Why no discount(however small) for WTCC 2013 holders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean Kenney, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Don't take this the wrong way, bitching, moaning, too cheap or complaining, the price for WTCC 2014 is fair/good, but curious as to why there is no extra discount for the 2013 holders, however small?

I extrapolate another couple of years playing the game and the number of updated cars I have to buy being very expensive, so savings of 50+ vrp here and there makes a big difference.

I just feel if this model is going to work, discounts on updated models, however small, will limit frustrated consumers who are buying DTM, ADAC,WTCC and any yearly released car.

@Jay Ekkel

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    But it's not the same cars as in WTCC 2013.
    So I actually don't see why we should get a discount for owning 2013..

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I can understand if that is the case, so maybe I misunderstood and am off the mark, but I thought they said you would get discounts for owning previous years of cars...I could be wrong, but I thought there was a DTM 2013 to 2014 discount for example. ADAC 2013 to 2014.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I can understand it with it being new models and physics. But it would be a great incentive for the people who've supported the sim so far to continue to do so. The fact that we'll be seeing the 13 cars less in MP now doesn't help either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember with DTM 2014.
    I got a lot of discount, but don't know if that was mostly for the tracks?.
    The BMW was a M3 in 2013 and a M4 in 2014, don't know about the rest.

But you can see the difference from WTCC 2013 and 2014 just by looking at them.

Maybe with multi class races?
    People might miss both the BMW and the Seat.

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The WTCC '14 pack is fairly priced in my opinion (compared to the rip-off that was the GTR2 pack) but I agree with the principal of a loyalty discount for owners of the WTCC '13 pack. Even if it's 10% off, that's something at least. I would only apply this discount to people buying the full packs.

Ok, the WTCC '14 cars are quite an evolution from the previous year but I still believe it's a good idea to reward and incentivise loyal customers. This will be more pertinent when we (presumably) get the WTCC '15 pack which is essentially the same cars with aero tweaks and one new model.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I agree James. I think the price is solid, just looking down the road to 2016.... all classes....6 more updates.. 6 more packs and or experiences.

I am a bit disappointed and I care about it, but I am not losing any sleep over it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. euphoreon

euphoreon New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The cars do look nearly identical to 2013 ones though... not like they had to change a heap there, paying full price for totally new cars is fine but not a fan of reworking/upgrades charging full also if you already own a similar one :S

9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Even if I do find the pricing for this pack fair, and think S3S are well worth the money for their excellent work.
    I do think they should have priced it a bit higher, say 1100 - 1200 and included a couple of tracks!

I think the car packs would sell even better if there where tracks included.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    well no rebates means i will probably only buy one car from the pack.
    There was a rebate for Dtm 2014 for 2013 owners.

Ill wait a bit a do some test drive and buy a car with a sweet livery and ill be satisfied i think. I am not a huge fan of Wtcc 2013.
    I agree with @heppsan the Pack should have come with tracks and rebate for people who already owns those track.
    I was actually waiting for Wtcc 2014 to come out to pick it up with the new track ( shangai, macau , and i was hoping Spa would be out by now )

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Ehm..don't know if it has changed during the evening but there is a discount (I own WTCC 2013) of 50% on my side (now 58% cause I bought the Civic plus one livery)...I'm not really into WTCC (unlike DTM 13/14/15 for example) except for MP battles they are great - so I'm a bit annoyed I bought WTCC 13 completely - as a result I just started with the 014 one I like best...

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    899 vrp for someone who purchase Wtcc2013
    Its the same for someone who didn't buy it.
    So there is no rebate for previous owner this rebate we are seeing is as a pack versus buying everything individually at full price.

13. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    If I log into my account the price is 899, if I don't, Joe Blow can buy it for 899 as well. So, taking that into play, it seems it is the same for anybody who wants to purchase it.

I want to make it clear this is not a BIG deal, just disappointed, and not sure if I will buy the whole pack, but lets be honest, I probably will. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you. I am also disappointed.
    But like i mentioned, Single car for me this time :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Four cars for $10. Seems like S3 could do more to entice people to buy these packs. Throw in the old WTCC. Throw in some tracks or maybe some credits towards a purchase of your choice.

Just seems like updates like this should have a little more meat on their bones.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Well ... Not that this is a fair representation in regards to quality, but i just bought a Dlc in Pcars for 3$ i got 5 cars.
    Now ... The cars are not a series or anything and i don't think there was much work in there as they feel like the rest in pcars. But this is something they need to consider, cause right now i am about to spend the same amount on a single car in R3e.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It's a bit difficult to compare the pack-price from pcars with one in R3E. The price for that pack in pCars is extremly low. I don't think that the price would be that low, when the Sales-Numbers were comparable to R3E or AC. With 1mio sold copys in mind - if only 10% of all pCars-owners would buy the pack, even that low price mean 299.000 bucks.
    It's hard for R3E and AC to reach those numbers. If they want to exist a bit longer they must look on the return of invest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Agreed its hard to compare. Because quality wise its a no contest. R3e economy is different than other games out there. So i am fine with paying for Wtcc. But again the thread is about the no rebate for previous Wtcc owners.
    I brought this up just to make a point about pricing.
    Not really a good comparison o_O

19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Speculate to accumulate.

20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I think a Frequent Buyers Club is a good idea. Heck, maybe even knock a percentage or so off if you preorder the content . Just trying to throw some ideas out there and see what sticks.

• Agree Agree x 2