Car wishlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christian G, Sep 16, 2015.

1. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ... and as a surprise package for the Nordschleife:

articulo_portada_3.jpg

... and then drive like this:

760801_h_11.jpg

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    This car is also urgently required:

ganassi2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Mazda and a Group C Pack is a Dream ! I hope for it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. francis52132

francis52132 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Audi r8!!! on ma wish list <3 <3 <3

5. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    please this DBR9 GT1 - not the silly Vantage:

2007-le-mans-win.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    and this GT1 Legend please:

Porsche-911-GT1-98-04.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah... but in a Pack with these other Legends it would be even better:
    clk.jpg mclaren-f1.jpg PanozGTR1.jpg Elise.jpg

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ...the unique Panoz sound I can still remember well :cool: very cool

9. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    1970_Abarth_Fiat_1000_TCR_Group_2_race_racing__gd_2048x1536-1.jpg 1970_Abarth_Fiat_1000_TCR_Group_2_race_racing_engine____t_2048x1536.jpg 1970_Abarth_Fiat_1000_TCR_Group_2_race_racing_engine_______g_2048x1536.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. Kabuki101

Kabuki101 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone !
    I finally signed up in the Forum and I thought it would be a good 1st post to add some cars for further inspiration :)

- To add some rivals for the NSU in the "Rear Engine class" class:

Renault R8 Gordini
    DSC_2825-600x405.jpg

Simca Rally 2
    simca-rallye-214e1b55-d664-4a76-9539-d22fa764b62a.jpg

Hillman Imp
    Screen shot 2016-03-18 at 9.41.43 AM.png

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Love it! x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Said it before and not ashamed to repeat, Ferrari 312b, Alpha T33/3, Matra/Simca, Chaparral 2E, Mirage GR8, McLaren M8D and of course the Porsche 917k, Toyota 88C, Nissan R89/90, Mazdz 787B, Lancia LC2/84, Jaguar XJ12......... I could go on and on, chuck in a few historic tracks and one would definitely die with a smile on one's mug!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Very much agreed to this :)

I didn't red the whole thread (I catched up from 12 to now) and what I would like to see is more cup racing. Like the NSU's and TT's, small to middle sized road cars are always fun to drive and are cool to watch as a spectactor as well.

First.. The VW Beetle fun cup !!
    [​IMG]

Back in the days I was following the DTM very often (1999 > 2003), the VW Lupo GTI's gave us very much joy and spectaculair racing and dtm sometimes became more like an aftershow for me than the pre show it originally was :)
    [​IMG]

Another cool class I've enjoyed watching in my youth (mid 90's) where the Citroen Saxo VTI's. Not only for normal track racing like the above two, but the Saxo's where also be used for rally cross ;
    [​IMG]

Last thing.. I've a crush on little cars (as you can imagine) and Kei-cars from Japan are a class on their own. We've hill climbs in R3e and maybe these little kei cars, maybe it's fun to have something like a kei-car hillclimb (timetrial) competition with the Mazda AZ1, Honda Beat and Suzuki Cappucino some day? :) Or just another class/cup championship with them ?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay, last post with my wishlist.. In GT6 one of my favourite cars is the Honda civic Motul 80's car.
    [​IMG]
    and maybe like the kind of liveries for a colorfull field of racing hatchbacks :)
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the picture-dump :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert
    The thought just occured to me (uh oh :rolleyes:)....

Hypothetically, if the Mazda or Nissan in my pics were implemented into the game, why does Sector3 need licensing from Mazda/Nissan? Wouldn't they need licensing from the fabricator/team/owner of that extensively modified the car instead?
    Did the owner/fabricator of those cars need licensing from Mazda/Nissan to create those beasts?
    In these cases, being a Mazda or Nissan is secondary. The car doesn't have to have any manufacturer badging.
    It's the tube framed, specialty replica I'm after.

Is that how the Ford Mustang DTM car was added to the 1992 DTM pack? Licensing from Ford AND licensing from the fabricator/owner/driver of the car? Or just from the DTM organization? Or all three?

If so, how does the modding community and the sims they are in, get away with making all those fantastic mods of replica cars - Without licensing.

Is it because Sector3 is profiting from the "likeness" of a Mazda or Nissan?

Don't mean to test your patience. Curiosity gets the better of me sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    If the car has a manufacturer badge on it you have to start with the car company.Then you can speak to the developer/tuner/modifier etc.If both sides green light you,well you can make the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    @Azfalt Raser, Im not Christian, but also have a similar curiosity about this stuff like you do. As @alesi27 mentioned, I am quite certain in the cases you are referring to, you need to get multiple licenses. Which can make things very tricky, and often times why some content takes a long time to release. If a single "T" isnt crossed in a license agreement, that content cannot be released.

Generally, licensing is not a very well defined process on what exactly goes on, how much it costs, or the terms of the license. This can lead to the consumer (us) being confused on why things dont move quickly, why a certain car was left out of a car pack, why a brand is seemingly completely looked over, or why a track that appears in other games isnt in R3E.

Im not privy to the process, but I imagine that there is a lot of back and forth between the Sector3 licensing guru, and whoever they deal with from each car company. Probably starting off with nothing more than an inquiry, and if the company is open to having their product licensed, then the real haggling about fees and such commences.

This is probably more clear cut than you would think. If a mod team is creating a replica car, and calling it by a real name, or even using the exact same shape as the real thing, and selling it as a paid mod... that is illegal. If a mod team creates a car without using the real name, or the model is slightly different... that is in more of a gray area, and not illegal. That's how Reiza does some of their cars.

Other modders that make as authentic a model as possible and release it for free are in a further, different gray area. Technically since they arent profiting off releasing the mod, it isnt illegal... But then again companies like Ferrari, Porsche, the FIA, and the F! group, are very strict if they see a mod... where they will send a cease and desist to the mod team telling them to stop creating it, and distributing it or face severe legal action. That's why some mods disappear, and others never get finished. They've most likely got a C&D against them.

hehe, probably your last guess. For instance, in the ADAC or WTCC packs... they need each car license, as well as the series license to call it the ADAC/or WTCC series. In the case of the Camaro, I imagine they had to get the Camaro GT3 license from Chevy, the car license from Reiter Engineering (since they made the car I believe) and then a license for the series from ADAC.

As you can see... very challenging to get your ducks in a row, so to speak. As well as very expensive...

Oh, and of course, none of this is official information. Just my own thoughts from gathering what I can from this forum and others. :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In addition to what nate and alesi said, as far as I'm aware the most important party is the manufacturer of the car. If someone tunes or modifies a car that doesn't necessarily make them the manufacturer. Best example is RUF. They are a genuine manufacturer who only base their original creations on Porsches cars.

And like nate said, most of the modding is done in that twilight zone of "not quite a 100 % replica" and "we don't mind if somebody creates free promotion for our brand (, as long as they don't make a profit out of it)".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  19. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    When I look in this thread and see all the wishes I usually think about what J -F Chardon said.

How difficult is it to gain licenses needed?

JF: Once you know what series and cars you want and are determined enough, I’d say anything is possible. It takes some effort, of course.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yhea, what happened with the V8's @J-F Chardon??
    This was among the first teasers I herd of when I first found R3E almost 2 years ago, then nothing.. :(

• Agree Agree x 1