Why do you love "Le Mans"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    .. or should we use the the real name of the track; Circuit de la Sarthe.
    It's the most desired track in this forum, but why? I don't like it.. It's a long straight with some turns.. Or?

Tell me, why do you like this track so much :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I had this track in a racing game when I was younger, almost fell asleep a couple of times on every lap.. . :sleeping:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Don't under estimate that Track. It is challenging to be real fast there! :cool:
    I for one like the contrast between very fast sweeping curves and very slow sections.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Just because off. :(
    My reason is that we can race the virtual 24 H of Le-Mans

5. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Because... :D
    Lemons.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Much Fast Such Furious

Much Fast Such Furious New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Because the track is legendary -- it's iconic, and it's actually surprisingly a lot of fun to drive (at least from other games, anyway). The Porsche Curves are some of the best sets of turns on any race track, ever, IMO. The track also has a little bit of everything. Very long straights, sweeping corners, a slow chicane, hairpin and other things to keep you interested. To put it simply: it's endurance racing at its finest.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i don't really love this track. there are better tracks out there.. plenty.

LeMans imho is only useful with LMP cars.

• Like Like x 2
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I find it boring. Sorry.

Iconic location, rich history...but I don't find the track particularly interesting to drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    pure spirit

10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Imagine:
    Raceroom comes with weather changes, 24 H day and night cyclus, driver swap and a event to join with your friends
    To join such event makes me love Le-Mans.
    And i'm sure that i'm not te only one

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    And this track has 80 votes :p

12. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Personally I do not wait nor do I need Le Mans. 15 years ago or so, there was a dedicated game named Le Mans, featuring only this one track, visually it was okay in its time, had even day-and-night cycle, but aleady back then I found it extremely boring to drive. This impression never has changed in later incarnations of this track in other games. A Nascar race on a Superspeedwaylike Daytona where the turns are so wide that you never need to set a foot on the brake and always have the gas flat out if you get the line right, to me is more interesting an event, than Le Mans.

I think its because Le Mans sucks, plain and simple. :p

BTW, happy new year to all of you! Even you Le Mans-lovers.:)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Having Le Mans in R3E would be great... after day and night cycles, single player multiclass and perhaps even dynamic weather will be already there. Until then, it's not very high on my list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, maybe the hunaudieres is not that exciting but IMO the rest of the track is just a blast.
    Going from start to the dunlop-bridge through tertre-rouge out of the long hunaudieres hoping to get the line to carry the speed for the long straight...
    And then heading from mulsanne through indianapolis to arnage and than to the porsche corners is so much fun and everywhere I find memorys from the races that happend there the last decades...

And yes, even the hunaudieres is fun and very unique these days. There aren‘t much tracks left in modern racing in which slipstream-racing is possible in such a dimension...

LMP cars aren‘t really needed for that track. The thrill of speed is higher in those cars, but the fun in GT-Cars is IMO a bit higher...

Le Mans might not be the most difficult track to learn, but a very difficult one to master as you can lose alot time in every single corner with a huge impact on the lap-time...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This must be the game I'm thinking of.
    I rember the day and night cycle and I think this was the first game I played that had glowing brake dics! :)

16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    This thread made me brouse my LeMans magazine.
    Enough history, to like this track.:D
    I'd rather like to see a historic version of the track with historic cars from the 60ies, 70ies and 80ies, though not very likely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    It is the circuit that really got me into simracing.
    The event and track itself are unique and attract so much people from all over the world.
    To me especially coming up to the Porsche-curves and nailing them is breathtaking in both lmp and gt but the whole circuit is just challenging to get right..
    So i love it and miss it :):(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    My best memories of this track are on GT5/6 for a bad reason from a sim racing point of view...

There was some special races where dirty driving was not only allowed, but was mandatory, haha, with the maximum boost given to the last cars so you're never last for a long time.

To get a good result it was necessary to use all shortcuts in the grass, and to push your opponents off-track. The funnier was to push someone in a fence in the long straight line (layout without chicane) at approx. 400 Km/h, I smile just remembering this. :)

I must admit this races was the biggest amusement I had on GT5/6. :oops: :D

19. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Haha, i remember what your saying.. :D There were some solid groups as well though, who where almost daily having a server with good drivers..
    Was just so much fun with the gt-one, Purple jaguars, bentley,...
    But i feel we already have plenty of cars in r3e to have plenty of fun on it as well..

20. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Because Le Mans 24 hours on Circuit de la Sarthe is endurance racing at it’s finest imho. Very high speeds, challenging corners and above all challenging to drive real competitive lap times, let alone doing that consistently over a couple of hours. And besides that, the tactics have to be played like a game of chess. That makes it imho great.

And to simulate that on the computer is just really fun, though I think I never would 1) be fast enough to keep out the backbencher zone and 2) be able driving multiple hour stints. But for example in RF2 an PC2 I like to do for example half hour races with multiplication of the track and time. Would love to be able to do it in R3E even without the possibility of speeding up time, track development and day/nightcycle.

And than there is that USA thing called Sebring International Raceway...:hearteyes:

• Agree Agree x 1