virtual driver arms(?!), scoop knee, scoop reduction, relative adjust torque bleed, relative soft scoop linkage damping bleed gain knee clipping stiffness scale removal. Or something.

It was more like a manual for orthopedic surgery than FBB settings. And in my humble experience it all changed diddly squat.

Now its better, but it looks TOO simplistic now. If your wheel will be too soft just in the middle, like some are, then there's no "linkage stiffness" to help you. That's what she said.

15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yes for the first part, but all these settings changed a lot. Some of them only made changes if adjusted together and so on. Most people gave up which is precisely the reason they found the FFB to be bad.
    It is not, it is just too difficult to find the right settings, but once you found them, FFB was rather good.
    LOL...
    AMS has what...one slider ? Great FFB though.
    AC, not much more, if anything iirc.

I have not found out yet if the FFB can be set per car, like in pCars1...

16. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    One can use tweakers. That would require a text editor though and should prove to be complicated enough.
    Just shows there's no way to please. too much... bad. too little.. bad.
    PS: FWIW, i only used 2/3 sliders in pC1 at most. That's after setting the global settings DRR and PWM sliders that worked brilliantly.

The 2/3 were Fy, Mz and/or Zz. Thats it. And it did work. If one couldn't feel the changes something else was wrong. At least on cswv1 and v2...

17. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Awesome... just awesome... :)
    I can almost smell the atmosphere... :D

18. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    :):D:p

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  19. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    @Fanapryde That should make a lot of folks happy.

20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    No doubt, me included :)