Released PORSCHE 911 GT3 R

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 19, 2017.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    To be clear now, there is no bug here.

While you may be fastest in this car, I might not be, and an alien may be fastest in some totally random car. Everyone has a different 'fastest' car. The Porsche however, is easier to drive than some of the other cars, which may give some people the perception it is the overall fastest car by a mile.

For instance, some people may say the braking is better in the 911 compared to other GT3 cars. However, the actual brake force is less than some other cars. The reason it brakes well, is because the weight of the car is highly distributed to the rear, and this allows more weight to be on the rear brakes which can then handle more of the workload compared to some front engine cars which go rather light on the rear end when you brake hard.

BOP is one of those age old racing discussions that can go on endlessly because you will never please everyone :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. César "Kuma" Contreras

César "Kuma" Contreras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Alright, then I repeat, why the bop now? After months having taken out the cars, that shows how little customers are taken into account (I have 99% of the content). And no perception, everyone who has 911 after this bop has lowered a lot of time, colleagues who use it corroborate it, another thing that shows your ignorance. If you are a person that works for or in raceroom let me know, it is good to know if you are any ignorant or ignorant of r3. And as I said in some other comment, I love r3, but I seem to have very little regard for your "faithful" make these changes after so much time.

Muy bien, entonces repito, porque el bop ahora? Despues de meses habiendo sacado los coches, eso demuestra lo poco que se tiene en cuenta a los clientes (yo tengo el 99% del contenido).
    Y nada de percepcion, todo aquel que lleva 911 despues de este bop ha bajado muchísimo el tiempo, compañeros que lo usan lo corroboran, otra cosa que demuestra tu ignorancia.
    Si eres una persona que trabaja para o en raceroom hazmelo saber, esta bien saber si eres un ignorante cualquiera o un ignorante de r3.
    Y cómo he dicho en algún otro comentario, me encanta r3, pero me parece tener muy poca consideración hacia tus "fieles " hacer estos cambios después de tanto tiempo

P.D. Chupame el huevo izquiero natillas

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If this discussion is supposed to yield any useful outcome I'd suggest being more specific. Just saying I dislike this and everyone I know agrees doesn't have much substance. Which track(s) are you talking about, f.e. ? What times did you achieve on those tracks in each individual car in the class? What was the test method, i.e. how many consecutive laps in each car were done and how many repetition cycles?

One thing you have to accept is that the cars are supposed to differ, otherwise there'd be no point in having several cars in the first place. So when a class as big as the GTR3 class is being BOP'ed, it is done across the board. Naturally, as different tracks favour different characteristics, some cars will dominate on certain tracks, but they will also be left at a disadvantage at certain other tracks. That's just the way it is, in RR just like in real life. What actually matters is "are the cars competitive when comparing their averages across all available tracks?"

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    The most important question is:
    Why is this insolent kid still not banned?

@Christian Göpfert And Christian, why do you keep talking with him as if it was nothing??? :confused: The whole Forum lose credibility!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The biggest question for me is - was there even a change in BoP of the GT3-cars with the last update?! I haven‘t read about it in the change-log.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    There was no change in BoP in March update (last update).

EDIT: Except mistake for Porsche, see Alex's answer below.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @DaniloE31 Well, in general I am (we are) trying to reason with everybody, because we stand behind what we do and believe we have justifiable reasons for it (most of the time at least ;) ). And my comment was more intended as a general hint, especially when it comes to BOP "discussions". We're trying to be as scientific and considerate about this as we can, so when somebody questions that, they should have something to come up with, something that isn't just subjective feelings.
    This is not meant in an uppity fashion because we know we aren't infallible either, so when there really is sth going wrong, we are glad if you guys point it out to us. But, as I said above, that needs to be substantiated by something (usually screenshots or lap times), otherwise there's no way for us to track down the potential issue.

And you know that we're very reluctantly using the ban hammer, because we know people are people. And sometimes, when in an emotionally turbulent state (see my sig ^^), they can go to extremes without actually meaning harm. But of course we're keeping (trying to) an eye on such comments and when necessary take appropriate measures (which doesn't always mean banning straight away).
    And as Nate wasn't offended by being called an ignorant, we didn't want to blow the whole thing up more than it deserved.

About your quote: I wasn't even aware that it was sth really bad, mostly because, to my shame, my Spanish is more than rusty and Google came up with this translation:
    Unbenannt.JPG

However, thank you for pointing this out. When there's stuff like this going down, feel free to notify me or Kitsune and we'll look into it because, as you 100% rightfully say, we don't want that kind of behaviour around here and we won't tollerate it.

Best regards

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  8. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Please S3 can you make sure you check that Mr Angry is not in an important race or championsip before you make future changes, i would hate to see him desert raceroom for another sim that only updates things in everyones off season.:)

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im offended that you think Im not offended! :D

This is pretty well said though.

Feedback is always taken into account.... Except some with a larger grain of salt than other. It's tough to take a statement such as, 'this car is too slow!' too seriously, when there are any number of factors as to why someone could feel that way.

Beyond that, BOP isnt just something that you do lightly. These cars have been tested thoroughly over a large number of tracks to get a good average between them. It's never going to be perfect of course, but it's also tough to make changes based on someone saying they only tested 1 or 2 cars on a single track. Just remember, there are 19 GT3 cars, and 40+ tracks... :p

Well... Open to all except those bot-spammers that post certain enhancement ads on here which we thankfully seem to not get anymore :D

I have a feeling @Christian Göpfert had his account set up to notify him when a new account made a post on here... Im sure it was pretty tiring being woken up all throughout the day with the amount of spam we used to get :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Carstenh

Carstenh New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The Porsche has definetly been updated in last patch. Its now ca. 3-4 km/h quicker on Kesselchen and Döttinger Höhe at the Nordschleife.

Concerning BOP:
    Installing BOP in R3E has opened Box of Pandora. Whenever one car is balanced the one or the other way, someone will be disappointed:
    If your car becomes slower, its you.
    If your car becomes faster, its your opponent driving one of the other - in comparison now slower - car.

The problem about it is, that always one paying customer will not be amused. Kind of dilemma !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 0 / -0
    The performance update for the Porsche was not intentional. It will be reversed again for sure.

12. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,947 / 0 / -0
    Very sorry to everyone (except for those driving the Porsche today and winning races, you're welcome) the Porsche GT3R received an entirely accidental power boost with the last patch. It's been rectified internally and hopefully will be distributed in a hot fix to everyone before long.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    BoP is nothing new in R3E. It's there since the beginning of the game.
    Now as the Physics of the GT3-Class has changed in R3E, the BoP needed a rework to balance the field again. It is IMHO quite good already (except the Porsche-Bug now). maybe some little tweaks here and there and it will be perfect.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Reti

Reti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I just wanna say...

HELL YWAHHHH.

love this car in my garage ;) jk

15. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    sooo ... the free weekend test is over ... I drove all new GT3 cars but in the cockpit view of the Porsche GT3 I noticed a massive helm movement :eek:. Is that normal o_Oo_Oo_O? Seems like the seat bolts are not tightened enough :D! (I always set the movement to 100%). The shaking is slightly exaggerated and looks very strange in comparison to the other GT3 cars. Pls fixed guys ...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  16. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    @Patrick Schilhan Hi! have you got a short video of what it is doing? And just wondering were you in 32 or 64 bit version of the game. And track you were driving on. Thanks!

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    While your fixing the 911 can you please remove the 4 passengers and luggage that are obviously hold up in the M6, this car now sucks bigtime!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    ok ... will create two short videos at the weekend ...