Released WTCC 2014 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Actually we have 17 cars in the pack. ;)

There are only the TC1 cars in the pack.

Theoretically there were 31 drivers altogether in the 2014 championship. The TC2 cars are not included in the pack because they didn't play any noteworthy role in the championship anyway. Still there were 18 drivers in TC1, but Pepe Oriola is missing in the pack, probably because he attended only one race (Macau) in which he didn't even start. If I remember correctly he wrecked his car in one of the practice sessions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    To be precise Oriola raced in Borkovic car for Macau.Btw consider adding the 2 Englster skins and the Leon one for John Filippi to complete the season carset.

3. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I did a quick search but I don't think anyone else mentioned this: do the WTCC 14 cars have a new tyre wear model? In any case it's amazing. I know the real world ones are very demanding on (front) tyres, but I think this is the only class where I actually get to the red in a 15 min race! I guess it could be just me being aggressive, but considering my general speed, I find it unlikely. In any case, I love it, though I'm not sure the AI suffers from the same tyre wear that I do: while I start with fast times at 105% difficulty, over the course of the race the AI maintains their times while I get progressively slower and loose a lot of grip. I don't think I ever saw them struggling for grip at the end of the race, but it could just be that they're much better at tyre management than I am. Well, in any case, I've noticed this, and I just wanted to show my appreciation for it: loving this added bit of realism!

4. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I was having the same problem with you at the beginning but I applied a little trick in break bias and neuter the time loss.Progressively you start moving brake power from the front to the back i.e if you start with 65-35 f-r you finish with 55-45 or anything that suits you.Feel free to try it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
  6. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Guys, is there any performance difference between the WTCC 2014 cars in the game?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    There definitely used to be, not sure if this is still the case after the last update, can't remember if they received an update to bring them in line with the WTCC '15 physics or not, will try and find out though.

WTCC '15 are definitely much more balanced though. @Ryan Callan probably remembers me whining and moaning about the 2014 cars balance at the start of last years TC-One championship, not the case with the 2015 cars, much happier this time around :)

Edit:
    Spoke to @Hannes Wallstedt, the WTCC '14s weren't updated this time around but it is planned. Can't say for when though I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  10. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the answer guys! :)

11. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I found WTCC 2014 much quicker than 2015. They are easier to drive, have better grip etc. I was able to beat my WTCC 2015 best time on Nordschleife with 2014 Honda on 1st attempt and did it about 12 seconds faster. And its not caused by me. I can drive quite constant times on Nords. Is it due to physics is more realistic on 2015? Because power, weight etc seems same from car specs if I compare both.