Question Why there are no DTM 2014 cars through Dedicated Servers?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Yevgeny Lazorenko, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Hello there!

Probably it was asked somewhere in topics about Dedicated Servers or anywhere else in forum (was hard to find for me), but this question haunts me very well so I decided to pay a little bit more attention to this.

The situation is next.

We have different Experiences, such as ADAC 13, 14 and DTM 13, 14.
    These kind of additions have their own menus and multiplayer lobbies with their own servers which are dead for 24/7 for now. Obviously because everybody using classic raceroom menu where they can find and join multiclass room with ADAC 13, 14 cars but it doesn't work with DTM 14 cars. You can even find some Dedi servers with chosen DTM 14 Cars (only or with other classes) but you can't pick it up and race.

I own both experiences (ADAC 14 and DTM 14) I am very happy about ADAC but I am very sad about DTM 14, because I can't race Multiplayer with it. If I could imagine that is gonna be situation like that I'd never bought DTM 14 experience, I'd rather bought DTM 13 CAR PACK that works fine with multiclass Dedicated.

If you provoking your users to buy DTM 13 CAR PACK like that – so, this is very sad... Because I already invested in experiences and I was 100% sure that will work like ADAC 13, 14 does... So why it's not?

I don't have a big desire to spend another 1000 vRP for DTM 13 Car Pack knowing that I have a fresher DTM 14 cars in my garage which I can't use in Dedicated with other classes...

So, Sector 3, which solution will be set about this situation?

Please, allow DTM 14 XP owners to race Dedis like it's allowed with ADAC XPs.

Looking forward for the quick answer and actions.

Best regards, Yevgeny.

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Dtm 2014 is still an experience, once 2015 comes out it should work fine.

3. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Well mate, it doesn't sound like a reason for me, because as I posted earlier ADAC 14 is still the same experience, even DTM 13 is still an experience and they work fine through Dedicated Servers.

So why DTM 14 does not?

In my opinion DTM 14 at the moment makes no sense to buy. My main goal always was and will be online.

I am still looking forward for a clear explanation from Sector 3 officials.

4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Dtm 2013 became available within Raceroom main content once Dtm 2014 came out.
    Only then was Dtm 2013 available in multiplayer in raceroom. prior to that you had to select Dtm experience to get online racing. This is the same with Dtm 2014. Once 2015 comes out the 2014 experience will not be bound by the licensing agreement and 2014 will become available in the main game.

This was explained on many post before as there was confusion with it. If you search a bit you'll find some post about it.

Here this is from @Georg Ortner ( this also applies to multiplayer )
    You can do Single Player within the DTM Experience 2014.
    It is part of the Deal with DTM that their cars are available exclusively in the DTM EXperience.
    But they will become available in the RR Experience at some point in the future, just like it happened with the 2013 cars.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/usage-of-dtm-in-singleplayer.1493/#post-15477

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  5. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the explanation!

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    But DTM 2014 doesn't work with dedicated servers at all. If you use the DTM cars and DTM rules on a DTM track your server can't be seen in the dtm 2014 experience tab or the raceroom tab. Is that also down to the licence stuff?

7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Currently as far as I understand dedicated server are part of the main experience only.
    Can you see a dedicated server running Dtm 2013 within the Dtm 2013 experience?

The reason that it's part of the options of available content in the tool is only to make it future proof as it will eventually become available. Same goes for tracks ( Macau / Shanghai ) that are not yet sold and are still showing in the list in the Dedicated tool.

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    To Clarify, a DTM 2014 server shows in the raceroom tab, not the DTM 2014 tab, and it can't be joined.

I understand what you're saying, but find it odd and disappointing that I have to wait till my content is out of date before I can actually use it properly online.

It looks like a bug to me - any comments from the devs on this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I understand what your saying as well. But picking the content that is not yet available will not work. That includes the track. Read through the patch release thread I think I saw someone mentioning the same as you did.
    But I'm only sharing what I know and understand. I am by no means talking for the dev here :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Cool, I missed that but I think it does answer my question :)

12. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the link guys, I missed that too!

13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0