Vote for an Offline Mode on R3E

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gorgoms, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Gorgoms

Gorgoms Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hi to all,

This is not a new debate on this forum and a lot of us said that we need an offline mode for R3E in several threads.

My proposal is that all of us that wants to require S3S to develope an Offline mode for R3E answer and confirm firmly in this thread our requirement to have an Offline mode in the short term.

Regards to all the forum members.

• Like Like x 21
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Big thumbs up from me!

3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The intention is good but:

They already know that a lot of players would like a pure offline mode... Yes, they know it, and they acknowledged the issue.
    Thing is that they can't do whatever they want. they're technical issues (going from the full online model to offline is not a tricky one)... and financial issues with Raceroom AG paying for the bill of sector3 studio

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yes please.

I went into R3E knowing the deal with the always online requirement but as primarily an offline player I find it less than ideal that the game (I've paid good money for) is rendered unusable when the servers go down. Admittedly it rarely affects me but I think it's just another thing used against R3E by its many detractors.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Gorgoms

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    @le_poilu I Know that there are technical issues and maybe the financial situation limits their freedom to do that they want (i don't know exactly what can be the limitation but this is not the question) but I'm a user of R3E since the first day and i want to continue as R3E user for long time. I bought all the content and i want to continue buying quality content when this magnificent team delivers it, i think it's the best sim out there; quality graphics, quality sounds, quality physics. Amazing. And yes, we need more features but i think they are coming. For this reasons i want to use the content that i paid for, as online use or as offline use, and i think this needs to be only due to my personal needs and my personal availability, not should be due to the connection availability or the backend servers availability.

And finally... imagine for a moment (i hope this is not going to happen) that S3S goes again into bankruptcy, what is going to happen with our paid content? for how long are they going to maintain alive the servers?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Agree - this is one reason for playing something else, although I wouldn't put it above some of the known upcoming features (i.e. setup saves & fuel).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I think this is an issue that doesn't need a vote. I mean, I find it hard to understand why someone would prefer constant online over for example Steam-like system :rolleyes:

If this needs to be weighted with other missing features for priority, I'd have offline first and flags, tire pressures and such afterwards.

So, yes :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    S3e develop the title they dont own it ....

i believe that creating an offline mode is an absolute nightmare for this game , it would effect every aspect of the game from f2p to piracy , have a hunt around in your game files and you will realise what you are actually missing , everytime you log in join a mp session , stuff is brought to your Pc /downloaded as far as i believe ... im more than certain the guys at s3e have looked at this but as i said its not there title its racerooms and there associates ...
    i agree its a PITA but i dont see any quick solution at present

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The content is completely downloaded on your PC befor. It's "just" the user-Profile that is online. With every move in the game your profile will be checked to see what content you own and what not... Based on that all the dialogs are buildt up and shows exactly what you can do or not do/have to buy.

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    im not sure that it is just that , i think you may also be missing fundamental stuff like physics etc

Andi

11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    A no-brainer. It's a Yes, of course.

Constantly needing to be online does nothing, really nothing for me, I never play Raceroom in MP. But I totally depend on their end of the wire all functioning fine. For what?

I would rate this is one of the two or three biggest issues with Raceroom. It also is one of the most prominent complaints made by potentially interested people, after the business model, which ranks place 1.

Edit: P.S. And just seconds later I realise there is a new thread at the top "Server down". Originally I meant to drive in some minutes. Well...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    just give it a try... it was on top yesterday, too but I was playing in the evening without any trouble...

13. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes please

14. mr_doedel

mr_doedel Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
  15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I actually don't bother about offline..
    Server issue that have prevented me from playing, not counting updating days (but those days you just hang around the forums anyways..) it have happened once or maybe twice in one and a half year.
    And honestly, how often are you offline?
    I'm always online when I turn on my PC, and never bother to start steam in offline mode..
    I have far more trouble with steam issues than R3E related issues.

I do understand the ones with bad connection wanting an offline mode though, but also see the issues with hackers and cheaters..

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    If it is possible ,Yes!

17. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'm exclusively an SP player and not a particular fan of always online. Both from a technical standpoint when server issues prevent accessing features, and from the perspective that it means you don't really fully own the content you paid for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I understand it might be difficult to implement, but still I would like to cast my vote as - yes please!

I for example have a very small window to play which is between 21:00 - 22:00 at night, and that's not even everyday. So it's really disappointing when the moment you've been craving all day comes and you're unable to log in because of the servers being down.
    I'm sure that a lot of people that have jobs and families would feel the same way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I looked at it some weeks ago, half-hearted, three times or so, and always found a list of empty servers, and drove on an almost empty Raceroom Fantasy track with two or three visitors testing the game. The feature worked, but I still did not care. Plus I do not even do Nordschleife trackdays in AC anymore, why should I then even want to do it in Raceroom? SP leaves me the freedom to have the track, the conditions, and a car class and field of my liking. No compromise needed on my side regarding the conditions set by the server admin.

By the end of the day, I never have been and probably never will become a great mutliplayer. Not even in any of the other games I still play. And I still would think and claim that I am in huge and numerous company with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gorgoms

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    @Kostadin Kostadinov, I'm on the same situation, Job Travels, family matters, i have so little time for my hobby and i can't reeschedule my life due to this kind of issues. It's so frustrating... but i want to say again that i love this sim....

• Like Like x 2