Well, that´s it. The current AI sucks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClayytonBR, May 16, 2016.

1. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, after hours and hours of races against adaptive AI, I tried and tried to find what the problem is and got to the conclusion: the current AI SUCKS! I won´t waste my precious time with this anymore. Until they fix it or present a way of getting the old files back(I ´d even pay for that if it was the case) I´m through. As someone´s said, not a single penny on this game anymore until it gets fixed. I gave it a last shot but it really sucks!

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    What is your problem with it?
    I agree that it's not perfect, and still needs work.
    But I would have a hard time finding an AI that is better elsewhere..

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    bit extreme

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I think R3E has the best AI of any racing game I've played over the last 20 years. I rate the AI in the average racing game about 5 or 5.5/10.

I rate the current R3E AI at 8.5/10. I agree the previous version was better - I gave that a 9. There are a couple of little oddities and frustrations I have with it (and with the previous version for that matter) but boy oh boy, I continue to have some wonderfully competitive races with FR2, Tatuus, WTCC, DTM and FRJ. It's great FUN. :cool::D

Just my personal take...

[By the way - I don't use adaptive AI - I set the AI to be slightly faster than me. Once I've done that I find it to be remarkably consistent across tracks - which anyone who has played the recent F1 series will know is an quite an achievement from the developers!!]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I don't use adaptive AI either, set it at 115 or more in general, had same great battles yesterday against them and was really fun so not sure what your problem is.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Raspou

Raspou New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Not totally agree with Claytton because i think AI still good. But i understand his post, AI just after the june 2015 patch was so great, less linearity and "train car" as actually, race was very dynamic. So it's a little bit frustrating when something in a game is declining even if it's still good. Hope it will change when solo multiclass arrive.

PS: sorry for my very bad english ^^

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lyndon Hughes

Lyndon Hughes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i am new to r3e and i dont know if i am doing something wrong with the AI but i also find them awfull,if you brake slightly early for a corner they ram you off,they go barging there way through with no respect what so ever,

theres so much i like about this sim but there is also a lot i dont like the AI im not too bothered about idont mind learning tracks and testing on my own and i have other sims i can race on but no triple screen support is what i really cant get used to it really bugs the hell out of me,hopefully we might see some support for it in the future

8. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    When every race I see an ai car driving into the tyres on the hairpin at sonoma and causing the whole field to traffic jam behind them then Yeh I'm waiting for an update. Personally I think the ai is better at rf2. Ams ai is great too

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    AI took a dive recently (seemingly to due with larger grids) and it seems to be something S3 is aware of. J-F posted something about it over at PRC but I don't really feel like digging through that comments section to find it. :)

Seeing as how the AI used to be a thing brought forth as a strong point in R3E I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's probably a rather high priority for them too. If this was the US congress I'd slip generic displays into the bill to fix it but even I have to agree that AI takes priority here. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I like this game a lot (aside from the current AI, of course), but, right now, even Project Cars AI is better. I know, I´ll get a lot of disagrees, yeah, yeah, I can take it, but truth to be said, I have way more fun with PC right now. I watch old videos I have here and it´s unbelievable how active and aggressive the AI used to be and now they´re just a line behind me, no threat, no overtakes, no nothing. Definitely, the current AI is almost at the same level of Assetto Corsa´s robotic AI, almost there, just a little more work on it and it´s done. After two updates ago I felt that something had changed, and I felt it like when I stopped getting excited about driving my sim on the weekend, I don´t feel that addiction to the game anymore, and for that part, particularly, my wife´s loved:D.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty much on the lines with the OP about current state of the AI. It is much worse than it was before the latest patch and at its current state, I haven't spent much of my free time in R3E, unfortunately. There is so much great new and updated content since the Nords release, but aside from short test drives, I haven't bothered just because of the AI. Is it useless? No, but it definitely isn't good, which it was before the last overhaul. AI just does too much stupid things on track to the point that it is not fun or realistic.

As it is, R3E AI is currently clearly behind the best, that is rF2, where I've spend most of my simming hours lately. If the track has a half decent AI structure built in the game, it works marvelously. GSCE, and to improving extent Automobilista too, do both their AI stuff mostly enjoyably, although there seems to be some tracks in the latter, where AI tends to struggle a bit. Before the latest AI patch, I considered R3E to be pretty on par with rF2 when looking at the general quality of AI, but not at this point. Those three games mentioned before take the podium places from the R3E.

It is great that S3S is developing the AI and I don't mind the temporary setback. I just hope they can roll out some new patches soon to improve the situtation, so I can get back to the game :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I don't do SP races much often, but noticed a few issues lately - one might be that the AI still uses default setups that generate very unrealistic gaps between you and the AI at certain spots on the track (which wasn't that drastic before and sometimes looks like even the AI has problems to keep the cars on the track at higher diff. levels :) ) - I always asked myself if it couldn't be possible the AI simply loads player setups or some altered "default" setups at least, based on the impressions of experienced RRE drivers ?

13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed yesterday that AI in DTM92s are ridiculously fast on straights. I mean i was loosing like 2 seconds on every faster straight on Nordschleife, even though you can't adjust wings, i was in slipstream and im sure my throttle was at 100%. AI was set on 110.

14. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    *cough* Multiplayer *cough* try it *cough*

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Mr Chardon on PRC comments section:

"The AI was tempered with when we introduced bigger grids. We are working on bringing it back to the state where it was indeed the best AI in the business. Right now it has tge flaws you pointed at, and even more that you didn’t find."

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    You poor brave man for delving into the beast that is the PRC comment section. Well done on finding it though, and as usual kudos to J-F and the rest of S3 for being communicative and honest about R3E even it's not always what one wants to hear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    First comment on most recent Sector3 article. No long term damage suffered.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    You say that... But I'm still putting you on a PTSD watch list. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'M OK GODAMMIT!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Cough* the place is dead cough* full of quitters cough* a lot of lag cough* can´t I just choose to play SP? cough, cough*

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1