Why we need actual course cutting penalties - especially on ranked servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ndwthx1138, Apr 15, 2020.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello all! This looks like an interesting find and we're definitely willing to improve.

In order to fully understand the circumstances, can I ask for some more information
    - Which track layout was this noticed on?
    - Which car class was it?
    - Was it on one of our ranked server, if so which one? Then I can find some logs.

About AI specific issues later mentioned in the thread, this might be an easy fix for us if the AI's is indeed seen going outside of the track limits, but sounds unrelated to the OP issue.

2. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    If detailed explanations are not sufficient perhaps a better way of capturing the incident (in game) and communicating it to the development team (in game) would be in order.

3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what's going on as I haven't read everything, but you can send us your replay file or game.log files and we can see what's up.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    yes like the video of the race if that person had them on at the time ;
    which is why i asked for it

Andi

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    If we wanna get into the details the post you quoted doesnt have a single "agree" rating so who are these people youre addressing? ;)
    On a slightly more serious note im well aware of what both you and @higsy wrote. I just wouldnt consider a corner for which you brake almost 100 metres and drop down a couple gears to be nearly flat. Id consider a corner to be nearly flat when you only have to lift a little like the kink after the carousel or the penultimate corner would be for some cars on road america.

6. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate the response. Please direct me, and others, if a thread is available for properly capturing files as well as a format that would be best suited to communicate to the team with issues of concern. For example replay and game log file location, how to adequately identify where in the video the concern can be observed. What is needed in details as to track, turn, number of opponent, car class, difficult levels, aids, AI or MP, hardware used.
    I understand the frustration on @Andi Goodwin and the testers with the constant one liners as I hate this or that. And my apologies for sniping about the video consumption, that was not necessary. But please understand that the majority of reports are not to complain but more to help drive R3E to be the best it can be.

7. ducman888

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the correction as I presumed they agreed when they rated it as a WINNER or FUNNY.
    Now we are going to debate throttle position and 'nearly'? I give up

8. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    We do have track cut penalties, so I donĀ“t understand: what is the issue?

9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    When i find something funny that doesnt automatically mean i agree with it. Cant speak for andi
    If you said 60% throttle is nearly flat and i said 80% throttle id understand you giving up ;). But to me the difference between a little lift and braking for a couple seconds and shifting down twice while doing so is a bit too big to just ignore

10. flowaangelz

flowaangelz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    I can confirm that.
    I'm racing only free MP content atm (silhouettes lobbies on Sepang, Portimao and Raceway), and rarely see valid lap times from most of the racers (myself also). There are races when almost everybody has all their laps invalidated.
    On all those tracks its very easy to catch a penalty.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I would prefer for every invaildated lap a time penalty of some kind.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      155.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      155.3 KB
      Views:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  11. flowaangelz

flowaangelz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    THIS.
    +1

It should be for example changed to max 1 incident per lap/or how many laps/minutes long the race is, that many incidends are allowed.

• Like Like x 1