Released Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    grmpf...275 km/h on a long straight...with working on the setup max 277 just before the end of the straight at Paul Ricard.

Well I was thinking about leaving the car and pushing it to helping speeding up. What a desaster. Could it be that every other car is faster ? I checked the video files after 3 SRS races yesterday. I could not find one single other car beeing not faster than the Corvette. Buahhh...or grmpf x 10 ! :mad:;):D

And the lack of grip at the start is destroying me and my achievments during quali. Pole (which I could set in my first race) means max position 4 after the start. This is ending up in problems cause slower drivers can catch me before the first chicane for ex which I could do much faster. Problems problems problems...like in the most relationships :D:D:D...

BUT...I will have a talk with the parents of this beauty...I will pay Mr & Mrs Callaway a visit today as they are just 25 min away from my home. Just thinking about how to fire up the conversation..."hey your car is a piece of ... on straights" could be it :D:D:D

2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Are you absolutely sure that it's slowest one of the GTR3's?

3. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Before the last BoP i was faster with the C7 now i am faster with the old CORVETTE Z06.R GT3
    A lot of guys in the GT3 League are disappointed, they made here choice for the C7 and now they are driving in the back of the Racing field.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ karting....No I am not because it isn`t. I think it is with some other ones the "slowest". We are talking about 1-8 km/h.

Most cars seem to have the same top speed (as far as I figured out and I am not a superb driver, just average). On the long straights on Bathurst or Paul Ricard it is about 275-277 km/h. The NISSAN can do 280 and the Mustang 283 !!!

The real problem is not the BOP. It is just the matter of fact that this Porsche is an awesome car you are not able to compete with the same skills. But to be honest I bow my head to everyone having this incredible speed with the Porsche. First of all you need to be able to handle this kinda behaviour of a car. I can not do so...

And in RL the Porsche seems to be an outstanding car.

But you know...we all fall in love and do not know why...for the Corvette it is not the speed and starting grip...this is I know at least. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
  5. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well so am I.

I was thinking about this. As the C7R is still the Z06 just with new saftey systems and new carbon outfit (what is the word for "Verkleidung" ?) there still needs to be something making this new version better. As hard as I try I can not find it. But I will stay with this car until death do us part ;)

6. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    In fact, you are in love, @Stef van Remy ?
    But, it's strange. I thought that before latest BOP, Z06 was the fastest (way too fast) compared to the rest?

7. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Bodywork!

8. Andy81

Andy81 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I really like the looks, sound and handling of the C7 but top speed is really sad since it already struggles to hit 277 on Paul Ricard while the Porsche blasts along with an easy 283 scratching on 284.

While the BOP generally seems very good with cars being quite close together, i think the Porsche is a little bit over the top and the C7 needs some more bald eagles to do it for dale. :D

9. César "Kuma" Contreras

César "Kuma" Contreras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But what the fuck are you doing? We already complained that in the previous bop you had fucked the callaway, and now, instead of equaling them, you boosted more the 911, which had already been among the best, WITH ALL OF THOSE I HAVE SPOKEN TO ME. Why are you doing this? Do not you understand that there are people who take it seriously and WHAT YOU DO FORWARD US BECAUSE WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CHAMPIONSHIP? You have me up to the cock, as you continue like this I go to another simulator. Capullos

Pero que mierda estais haciendo? Ya nos quejamos de que en el anterior bop habias jodido al callaway, y ahora, en lugar de igualarlos potenciais más el 911, el cual ya venia siendo de los mejores, CON TODOS CON LOS QUE HE HABLADO ME HAN DICHO LO MISMO. Porque mierdas haceis esto? No entendeis que hay gente que se lo toma enserio y QUE NOS JODEIS PORQUE ESTAMOS EN MEDIO DE UN CAMPEONATO? Me teneis hasta la polla, como sigais asi me largo a otro simulador. Capullos.

• Dislike Dislike x 9
  10. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    In fact, the Callaway isn't that slow.
    If you test top speed (Nordschleife long straight in reverse), default setup 281. If you use wing 0 and fuel on 9l, you go up to 283. The Z06 does exactly the same.

And there was no BOP in the last patch (March update).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I did some speed tests in Magny-Cours, all cars were driven with standard setup and automatic gearshift. The start took place flying with full throttle and activated limiter, these are the results.

Chevrolet Camaro 278 km/h
    BMW M6 275 km/h
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06 273 km/h
    Mercedes-Benz AMG (new) 273 km/h
    Porsche 911 272 km/h
    Callaway Corvette C7 271 km/h
    Bentley Continental 269 km/h
    Mc Laren 650 S 267 km/h
    Audi R8 LMS (new) 265 km/h

A Video of this test will follow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The point is some cars are better on straights some better on corners ?
    no two cars are the same even same make and model

14. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully soon rather than later :eek:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. César "Kuma" Contreras

César "Kuma" Contreras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no se trata de x kms de velocidad máxima, se trata de que en enero, un porsche era más rapido en curva, pero en recta el call lo igualaba, ahora esos pocos kms de velocidad punta se ven insignificantes, teniendo en cuenta el paso por curva.
    Quizas anoche me encendí demasiado, pero estan jodiendo a aquellos que corremos campeonatos y amamos esta mierda.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Could you speak in English please?

And N O T H I N G changed since 31 January 2018 for the BoP. The Porsche isn't faster or slower, it's the same since 31 January 2018.

EDIT: There was a mistake with the Porsche, in last update.
    See this: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-r.9920/page-15#post-146866

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  17. Andy81

Andy81 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That's true but on the same straight the Porsche does 292 and the GT-R 288. I think the GT-R is considered a fast in a straight line car and the Porsche goes even faster while the C7 is still slow in some sense?

Not complaining because i think cars are still very close in terms of BOP and the C7 might have a faster 100-200 time or something like that which is hard to measure. It's not really competitive to a Porsche on any track though which is a bit of a downside. :)

@César "Kuma" Contreras
    That's how i imagine Alonso talking to the Mclaren crew. :D

18. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, it depends :p
    281 for the Porsche default setup.
    292 indeed with 0 wing (Porsche).
    GT-R, I didn't try it.
    There is a small difference for the C7. 283 with 0 wing, 281 default.

Btw, I only test top speed at Nordschleife but in reverse (because it's the longest straight and not completely uphill).

19. Andy81

Andy81 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes i just did the same and drove the cars with 14l of fuel up the straight in reverse. While the discussion about top speeds is interesting, the real problem might be the Porsche being too good in just about every aspect of the game. I don't like how it drives and don't feel like i'm doing a good job in the Porsche. Still i can beat most of my C7 or GT-R times easily without any effort no matter if it's a track with long straights or tight turns.

Don't mean to bash the Porsche though, it's tough to drive that consistent in a race (at least for me) but still easy to drive fast for a lap.

20. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Did you drive a complete lap in reverse? It's fun, but difficult lol :)

Top speed isn't everything. There aren't a lot of tracks where you can reach the top speed.
    You just need to practice for the Porsche. I really hate some GTR3 cars and can't do a race in it.

• Agree Agree x 1