WTCC sequential shifting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2Air, Jun 11, 2015.

1. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    If I use my sequential flaps on my wheel, I turn on autoclutch.

2. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Sure I can. My best guess is that the gearbox will damage until it breaks which isn't really solving the issue. The issue is that your at a disadvantage if you use a clutch pedal not that damage is turned off.

Will fully test all options and get back soon.

3. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I believe that if you turn damage on and have autoclutch on (for example beause you only have 2 pedals like me) you dont have an advantage/are faster over those using a clutch.. This is in the older cars to be clear.. Not wtcc..

4. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    This is right on the money.
    I'll add that in 2015,any serious racing game "shouldn't" do that, it "has" to do that.
    Especially when you're buying for real money each and every car - mind you, I got nothing against the business model. But the game HAVE to deliver then in this area. This is no mods we are talking about.

PS; Thanls to the last update, we can now switch auto-clutch on/off from the racing menus, instead of having to go back all the way back from the main option menu (and inherent loading times) if you forgot to switch it before hand.
    It's only a band-aid, but a nice band-aid nonetheless

• Like Like x 1
  5. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I'm going on to have problems with broken gear, so let's see if I have understood the problem: atm gear damage doesn't work well yet, so if I use manual clutch I must press it also in those cars where it is not necessary IRL, for example sequential gear with autocutoff and autoblip.
    is it correct?

6. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the game doesn't handle clutch on per-car basis.
    But you can always switch to auto-clucth (it will also enable auto-blip and throttle cut) for cars that have it IRL. And since the last patch, you can do that from the "in-race" option menu

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    thank you

8. 2Air

2Air New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well it's sorted then!
    wtcc 2014 sequential shifting with auto-clutch, except for the start.
    Still trying that last bit out though. I qualied second yesterday in multiplayer and everyone got of the line perfect, but me.
    I wheelspin and drop to tenth...

• Funny Funny x 1