VR Performance Tweaks & Tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomas Jansen, Apr 19, 2019.

1. rafnix

rafnix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Does a Quest 3 via link cable demand more PC power than a Rift S?

2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    you you should smoke us in terms of performance with a 4090 even if you don't have a X3D CPU.

I was doubtful about headset fundamental differences but I fired up my Q2 last night, that I had left to my daughter for standalone Gaming for a long long time.
    and to my surprise it did introduce some micro stutters in RRE, and I observed also graphical artefacts in bumper view

None of this is present when I VR with my Pico NEO3Link so yes headset itself or maybe the drivers/settings create this discrepancy and influence your experience with the G2

as I mentioned above, it could be such a rabbit hole to identify source of stutters and low performance in VR that I would recommend to start from scratch.

Your headset generic resolution and generic settings set in the drivers/WMD UI
    Disable any monitoring/tweaking tool, I mean no MSI AB, RGB stuff bla bla bla (concrete example for me few months ago, I had stutters with ControlFan due to the source of sensors its using for GPU temps so I had to untick this in the software settings to get back smooth VR)
    set your NVIDIA CP and Profile inspectors to DEFAULT
    see if that toggle in Windows affects your performances
    [​IMG]

hope this helps

• Love it! Love it! x 1