When am I driving with on line players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M. Gordon, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    if you got wheel .. I would recomend skipping Novice and go for Real settings .. you might get some bad habits on Novice ... Get Real is not hard to drive, you can start with something easy to control .. GT3s, Silhouettes, Aquila ...

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more. Don't be intimidated by 'get real' mode, there are plenty of easy-to-drive cars, just be smooth, pick a track you know, and build up slowly

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You cant learn a pace if you don't know a track and the car.

I stick to it: learn first offline instead of beeing a rolling obstacle for others, no mmatter your desire to avoid collisions. Once you know the track layout and can master the car around it without desperately avoiding to slam into walls or leave the track or missing breaking points of right gear in turns - then you go into the middle of action with others. Ten rounds on a new track first offline. Saves you - and the others!! - many worries in online later.

Works not much different in real life, btw. ;) Basics first. Creativity later.

Its about not being impatient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Good advise is to stick to those cars that got the new physics already. GT3, DTM15, these are good cars to start with. Considering how many GT3 cars there are already, that alone should keep you busy for a while.

6. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Tim and belowski. Try a week of free to play servers/cars. You will learn a lot.

7. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Thats a very good choice i recommend you to start with manual gearbox so you get used to it as fast as posible

8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    '92 Beemer is so easy to drive and great for learning tracks, very forgiving, also a great car to play about with setups for the first time, it's also bloody good fun!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I went online for the first time yesterday. in 30 minutes practice and 15 min qualifying I only managed to do one (1! .. O.N.E.) decent lap that was not invalid. My online time also was 20 seconds slower than my offline time. I guess I was too worried to be a moving obstacle. My best offline time was 10 seconds slower than theirs online. So I had my eyes constantly in the back-view mirror which did not really help my driving. Next time I'll go online I will focus more on myself. As long as I stay on my line and don't do anything stupid it's their job to pass me safely. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1