Released Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I love this beast so much! Great fun to drive it, especially on tricky track like Zandvoort and Imola!

Thanks a lot guys :) ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    My new slot car......
    26025840_10155881826999840_6388103858569682702_o.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. DomiGruen

DomiGruen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

what a great car. It's my new favorite in the GT3 class. Thank you very much for many hours great racing fun.

Is it just me or are there other people who really struggle to get a good start when doing a standing start at the beginning of a race? In multiplayer races, I always lose some positions at the start and other people seem also to get away very slowly. That's a pity, especially if you have the pole...

Best regards,
    Dominik

4. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    It's difficult (to impossible) to make decent starts with cars having autoclutch (in my opinion).
    So, it's not only you ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DomiGruen

DomiGruen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

good to hear. But my feeling is that it is harder with the Corvette C7 GTR3 than with the other GT3 cars.

Best regards,
    Dominik

6. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hi Dominik,

I don't really know, I didn't make a practice start with all cars. But I think that there are pretty similar in that regard.
    You have more wheelspin or there is a longer lag between giving gas & getting off the line?

• Like Like x 1
  7. DomiGruen

DomiGruen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

it's a longer lag and less acceleration. In multiplayer races, I lose 2 or 3 positions to other cars at the start. Other Corvette drivers have the same issue.

With my last favorite, the old Audi R8 LMS Ultra, I was a really fast starter.

I tried starting with neutral gear and engaging first gear when lights go green (with nearly full rev) and also to manually enable the clutch and release it when lights go green.

I am faster at the start with the other GT3s. Maybe there is something special with the Corvette that I haven't figured out yet

8. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Do you have all newly released GTR3?
    If yes, does it also happen with the other new cars?
    (I can't try it before next year, that's why I ask it ;) )

• Like Like x 1
  9. DomiGruen

DomiGruen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

thanks a lot for your help. Yes, I have all new GT3s and feel that the Corvette is the worst starter of them all.

Maybe I am doing something wrong... :) Or maybe it's the car.

Perhaps it's made for rolling starts but in multiplayer you just have standing starts so it's a real problem for me.

Best regards,
    Dominik

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    There are no false starts in multiplayer races, you can directly put in 1st gear when on the grid.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DomiGruen

DomiGruen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Wow, great to hear that :) I guess I made things more complicated than they are. If remember correctly, there have been false starts in multiplayer in the past...

Thanks anyway. I'll try this in my next multiplayer race.

Best regards,
    Dominik

12. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You can also try to modulate the throttle a bit (which sounds easy to do ^^)

• Like Like x 1
  13. DomiGruen

DomiGruen Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

thank you. The hint that there is no early start in multiplayer and that you can start in the first gear was great and works for me.

But against the AI, I still have the feeling that the C7 is a slow starter in standing starts.

Best regards,
    Dominik

• Like Like x 1
  14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +593 / 0 / -0
    I just floor throttle in neutral and when lights go green I engage 1st gear. Then I modulate the gas to avoid too much wheelspin. This gives somehow very decent starts. But I would prefer no auto-clutch :-(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PE4

PE4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I'd like more liveries for this car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It would be very nice to have more liveries. But I think these are all the real world liveries available. So more liveries would mean fantasy liveries (which I wouldn’t mind personally). I think S3S isn’t allowed to use Corvette C7R Le Mans and WeatherTech SportsCar Championship liveries. Which makes sense imho because they are different build cars. Though the Le Mans will be accordin WEC regulations and the WeatherTech series I don’t know what the exact (if there are real) differences are (except the Callaway is for certain GT3 spec and build by Callaway and the C7.R is build by Pratt & Miller).

Oh, and side note... Road America and the bridge between 3th corner and Moraine Sweep. Dat sound under the bridge with the Callaway!!! :hearteyes:

17. Nemesis2805

Nemesis2805 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    One real life liverey is current missing for this Car.
    The Whelen Corvette was raced on VLN 4 in 2016

Callaway Competition will start this year with 2 cars in the Pirelli World Challange,
    maybe we get this 2 liveries?! (but please with the right Corvette Logo ;))

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I would rather like an option to only drive against the beautiful new cars with real world liveries instead of the hoards of Mustangs, Ford GTs and P4-5s,... with their fictional liveries...

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  20. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I bought this car in honor of two Callaway Corvettes being entered in the Pirelli World Challenge series for 2018. I am not sure what liveries the cars will run in the US but there might be an opportunity to have a couple new liveries added in R3E for those cars.

The car is a joy to drive at Laguna Seca and my own home track of Mid-Ohio where I have done real life laps.

• Like Like x 4