Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Regarding gearbox damage, with the current damage model there's not much scope for a warning when you do a bit of damage. When you abuse it, the 'box has no damage at all for a while then over a lap or so the damage suddenly increases. I did look at doing a "easy on the gearbox" warning in Crew Chief but it wouldn't really work.

I too would like a formation lap, but even in iracing these frequently turned into wreck-fests online. Shame cos warming tyres and brakes and generally getting you and the car ready for the start really (*really*) ramps up the tension and excitement

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    One thing I would like to see is the ability to drive a season as that driver (instead of replacing them with your name). I'm playing through a DTM 14 Championship and would love to have "Bruno Spengler" instead of "me".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yes!

I'm pleased you mentioned this as it's something I've requested a couple of times before now. A simple option to race either as 'me' or as the real world driver would be greatly appreciated as it's something I would use for offline races and championships. I appreciate these days it's all about putting yourself in the game but some of us like the old approach of pretending to be a famous driver and putting yourself in their shoes! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd say it's probably too late for this years ADAC and DTM, but I'd love to see it for next year. Either let us play as the individual driver or give us a spare generic car for each of the makes and let us be the last driver, where that way we can race against all the drivers in the series and not take the place of one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Or, let us design our own liveries...? Yeah, I have to harp about this periodically - twice today, but it's for a good cause. Mine. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Maybe an option to disable collisions/damage during the warm up lap could help alleviate this issue? The cars would ghost if any contact was made while swerving to warm up tires. Then maybe an onscreen warning at the penultimate turn telling everyone to get in line/position because the race is about to start, at which point colissions/damage is re-enabled.

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Or simply ghost all cars permanent during that lap... but for sure - the game-mechanic in detail isn't really easy...

8. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Well, I was thinking the grid would look a bit lame if all the cars were ghosted during the warm up lap. I'm sure those who broadcast their races would prefer not to have a parade of ghost cars to start their broadcast, but having them momentarily ghost in the case of a collision isn't as offensive to the eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Backmarker

Backmarker Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Wow! 33 pages! looks like I'm late to the party. apologies for redundant game requests.

items i really really really want to see in this game

1. Option to calibrate wheel and pedals

2. Options to edit AI settings (strength, aggresiveness, even better if we can edit settings like in rf2 for AI braking, edge grip, etc.)

3. Allow players to have full control of cars in pit lanes (at least in single player)

4. Allow player to set weather and temperature

5. Allow player to set laps or time for any races

6. Allow player to move/adjust any HUD overlays

• Like Like x 4
  10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Still really need that AI car model and livery selector.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    so while watching the races at the gold coast this weekend i was interested to learn how cut track penaltys work.
    their are three situations that you can be handed a pitlane/ pitstop extension:
    1. you cut a corner and overtake another car.
    2. you cut a corner and have gained time vs the cars ahead/behind by the next sector split.
    3. you repeatedly cut the corner.

i think #2 would be interesting for raceroom

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  12. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if its been mentioned before, but customizable HUD overlay would be more than a welcome addition. That would mean that you could place HUD information screens and car information where you'd like to on an invisibile overlay grid. This is especially handy for triple monitor users using bezel correction. As it is, if you want to use some info screens, part of them are behind the bezel almost always.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Backmarker

Backmarker Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    7. I would like to add an option to review race results (laptimes, fastest lap, etc). AFAICT, the only results I see it total race time for each driver.

8. Option for player to turn replay capture ON/OFF. or an option like iRacing where it prompts you to save or not save replay before leaving event.

• Like Like x 5
  14. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    They have to mimplemment a voice chat

• Like Like x 1
  15. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    1. Safety Car. That is very rare in racing Games, would be Nice to see in RaceRoom.
    2. Formation Laps, you drive out of the box in the grid.
    3. Self driving in the box.
    4. Pit Crew Animation like in f1 2015.
    5. More offline fights when Ai is driving against Ai. Saw it now in the new dtm 2015. Not much action un race.
    6. Music or sounds in menu, great racesounds or something like that. Everytime I booted up the game I check my headset if it is working :)
    7. More display menus for the in car display, something like temperatures like in pcars. Or one menu with timings and a delta...

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Use steam chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That works, but it's not exactly convenient. In Gran Turismo when you're in a room, that room has its own voice chat and you can talk with anyone in the room just by turning on your headset, no need to coordinate people to join an external source just to be able to talk to them. The text chat was far better in Gran Turismo as well, you could type more than just a few words and it would pop up a little box in the lower right corner showing that last few comments so it was easy to keep up on conversations even when you were on track.

This has been one of my bigger disappointments in PC sim racing, that none of these sims successfully employ a basic chat system that works as well as the one a console racer has been using for nearly 6 years. In fact, it seems most of these modern sims have rather useless chat functions. Sim racing is supposed to be (in my mind) a social hobby and communicating with your fellow racers is essential to that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Aye, that's something from GTR2 that I couldn't believe usnt available in the two games I use most frequently (DiRT Rally and R3E).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    One thing I liked about iRacing was the chat box after the race with the replay showing downsized in the background.
    This along with an add friend from this race feature would be nice.
    Instead of being thrown back to the server list immediately..

• Agree Agree x 2