The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    No it wasn't sarcasm, vocabulary certainly does not seem limited and I have not noticed any spelling issues, autocorrect?
    I think you are understating your abilities a lot. I believe English is a very hard language to learn due to the number of contradictions and anomolies in it.
    I am half Austrian but only know the odd swear word, I could not imagine learning a new language now and I don't have the patience for it.

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    English difficult? Not so much. Try Finnish. Portuguese - that are difficult languages! I already capitulated with French. French and German grammar are far more complex than English grammar, are far more learning-intensive. The discussion of whether English or German have the bigger vocabularies, still goes on, the verdict depends on the solurces people trake as reference. Certain ways in which German typically combines two words to a new one, are unknown in English, and they envy us for this capability. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Back on topics, finally: a new video in their series "virtuality versus reality" has been released, this time Aris takes the Spanish fighting bull out for a ride. What a beast it is maybe is best illustrated by his quote at the end of this fight:

"No espresso for a month for me, I'm done." LOL

Enjoy! I had some good laughs.

And the "Making of", with focus on the real car. Sounds like a heck of a car.

LINK

• Like Like x 4
  4. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    AC just announced that they've got a license for
    Porsche

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Nice - will be interessting to see whats coming out of it...

7. Yves Denis

Yves Denis Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Now we are waiting the same thing for R3E! :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    i guess there is something in the pipeline not now but in the future. But good for all that`s the Porsche brand is now useable for everyone

• Like Like x 1
  9. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    That's quite a scoop for Kunos, I'm sure the Porsche DLC packs will sell very well! I'd probably buy them!

10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Well if we can't have Ferrari or Lambourghini in R3E (which unfortunately seems to be the case) some Porsche models would at least be some consolation - hope that Sector 3 / Raceroom are already discussing this with Porsche.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I hope, they don't cut out your toungue.;)

12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Its good that someone finally has got a Porsche licence, lets hope R3E will follow in the queue..

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    "i guess" i don`t know anything just my opinion.

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Now that is what I would call a pretty loud bang! Bigger surprise to me than their announcement of the Nordschleife short after release of 1.0. AC gets Porsches - to me this was coming out of nowhere.

I expected something like a package focussing on Le Mans. But not Porsche.

Very big coup of theirs, no doubt. Forza, Kunos, always forza! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @Tarik Userli , I was just joking, but I'd sacrifice yours for that at once.:p

16. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The fact that Porsche has selected AC as their simulator of choice say really says something.

The partnership with Porsche will allow them to use Assetto Corsa to give the chance to its customers, fans and motorsport enthusiasts, to drive its newest models and to prepare for the Porsche driving experience in several Porsche race centers and dealer events worldwide. Porsche are working closely with Kunos Simulazioni to provide the most accurate Porsche virtual experience ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    "The fact that Porsche has selected AC as their simulator of choice say really says something"
    They selected Need for speed ( some great quality content there right?) Or Forza ?
    How did they select ? Who said this was it and no other games would ever get porsche ?
    Did they say it was exclusive ? Cause we know exclusive don't mean much anymore. Just look at Ea and Forza.

"This autumn, Assetto Corsa will be the only multi-platform title to have the Porsche brand in a genuine racing simulation." well many Pc only sim are not multi-platform

18. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Highlights how crazy good Kunos are at acquiring licenses. All the talk of them bagging Ferrari and Lamborghini due to them being Italian just got pretty firmly shot down, they apparently just play the corporate game really well. Stoked to be one step closer to a proper GT3 field.

Hopefully this will mean Sector 3 and other devs step up their game as well, if an indie studio can do it so should the rest.

19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Responsible for licensing at Kunos is Marco Massarutto, and amongst fans his coups are legend. Kunos staff long time ago described him as a truly skilled and gifted negotiator. The huge success and excellent reputation AC has gained, also helped in opening doors that before were shut. Plus that the success and the cooperation with Studio 5 for the console project have flushed cash into their treasury that before was unavailable for investment.

The physics quality of AC is beyond doubt, and it is not unreasonable to assume that this has some influence on car brand's decision on whether to give a license, or not. Mind you, car brands also often have forbidden to show their cars in a crashed/wrecked condition or with visible damage, so due to the visual advertising these aspects obviously play a role.

Even if the license may be expensive, a car brand hardly depends on the payment by some game producer. The scale of money changing hands is more an issue for the game studio, not for the car producer.

The GTE/GT3 category in the car selection menu currently lists 14 entries in AC, Rodent. And more is coming. So I would say they already can compete in this regard with Raceroom's as big GT3 car pool.

I perosnally hope for the most classic-looking Porsche I could imagine, the 911. In principle a Yellowbird but without the RUF emblem on the motor hood. :) Classic Porsches simply look like sports cars should look.

Their Lambo license is for nine cars. Let's see how many Porsches their will be...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Is the range of GTE/GT3 cars in AC as well BOPed as the GT3 cars in R3E or are some cars going to dominate a mixed GT3/GTE field in AC?