Which car, for you, is the hardest to drive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skidmark, May 28, 2016.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Remember this is subjective - it's the car you find hardest to drive for whatever reason.
    For me its this guy...
    Group 5 / Chevrolet Corvette Greenwood 1977
    [​IMG]
    If you ever want to explain inertia to someone... this is the car to do it in. No matter how early I brake he just keeps on goin' wherever he wants.

I love it, especially the sounds, but it's the car I really struggle with most.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I don't have experience of all the car classes, but for GT3 I find the Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3 frustratingly hard to keep control of, which is a shame as it's a car I really like and it's graphically modeled very nicely (even has a more unique interior than some). It might just be my driving, though, I'm still a noob...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    GPL.. Papyrus.. o_O

No for me in RRE the group 5 pack Porsche
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Any group 5 & the Koenigsegg.

I run without TC so those are legit hard to control. I feel like group 5 is doable if you're in the higher revs though..

5. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    THIS ONE!

NSU.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Always the one that's in testing. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Greenwood Corvette for me as well. And even though it's almost impossible for me to keep it going in a straight line most of the time I still can't get enough of that monster. Mostly because the awesome noise it makes, but also trying to conquer it even slightly makes for such a fun time :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Dekon Monza and the mustang gto equally

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The monza is a beast, since that's one I tried to bitmap and race with, I'd have to go with that one.

I find the M1 to be awesome, but if I've been racing DTM or GT3 for awhile and hop in the M1 for a race, I always crash it braking way too late. Feels like a more agile car than it is I think.

10. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Interesting that others find the corvette difficult too. Note that I am not saying there is anything wrong with it at all (I've never driven a real one so how would I know!).

I think I'll nickname it the 'Maggie' [Thatcher] as I've found 'it ain't for turning' :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    :p
    Yes the M1 is one of my most favorite to drive. :p It takes a while for me to get bored with it. But as you said. I have to warm up to it. I usually start with an easier track like Salzburg. Then go on to other tracks. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Considering what you guys have said here, I must be a masochist, since those are my favourite cars to drive. I do not find them that hard to drive though, at least I can get them around all tracks without crashing, if I am paying attention. Basically, anything without a huge turbocharger is manageable for me. You want undriveable? Check out Assetto Corsa's Ford GT.

On a side one, I wish Raceroom introduced some vehicles that actually have a reputation of being scary to drive. Something like the 60's and 70's Formula 1 cars.

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    For me it's the dtm 2015 cars, but only in DTM experience mode. In Raceroom mode they're fine but with the experience enabled I find the rear really unstable and unpredictable, guess the tyres are different

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    M
    Maybe your not driving fast enough then, lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    LOL, probably, but I already find those a handful when driving at my own pace. Far from undriveable though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Audi R8 LMS Ultra GTR3, by far the hardest for me to drive, seem to suffer with an ungodly amount of understeer with it followed by a very touchy throttle response.
    Downshifts from 3rd to 2nd in slow speed/heavy braking zones (while trail braking) seems to always catch me out with rear locking too.

17. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    You can read that one of two ways, which cars do you find difficult to drive competitively or which cars are hard to drive...
    driving competively, all of them :)
    group5, if it has a turbo or 2, they are too difficult for me to get a handle on right now. Like the corvette and the monza though.
    gto, same thing, the mustang is a handfull to push to competitive pace, but I really love that car, though I do tend to blow motors in 30-60 minutes races :)

18. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Oh I can drive those cars:rolleyes:. And keep them on the track. Just not any faster than my grandma:oops:
    :tonguewink:

19. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I just can't chose.

Formula Junior : art of downshifting or hello spin out.

WTCC : Traction cars are a real mystery for me, I'm so slow but I'm glad I'm improving.

Ford GT3 : needed tons of hours to master its oversteer in slow corner and can still struggle in my bad days.

All cars using the clutch : I don't know how to do heel-and-toe instinctively yet.

Formula Raceroom 2 : makes me laugh each time I see most of guys completely failing at the standing start in public MP sessions.

Last edited: May 30, 2016