WTCC tires

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pargiNOS, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    this is what happening
    the tyres can do the stint no problem ,
    and there was a change in the physics in the january patch that i believe is effecting this
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/page-3#post-101982

with the important line being
    "Punctures : occurrence of tire punctures are now tied to wheel rotation speed rather than vehicle speed."

so now when the tyres are at the end of there lives if your trying to keep up the lap speed ( at this time you should be 1 to 2 seconds off your best pace due to wear) then you will be spinning much more to create a semblance of your original speed thus creating lots more chance of punctures , you need to adjust your style early on in the session , to not be in the puncture zone , thus not over pushing ;spinning wheels

this is my opinion , i need to get confirmation from devs , but i really changed my style in these cars to keep the grip longer and having the option near the end to push

i dont mind if you disagree but i believe this is why its happening

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Andi its not about agree or disagree, i just wondering if something changed and i dont know it.

I guess you are right, that seems to be what created the change.
    Now i have to adopt my driving style.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1