FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hmm this guide could use an update, right? Some settings are not recommended anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive been messing on a t300 gte come up with this seems ok, may need to increase decrease cars specific ffb vo.

one thing steering rack does nothing for me.
    steering foce and lateral force are very similar fx.

img host[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I have set my settings for T500 pretty much the same, except FFB Intensity 80, Steering Force Intensity 60 and Min Force 1. Feels quite good and is far from clipping. I haven't found any big differences adjusting steering rack, either. It just might be, that bumps on the road come through more clearly if set to tires, but I may be just imagining things. If there is a difference, it is a really subtle one at least with these wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Any new g27 starting settings will be appreciated :)

5. nwxcv

nwxcv New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes setting G27 in games and also profiler logitech ;)
    because I can not find a good adjustment
    thanks !!!!

6. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Unless something has radically changed then Steering Force (SF) & Lateral Force (LF) should be felt as distinctly different, and as a reference I am using a direct drive Accuforce Wheel which does provide a very good wide & strong range of forces.

SF provides the overall strength & weight of the force feedback whilst LF is that force felt when cornering - very noticeable as a strong weight or counter-force when going around a sweeping bend. If set too low it feels easy as if there is no centrifugal force to fight against. I try balance these two as you do not want your SF to be set so high that you cannot notice a distinct difference from the effect of your LF when cornering as opposed to driving your lines.

I have my Steering Rack set to 50 but agree the differences felt are subtle. If anything adding more steering rack feels to make the overall FFB strength feel lighter when I drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I am now using the recommended new setting for my TX. It feels a bit too light for some cars. That's why I upped the FFB multiplier to 5.000 for few.

edit: I think the idea of R3E and Sector3 is that you only have "2" Controller profiles; Pattern and Seq. You have to delete your current control settings, and use the preset recommended settings from R3E / Sector3. I bet they have all kind of brands and wheel in their test-studio and did a lot of heavy testing and thus have the recommended settings for every wheel. Now the key is; if a car FFB is too low or too heavy you do not need to go into controller profiles/settings anymore, but just adjust the FFB multiplier in the car setup settings. So no more Controller settings for every car, but instead of this the car setup FFB multiplier will save per each car. Keep in mind camber, etc also affect your wheel heaviness.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  8. mochablendy

mochablendy Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Here is my setting, feels nice for me so far. tested for DTM2015 BMW at Zandvoort.
    FFB Multiplier is 1.900.
    r3effb.png

• Like Like x 3
  9. Spazo

Spazo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing. Logitech profiler set to 100/0/0 ?

10. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice post there and my feelings exactly especially in regard to balance both SF and LF. However i found that in my findings and tests.

Sf- gave overall weight when turning, counter steering and return spring, too high and you get the dreaded swaying with an over powering centre force. Feels more like a spring/canned effect rather than the LF running off physics.

LF- i found as i swept my tyres over high kerbs, this affected the strength of the pull of the tyres as they squidged left or right. And of course affected as well is the force of the turn.

(Vf- basically up/down force on the tyres, going over grass and high kerbs/undulation in the track)

As we both noted the steering force too high could easily drown out the LF . i tried running max LF without any sf and you do get the same steer force but when you do hit a kerb or any lateral impacts on the tyre, it would literally break my wrists! lol so yeah A balance is essential between both.

dan

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2016
  11. mochablendy

mochablendy Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yep :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tomy

Tomy New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi from Spain, does anyone share his CSW V2 settings?.

Thanks a lot!.

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Reposting here because I may have posted in another thread that I shouldnt have earlier... :oops:

I have some settings that I have wanted to share for a while... since I have been working on this profile since this recent update was in testing and over the past 3 months I have really grown to like it. My in-game settings are quite similar to my settings that I have been using for around a year or more, but the difference now is that I have edited a few lines in the .rcs file that you cant edit from within the game. This is a bit more advanced stuff than just tweaking FFB strength, but the result is quite appealing... at least in my hands :rolleyes::D

Firstly, I am going to share my Logitech Profiler settings since this also plays a role in how the FFB will feel with my file.

R3E live logi profiler settings.PNG

As you can tell, these settings are for a Logitech G27.

You should be able to download my .rcs file and simply paste it into the folder seen here: C:\Users\YOU\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet. Do note, that this also includes all of the key bindings that I use personally, and you can (and probably should) rebind them to your own liking.

Finally, my FFB is setup so it doesnt clip very much. However if you find that it is either too strong or too weak, I would recommend going into the car setup menu and tweaking the FFB strength on a per car basis. And dont forget to reset the steering rotation/lock settings while you are in there :)

Tagging @pargiNOS @nwxcv and @Spazo in case you want to give these a go.

Enjoy, cheers

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Raspou

Raspou New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank's a lot for the settings nate. Just try it and seems really great :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spazo

Spazo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @nate for posting your settings. I will definitively try this today

• Like Like x 1
  16. neilwales

neilwales New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi slip ffb has no effect on my osw wheel is it possible to get brake ffb back as before the update my wheel was excellent now it feels out of touch with the cars im using mmos thanks

17. Andreas62

Andreas62 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    why there is no longer the braking vibrations?

18. treid

treid New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello there, anyones know why my cswv2 knocking around the center position until i adjust the value of force feedback minimum force to a minimum (zero or 2-3 percent max)? This is causing after update, before update everything working fine. it happens on a clear new selected controler profile in the game.

19. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for these mate,they are excellent settings.Your a top man:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spazo

Spazo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    @nate I tried your settings. Out of the box, I had issue rattle/ vibration. It was vibrating all the time.. Even on straight line, slow speed. Had to change slip effect from 50 to 10-15%. This removed unwanted vibration

Also made other change

Minimum force from 5% to 13%
    Steering force from 65% to 90%
    Understeer from 97% to 60%

Overall a very good setup !! Thank you very much sharing it with us

Edit: currently using slip effect 40%

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.