Question Triple screen FOV

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Turtle Power, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering how good is the 3 screen support (FOV) in Raceroom?

Currently, I am using only one screen and the only complaint I have is missing a TILT and LEFT-RIGHT movement option. It would be very much appreciated if the developers add this feature in order to satisfy the consumer's needs.

Thanks.

2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic..it looks great

You have to use the "Set Launch Options" in steam to get it running but once that's done it's great.

This thread shows you how to set it up
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/how-to-setup-triple-screens.9711/

It's important to be accurate with your parameters for it to look right

There is no left-right or tilt option and whilst I do wish it was there it's certainly not a game breaker

• Like Like x 1
  3. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate. Good to know.

Cheers

4. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I have found it a significant upgrade and has improved my driving in that a wider FOV allows you to pick up track points sooner. Only issue is I find it a bit of a hit and miss with some cars maintaining the correct FOV and seat position where mirrors are visible and dashboard data is as well.
    I have added the app Sim Dashboard so that helps, but overall I would recommend going to a triple monitor rig.

5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yeah agree
    If you change the FOV for each car to fit in the left and right mirrors and rear view mirror it means you will get this inconsistent perspective of distance to apexes and breaking points.

If you move the seat backwards to fit the mirros in you can also get the feeling that the car dash feels too far away and again get this inconsistent perspective of distance to apexes and breaking points.

You adjust the FOV to get the road and distance view to feel correct
    You adjust the seat forward or backwards to make the size of the dash feel like it's in perspective with the road in front of you
    Took me ages to get the right settings for my set up

and this all depends on the size of your monitors, how far you sit from your monitors, how high you sit infront of your monitors
    I use 24 inch monitors raised up on a ream of paper. At this height a rarely see the full dash meters of a car, some cars I see no dash meters at all so I always use dashmeter pro on my Android. If the dash meters on screan do show they are usually hidden behind my android anyway

The centre monitor is about 800 mm from my face and the side monitors are at 45 degrees

I find the height of your physical seat is critical to ensure you get the correct perspective between your front and side monitors. Even just slouching in your chair compared to sitting up straight can raise your eye level a 10-15 mm and this will cause a distortion of the lines crossing between your front and side monitors. But that is typical of any triple screen set up

But I can guarantee that once you have it set up right you can never go back to single screen racing.

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom in triples is fantastic.
    I just need one more control added: the seat pitch (inclination of the seat), which helps greatly in getting to see the dash meters, without messing up the rest of your view.
    I has been asked before, but I fear it is not going to happen.