Problem Wheel Not being detected in R3E (LT DFGT)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by cmwontner, May 3, 2018.

1. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi All...

I Have just received today and set up my first wheel after battling with the 360 controller for 5 months.
    I am using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel.

After much tribulation I have got the correct drivers working (v5.10 for win7 x64), both drive manager, crew cheif and the logitech software all are recognising the wheel and trhe inputs.
    When I launch RRRE and go to my controller profile setup the wheel is is not listed...scanning for devices doesn't fix, nor does switching usb sockets, nor rebooting and trying again and again.

Has anybody else encountered this or similar have any ideas? This wheel was hard for me to afford and my sysyem is old and slow (like me).

Any ideas much appreciated or it's back to the pad for me!

2. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    In settings assign inputs to the accelerator, brake turning axis etc,, use the the mouse to select what you want then press or move the appropriate input on the controller, :D

3. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will try this but I don't think it will work as the only controller profiles avilable to me are the xbox 360 controller default and user made profiles

4. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not registering the inputs from the wheel whilst in xboox controller profiles

5. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have tried also to use the wheel with my windows 10 laptop, and the wheel was recognized as a new device and a profile created by clicking notification as it should so I think this problem may be specific to my windows 7 x64 which is what I need yo use to game on, so still looking for ideas.

6. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I’m assuming the xbox controller is not plugged in aswell as the wheel?

7. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    you assume correctly, good sir Thanks for your effoerts though

8. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    You could also backup your controlsets and delete
    C:\Users\name \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\device_statistics.xml
    It will reset your plugged devices.

9. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ok, try that now, kep em comin, just in case!

10. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I renamed that to (old) effectively deleting, but this hasn't done anything (the xbox controller profiles are still there too)

11. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    delete the file not rename, thanks

12. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well I have deleted the .xms file and all my previously created xbox controller profile, but still no joy

13. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have deleted everything in my simbin folder and that has removed all my settings, including the default xbox controller profile, but THE WHEEL IS NOT BEING DETECTED BY R3E (DESPITE BEING RECOGNISED AS IT SHOULD AND FUNCTIONING AS IT SHOULD OTHERWISE IN CREW CHIEF AND THE LOGITECH APPS ETC, AND IS SHOWIMG UP AS IT SHOULD IN DEVICE MANAGER) WIN7 X64, DRIVER VER 5.10......WORKS FINE ON MY WIN 10 LAPTOP, BUT NO GOOD FOR GAMING, OTHER CONTROLLERS/WHEELS ARE RECOGNISED THOUGH, SUCH AS CRAPPY OLD MADCAT MY MATE BROUGHT UP AND MY XBOX 360 PAD.

14. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Can you uninstall logitech software and profiler, reboot machine plug wheel in and load RaceRoom. thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    just a thought: I know you have installed the driver it recommends on the Logitech site, but have you tried using their newest driver suit available? If it doesn't work you can always revert to the legacy driver, but I'd give that a try if I were you.

16. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Indeed , I vave installed and uninstalled versions of the driver all day, and then using youtube found out the v5.10 is the onbly one which works. I have unistalled it and reinstalled the logitech software many times to get it working, and is esp annoying as had to do a special boot each time to allow win 7 to use the unverified drivers from logitech, as well as battling with windows automatically recognizing the wheel incorrectly and having to delete those drivers each time too... quite a royal painin the arse!

17. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Still not working in race room though! :( ...so vexing when your new toy is notwhere near as plug n play as it should, instead repeatedly beating me on the head until I had intense migraine!

18. cmwontner

cmwontner New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I also checked the drivers were the most up to date individually using dev man to check the internet and they seem to be.

19. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Steam or the game isn’t installed on a separate drive is it ? There both installed to the default path of windows?

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you havent tried this already, you might try to verify the integrity of the game cache in steam to see if there are any corrupt or missing files.

To do this: right click on RaceRoom in Steam, select properties... In the new window that appears, go to the 'local files' tab, and choose "verify integrity of game cache". Steam will check for missing/corrupt files and download new ones if necessary.

Also, where did you get the logitech drivers from? Did you get them from here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/driving-force-gt/downloads ? And did you make sure to select Windows 7 as your OS?

If that doesnt work, unplug all USB peripherals except your mouse & keyboard & wheel. Shut down any non-necessary programs including Crew Chief and whatever else may be running. Launch the logitech gaming software and leave it open and then start RaceRoom. See if the game recognizes your wheel.

If that doesnt work, try using a different USB port. You might be using a USB 3 port right now, and that may be causing problems. Try USB 2 (any USB port that is not colored blue).

• Agree Agree x 1