vip drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by juan Fafian, Jan 29, 2016.

1. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    in the classification of the Masters GT 2014, red bull ring , I'm 76 overall and second among my countrymen , my surprise was to see who was first among my country , nothing more and nothing less than Jose Maria Lopez ( pechito ) the world champion of the WTCC , why not one of the vip runners? I was also in the race with JJ Lehto , not included with the yellow star, which indicates the presence of VIP riders , why not?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hm, not sure if that's the real JM Lopez. Seeing that the name isn't 100 % correct (missing the accented characters) it might just be somebody else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In case of JJ Lehto it is definitely not the real one... or his german writing is really very very good now ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Ah - but to add a VIP-Driver to that question that is really driving in R3E but listed within the VIP-Drivers... Rene Rast has posted a Video while playing it but is not in that VIP-Driver-List...

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  6. Nils Herbstrieth

Nils Herbstrieth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I would not let people use real race drivers names. (sorry JJ)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Shame ... I was so happy to be just thousandths of pechito lopez:(

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Wicked FOV tho, looks like he's doing 400 kph... :openmouth:

Well it might be him, don't get me wrong, but it might also be somebody else.
    The only ones confirmed as being the real deal are the VIP guys and gals, and they simply have to get in contact with S3S to get that VIP-patch I think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a nice (non supported:rolleyes:) triple screen set up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Wow watch him fly , I've got a loooooong way to go. Gotta get me some new video cards too . :)

11. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    What exactly do you mean, "(non supported) triple screen set up."?

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I believe his is being sarcastic about all the folks who claim that R3E is rubbish since it doesn't have proper triple screen support (e.g. each screen rendered separately). Meanwhile this guy has a view that looks just like he is sitting in the car.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Who cares if it renders each screen separately as long as it works.

I've been running 28" triples with RRE pretty much from the start. My view looks like I am in the car.

I do run my screens physically at 45 degrees and use the correct FOV for any sim I run so it looks right including RRE.

Would Multi-view be an improvement? Maybe but it's not entirely crap as it is if your gear is setup correctly. I get 200FPS with drops to 150-180 depending on the track and number of cars running 5760x1200.

This is a great site/guide; http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/index.php

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Well, I've never been able to get my game looking like that and I've spent hours tinkering with the FOV and seating position. I can pretty much never see my passenger side mirror, he can see all of it and then some! I don't know how he managed that view, but I've never been able to get it looking that nice/unwarped.

I have my 32" screens at about 45-50 degrees and also use correct FOV based on the project immersion calculator. My view generally looks more like I'm in a car as seen through funhouse mirrors where everything on the sides is warped or distorted, doesn't look like a normal car or anything like Mr. Rast's video. I've never claimed it's crap or rubbish, but it's frustrating and has a slightly negative effect on my enjoyment of the game.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Brandon i no longer use triples (I'll be back) but when i did, it seemed like some cars worked alot better than others with the warping, just based on what parts of the car are in your view.

I hear you, it would be nice to have, but I've seen seen some claim to boycott the game until it's fixed - that said, to each their own, we all have certain things we really like to have - it did not bother me much when i used triples, but certain cars were worse than others.

16. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I guess you could ask the guy that made that video, if he can share his settings.

17. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest that Rene Rast uses a FOV of 1.0 in that Video as it is the default-setting. He was asked for his FOV-Setting in the comments and it looked like he hadn't touched that setting ;)

18. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed that too, in some cars I can actually see my passenger side mirror, but in most I can't. Proper triple screen support is high on my wishlist but I don't whinge about it or let me stop me from playing.

Somehow, I think Mr. Rast is probably a bit busy celebrating his Rolex 24 win to respond to my questions about his sim racing setup (at least I hope he is!). :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Not even sure if Rene was even allowed to post such a video :D As far as I know, at least a while ago, he was representing PCars and posted one video after another. Also sponsored by Fanatec (just think of agreements between SM and Fanatec while the CSW v3 wasn't fully supported by R3E).
    I'm pretty sure he is driving PCars to earn money while driving R3E for real training :D Would be great to have him as flagship-VIP for the next ADAC Experience ...

20. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    The FOV of Rene Rast seems okay, could be worse
    When first saw the video I didn't even recognised the circuit.

And now Rene Rast.

• Like Like x 1