Using damper?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MsportDan, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure. If this was the case, setting the profiler to 0% would result in no damping in Raceroom no matter the setting you make in game. And I'm able to set damping just fine in game, no matter the setting in profiler, even 0%.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm only disagreeing because the testing with damper I did you HAVE To have it enables in profiler to actovate it in game. U sure its not on on your wheel?

3. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    You're just being difficult... ;)

I'll check again, maybe I was a bit hasty in my conclusion.

4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the downfall to "too" much damper is though.. countersteering! If you do it too high you will find it hard to countersteer. I settled for 30 and just raised the Vert to bring out the bumps etc in track.

WANT TO TRY A GOOD TESTING COMBO FORD GT AT HUNGARING

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Think it depend on what wheel you have.. but one thing is for shore, if it is the G27 you do not touch the logitech profiler if you have win10. Just have it installed and do all settings under windows controller setting.. and click allow game to change setting.
    Then any change you do in game will effect the wheel.... some changes violent some less so tweek with small and one step at a time ;)

6. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just out of interest my brother has a t150 (me a t300) and he had to turn down some settings as it was too strong. Think SF 40 VF 100 DAMPER 20.

He said without damper cars steering feels its like on a "spindle"!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  7. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Hope that Force Feedback Damper (FFD) & Smoothing are two different things inside the game :confused:
    If soo, I guess FFD is something you can and should have enabled but to what level is a mystery to me :oops: