The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Another two tracks I'll keep in mind are Bilster Berg Drive Resort and Riverside International Raceway.
    Both very promising wip.

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If Sachsenring and Nordsschleife would breed and have a baby, it would be Bilsterberg. :D I have that one on my watch-list, too, yes.

Riverside is too early to judge, imo. The first version I tried, left me unimpressed.

Also on my watch list is Mas du Clos. I could imagine that track to be a nice addition for Racferoom, too. It reminds me of Mid Ohio, somehow. Just dont ask me why.

3. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I forgot Mills Motorpark, a legal conversion from rF1. Very good quality.

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Repost!

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  5. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Just for the record, after two more fixes in the past days, AC now is at version 1.6.3

7. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
  8. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Which mods are those cars from?

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The 2 F1 cars are probably from the ASR mod team. The LMP1's seem to be from URD mod team as a payware mod. The Porsche is almost certainly a rip from Forza.

Monaco and Hungaroring seem to be the 1988 versions converted from rF1 by Rainmaker. Le Mans is a conversion from Tiago Lima on Race Dept. And Isle of Man is also probably an rF1 conversion.

10. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Maybe its more not about AC, but about triple.
    I have 3 displays, but problem is one 27" 2560x1440 and 2 others is 22" 1920x1080. I setup up it with Eyefinity and on the Win desktop its looks ok, but not in AC and i Racing. In the sims image from the side monitors doesn't match 100% with the main display. Problem in iRacing is bigger, because this sim divide the triple on the 3 equal parts (my main display has 650mm and side displays has 510mm width, include borders).
    Somedays i use for setup (both in AC and iRacing) physical size (include borders, not only visible area) of my side displays
    (spinner screen width 510mm in my case and margin spinner 0 mm for AC and in iRacing 510mm for both Monitor width including bezel and Visible width excluding bezel) and wow, everything looks perfect now. Hope this can help to someone.

11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I am also quite certain that Porsche is a rip. Will you please remove that clip, Paul - Sector3 will not be happy to allow posting of advertising for ripped content. Or give evidence that the Porsche used is a legal mod.

I checked for the Monaco track also, both the two Monaco tracks that had been published before, were illegal rips and were removed from RD and AC download sections. But this one seems to be an authorized conversion from an rF1 mod, so seems to be okay. Just saying, because many AC fans think all Monaco tracks made available so far, were illegal. Obviously not.

On mod cars (and tracks) in AC - if they do not get listed in download sections of AC forums or RD, you can be 98% sure that they are illegal rips then, with the only exception of payware mods released by respected mod studios like URD as an example.

Support authors' work and respect their right to decide - do not tolerate and do not download pirateware. Gentleman's code calls this: fair play ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Kunos does its house cleaning with a steel broom: they are indefinitely shutting down mods downloads in their mod support forum. They say the mod forums were meant for supporting modders by answering their questions, but that too much narcissistic self-advertizing of people wanting applaus already for half-baken stuff that they advertise in these forums, have made it too difficult for them to moderate the place and keep things sorted. I must admit I see their point in quite some clearity. There indeed are a few guys who have started to kill my nerves long time ago. Regarding some others who run really extremely high quality projects (Lucca, for example), I feel a bit sad.

How-To's and answering questions, will remain. Links to downloads and mod advertising will no longer be allowed from end of next week on.

It is expected that mods will be moved to where the majority of them is being hosted at already now: Race Department.

---

We must not fear to see this problem raising in Raceroom anytime soon. :D Also, the good thing that I always liked in Raceroom's concept is that players must not bother to waste time with endlessly trying mods of mediocre or bad quality. There are arguments against not allowing modding, like Raceroom does, I know - but I want to point out that there are also quite some very good arguments in favour of it, and I do not mean only commercial interest. Most cars and tracks I ever tried in AC - I meanwhile have deleted againb. Most of them after just trying them once. Seen that way, Raceroom is the much more time-efficient, economic solution. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'd actually agree with you on that, I'd rather pay for cars and tracks done properly than some half-assed mod, though some mods can be very good. Having said that, it means important cars missing from R3E due to licensing issues (e.g. certain Italian GT3 cars...) can't be added in by moders, so there are holes in some series.

14. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I'm agree with Kunos. They forum is for support and How-To, not for discuss about mods, not showroom e.t.c. We have RD for this. To many abandoned mods, to many words about nothing in every mods thread. Hard to read something helpful.
    I'm disagree with Kunos about liveries and mod announcement (not about WIP, but about released and of course not ripped)

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Well you can be guaranteed there will be less forum traffic there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ I think so, too. But I also think in a way that is exactly what they want. They admitted that they think they are already late with this decision of theirs, and that the status that they now correct is due to their own fault, having let things slide for too long.

I also think that their forum became fixpoint of a community that chit-chats a lot more than just focussing on problems with the sim and getting advise on how tom solve them, and that this is more than what they originally intended, want and have the resoureces to manage. They indicated that the moderation of certain forums, where all the self-advertising took place, was more than they could handle.

There zero tolerance policy for pirated and ripped content also plays into it.

RD takes over. This is what RD had to say: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/a-new-central-assetto-corsa-modding-discussion-forum.122766/

Again, Kunos forums will be open for getting answers to "How to", but download links and self-advertising will be removed without warning. Same will happen with links to suspicous, dubious content, and always has.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  17. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I did see that about rd. They have been known to go on the warpath eVery now and then to delete mods when therr are threats to take legal action if certain things are not removed.
    It may get to the point where one day all modders have to offer mods from their own individual sites, that would put a lot of modders off I think.

18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Not if modders indeed would care for copyrights and the work of others. You need permission (modders) or license (companies) before you pick up and use what is not yours. You have to ask in advance - and have to accept a No as a No.

That is true for any game out there that gets modded, not just AC. We call pirates "pirates" because what they do is illegal and immoral, is theft.

19. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    While there are laws about copyright and theft I honestly don't see what the issue is if an individual wNts to create a mod of his favourite car and share it when he is not getting anything in return for it. There are many people out there who would love to race a mod car that cannot be officially bought anywhere.
    I guess manufacturers do not want their ip represented when it could be of a questionable quality and possibly damage their brand.
    The joys of our litigious and greedy society nowadays.

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Your desire, your wish is not automatically you rightful claim.

There is nothing wrong if a modder creates something and he uses only elements which to use he either has gotten permission by their orginal creators, or that he created himself. But if you use something that somebody else had created or holds copyrights for, you have to ask for his permission.

What part exactly in this is so difficult to understand?

If its mine, it is not automatically yours. You can ask me, but my reply is your command, may it be Yes, or No.
    If you pick up what is not yours, but the other's - that is theft then.

• Agree Agree x 1