Problem Wasted Money

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Caledonian Wolf, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    So what exactly is going on here? "Portal services unavailable" Yeah thats no connection to the game at all. If I am lucky enough to get in the game all I am getting is "lost connection to server" errors. If I had known raceroom had this many problems I wouldn't have wasted my money. Oh and before anyone blames me or my equipment these faults are coming from raceroom servers not me. Also I just spent 3 months with an iRacing subscription and never once had a connection problem.

Someone needs to get their act together.

2. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I've been playing a lot since this June. Had problems getting into the game twice, once was the previous free weekend when they got swamped.
    Don't know whats up this time, sorry ...

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, if more people had such troubles I'm sure we would have more threads like this... so i'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the settings you are using. So let's get away from harsh comments and move to finding a solution...

Are you using any firewall or do you have any ports blocked? Which provider are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    No it's not my settings. My setting have stayed the same. It seems that someone has now rectified the problem. And plenty people are getting these problems. Read the threads.

5. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    aah... you don't have the problem at the moment but it came up often?

In the opening post it sounds like you are always have trouble with the log-in in Raceroom

6. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Well that lasted less than an hour and we are back to the same connection lost errors. The hilarious thing is, before the update that was supposed to fix these errors it was working great. What a joke.

7. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  8. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    There has been a drop. If you read the other threads people are complaining of not getting into raceroom. Guys in leagues are complaining they can't get racing. This ain't just me. It works fine one day then goes crazy the next. Only thing that changes is what I'm connecting to. I just did a logon and two races without a single error. Now I'm back to "Error 503 Portal services unavailable"

9. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, this is a show stopper for me. Life is too short to be frustrated with something like this. Since I purchased many of the content packages offered, I am a bit annoyed that I am not able to use the program whenever I have some free time. It becomes a frustrating time of rebooting, reloading steam than trying to get r3 to work... for right now I am a bit sorry I put the money into this program, hopefully this changes very soon, it got rapidily worse after the last patch, before that it appeared far less frequently. Back to rfactor3 till sector3 and steam work this one out.

Rich

10. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I have gone thru all the error message and tried
    flush steam config
    verify app install
    the app chache for steam, and the app in question
    steam as administrator
    went thru all the "known" programs that might have an issue with steam
    still getting the 503 portal error
    at this point I have done everything I can think of, I am not going to place a ticket at steam, been there done that, very confusing, long process, that has not worked in the past for other issues.

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    A shame. You sure it isn't your connection? Where you at, broadly?

12. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Its not an internet issue, i can surf, and play utube videos with little to no issues. Had this problem since the beginning, has gotten worse the last week.

13. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Getting a location/provider may be helpful, we have had issues with a German provider who was replacing their routers making it near impossible for players to connect properly. It was a bit of a headache case for the guy, but the last patch solved it in nearly all cases.

So the more info we can get the more probable it is we might hone into what might be causing it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, if you say so...:rolleyes:
    Funny, because by definition
    is always an "internet issue". http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/503error.htm

Not saying it must be caused on your side, but without giving info the devs can do a handstand for you or sing a soothing song but certainly not (try to) fix the issue.

15. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I have verizon dsl, i am in atlantic highlands, nj. I am approximately 3 blocks from the switching station. This is approximately 45 miles from nyc.
    Any i.fo specifically you need? I can provide the dsl modem info when i get home from work tonite.
    Rich

16. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Previous to the last patch i was ae to log into my gamestudio profile page and for whatever reason that seemed to allow me to use the program. I am not sure if that is just a coinsidence or not. Not sure if that helps any.
    Rich

17. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I joined RaceRoom in February 2013, I did 7533 laps and I have clear one month in-game time (mostly in 2014 and 2015). I also own AC and tryed for few hours Project Cars.

With all the confidence, I can say that RaceRoom is the best by all the criterias, except one - very low online during the day, but Sector3 working really well in this question. And this year has lots of improvements. Which I respect so much!

According to connection problems in R3E... So, this game suffer them not more than the other online game. Don't be mad about that, instead send logs and try developers to improve this game with utility words. If you have a powerful PC with good Internet connection, believe me, you will get the best racing experience ever. Even if you own a budget-gaming PC, RaceRoom will provide best optimization and smoothnes during the races!

And by the way, I currently own a 3-monthh promo sub for iRacing and you know what? I spent olny few hours in it.

For me:
    Daylight - R3E competitions some practices, AC only when I want to race people online and run some Nordschleife which one soon will be here also! Can't wait for RaceRoom version of SPA and Nords.
    Evening-night time - R3E only!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Are you serious? ". So, this game suffer them not more than the other online game. Don't be mad about that, instead send logs and try developers to improve this game with utility words. If you have a powerful PC with good Internet connection, believe me, you will get the best racing experience ever".For a start it suffers a lot more than iRacing. As I said, three months on iRacing and not a single connection issue. I'm paying for a product here, I'm not paying to fix their game for them. There are obvious issues that need to be fixed. Now no one minds the odd problems but it's every single time with R3E. Check my latest post.

19. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    How would I send logs, I can not even get into the game... If I had a little information on what to do or try, I could at least do something. -Something changed and I have no idea what, and from some of the comments here, it sounds like it is my problem to deal with.
    Rich

20. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I think you'll find most people on here can be helpful. But in return a reasonable attitude is preferable. I can't check where the game stores it's log files at the moment since I'm on an iPad away from home, but they will be either in the games install folder, or possibly in your user folder, maybe in saved games or somewhere like that?
    Once you have found them, you can attach files to posts in here and the devs can use the info to improve the game. Everyone wins.