Why do you love "Le Mans"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Dec 31, 2017.

1. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I grew up watching Steve McQueen in Le Mans with my dad. I've watched all 24 hours of the race every year since. Its iconic, the pinnacle of motorsports. Its the race all manufacturers and drivers want to win.

To make it more 'fun' in a sim for those that aren't impressed, setup a multi-class race. Imagine going down Mulsanne, about to overtake a slower car, when all a sudden a 919/917/962 fills up your rearview mirror in a heartbeat. Carry that adrenaline to the Porsche curves, taken at speed.

I highly suggest the documentary Truth in 24; pour yourself a nice drink and enjoy. It was produced by the NFL films crew; they followed Audi behind the scenes for a year, with a storybook script with drama until the end. Oh, and its narrated by Handsome Rob.

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Group C.....drool. let's hope the next Porsche is a group C included with a pack.. been awhile since we've had an exciting announcement.. lol yes I know new gt3s and Porsche

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Group C cars must be my favourite race cars ever. Perhaps because I grew up in the early 80s and that is my first memory of race cars beside the iconic F1 cars from that time. Imo they're also one of the best looking cars. Fingers crossed that there will be a pack available someday for Raceroom. This combined with the GTO class would make great multiclass racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I would love for a Group C and a Can-Am pack. RaceRoom's visceral sounds would be epic!

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Because it is the perfect Location for packed Multiclass Racing and once S3 breaks the 36-car Limit for stable Multiplay Events and having driver change live hopefully, it 'll be a blast (imho)...;)