Will There Be a Summer 2021 Sale This Year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by weikaitsai, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    'cries into steam wallet' i've been waiting all year for a decent sale so i can buy the premium pack (minus the stuff i have). :(:(:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I am interested in premium pack too, but will wait for a discount... me and more 4 or 5 simracing friends! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    where is the summer sale ?

4. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    There are huge discounts when buying "Packs" in the RaceRoom store. Even more when using VRP.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Not SALES -((( Apparently, it is not fate to spend money here, I will going to the DCS -(

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    A summer sale would have obviously been appreciated. The game is addictive on my end after recent updates but I am starving for new content and want to invest more on your product. I have no problem with how content is priced just that my currency sucks and a sale would be helpful.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    True but we have got used to short term promos with even better discounts. Remember that those of us who bought packs in the past still have to pay top dollar for all new content released afterwards so it´s logical we look forward to sale time othwerwise it is an expensive hobby at 4-5 euros a time for every new item.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Can we at least get official response on this. We kindly ask if there will be a late summer sale or not. This is the last week of summer sales and I have been waiting on RaceRoom because its top priority for me. But I also do not wish to miss out on other items out there, kind regards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. _mx_mx_mx_

_mx_mx_mx_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    RR behaves very incorrectly (sale or not ?) in relation to us

10. weikaitsai

weikaitsai New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, just an announcement that can be done in a sentence. I dont understand what is the hold up here

11. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I think it is economic reasons: the moment you announce a sale, full-price selling stops quite naturally. So this you will want to avoid. So I guess there will be a sale, because to "admit" that there will no sale will not have any economic consequences.

12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Not entirely true as people who play multiple games and are receptive to promotions would then likely spend their money on stuff on sale in other games this week.

AMS2 season pass 20% off and game at 50% off cost about the same as RRE premium pack but do see you through to 2022 with guaranteed new content, for instance.

Of course there is no obligation to have a sale at all but as I mentioned before, it is a an appreciated gesture by people who already supported the game by buying the premium pack and now have to buy new cars and tracks one by one or car packs.

Since the last big sale on BF, new content would be ADAC20, Astra TCR, WTCR 2020 pack and 3 new tracks. Even taking into account some discounts due to having ADAC 18 or WTCR19 content that´s still a hefty amount of coin.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  13. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'll throw my opinion in here just for awareness. I'm also waiting for a sale, and will buy premium as soon as one happens.

I won't buy at full price, so I'll either get premium on sale this year, or I'll likely get bored and find something else to play. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy the limited content I already own for now.

Those who defend the lack of sale by pointing out the savings via the store and Vrp are slightly missing the point. That is a standard purchase option, open to us all, 100% of the time - As a business, they get a similar amount whether you buy at full price on Steam, or 'discounted' via Vrp. This is not a sale...

In my opinion, the whole payment setup probably puts off many people and is a contributor to the limited exposure of the game. While I understand the desire to bypass Steam's cut, the Vrp method outside of Steam feels a little uncomfortable. Not to mention the Steam page's lack of any real detail about the great content available in the game.
    Case in point, AMS 2 is on sale right now, and even on sale is more expensive for the season pass than premium is in RRRE, and yet, people will lap it up as it's a safe, secure and visible place to buy. Such a shame as RRRE is great, and so many are probably missing out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Depends - the season pass is valid through to 2022 whereas premium pack stops the day you buy it. Reiza have aready hinted at future content and are quite good at keeping promises so if you factor in the cost of expected 2021 and 2022 content to RRE then the price goes up a lot. On the other hand, if you buy the big VRP pack then you have credit to set towards a few future add ons but certainly not all the content Reiza will offer.

Every game has it´s own pricing model so comparing is hard but there is only one racing game that didn´t do a summer sale and it´s this one. It won´t happen now as it would look bad so as you say, people will take their decisions and do what they want with their money, especially if they have steam wallet money and not VRP.

15. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Your comparison is strange to me. Why do you only look at future content and don't compare the content these games already have? R3E has much more. And probably will still have more than AMS2 with all its future DLCs.

Season pass is not an advantage, more like the opposite: it's the content you don't have even though you already spent your money on it.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    If I buy both options today, RRE of course gives me more to play with but then I will have to pay again for the AMG GT4, drift cars, WTCC 2021 and 2022, ADAC 21 and 2022 and whatever more is coming when released whereas with AMS2 I am covered, like an insurance policy for 2 years. Of course we have to trust the game will be around in 2 years but then the same could be said for RRE - there are no guarantees for either.

RRE has had 7 years to build content, whereas in this case AMS2 has only been out for a year. AMS2 is still adding DLC and free content to its game like the BMW GT4 and 1974 911 RSR plus you can drive tracks you don´t own in multiplayer - if you find other players that is.

I was being kind to RRE by comparing the Premium pack with other base games plus DLC. If we reverse the comparison and compare other base games and buy individual content to match them in RRE then there is a huge price difference. AMS2, AC ultimate and RF2 can all be got for less than 18 euros. That will only get you F2p stuff plus starter pack plus 2 cars in RRE.

Since I am open minded, let´s look at current content then and make the comparison with PC2 Deluxe for 15 euros. You get the same number of cars and tracks as RRE premium plus custom liveries and dynamic weather and the game is not being developed any more so no one can complain about changes to FFB or other stuff. What you get when you pay is what you will always have so no surprises. Obviously that game has many shortcomings but it´s an example of opportunity cost.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Still sounds like a pretty arbitrary choice of what to compare with what. It only makes sense when your goal is "I want to have the newest game with all the content it has to offer". Then yes, AMS2 wins. It would probably have less content than R3E, and it will have a very different set of tracks and cars, but it will be newer.

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I don´t think there will ever be a fair way to compare different business models with different game content and games at different stages of their lifecycle. To my mind RF2 is terrible value but what saves it is the modding. ACC doesn´t even have that but you get all the official GT3 cars and tracks, which no other game provides as own content.

RRE is always the best value as a F2P game - nobody else offers a fully functional game for free. Iracing would vomit at the idea.
    It is good value at premium level too for people who want absolutely everything as a snapshot at a given time.

Where it falls down is anywhere between these 2 extremes for buyers who don´t need or want 20 plus GT3 cars most of which they will never use, for instance.

The Pro pack is a decoy option as it does not offer 5 times the content of the starter pack nor even half the content of the Premium pack and is more expensive than any other base game at normal RRP never mind during the sales. Neither do you get the latest GT3s, TCRs or DTMs.

The new track packs were a nice step to offering mid range buyers just circuits but you are still spending more than 30 euros to have a comparable track roster to the other games and you´ll be short on cars so....

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  19. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    A lot of the problems would be remediated by the complete overhaul of the Pro pack imho. Currently the best way is to go from starter pack to premium pack. I think having pro pack at similar discount level as starter/premium while offering attractive content from popular classes and some good tracks would be a decent way to smooth out the potential purchase progression.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I do not know but maybe our summer sale gift was the recent ffb update. I still think a late 2-3day sale will not look bad on their part. Considering many people came back to play the game and new users gave it a try. In ranked one needs to have car/track combo to participate given the way this game is structed. Beats me why we have no sale. Feels like a missed opportunity.