English [CFEG] Public Sunday Races 2000H BST

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Jun 27, 2016.

1. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    List for Sunday 11.12.16
    Rotation - Week 2/2

Meet - 2000H GMT (8pm uk time)
    Race 1 - Red Bull Ring - Group 5 - 10min
    Race 2 - Portimao Grand Prix - LMP2 and GTR3 - 25 Minutes
    Race 3 - Hockenheim (Full) - WTCC 2015 - 10Min
    Any questions let me know.

2. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I will try join Sunday. Would you be kind enough to post the mumble details? Me being in the Suzuka race and it being carnage was nothing to do with me...honest!

3. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    haha no problem about suzuka the guy apologised and well..cant have a clean start every time as i said. the mumble details are on the group page for you :) just go to the main page where it says "welcome to chequered flag endurance" and scroll down to the last link - if you get to the "popular discussion" posts...youve gone too far :) . if you have any issues, add me on steam and ill give them to do directly. cheers, matt

4. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Interesting evening last night, didn't think I'd enjoy the Gr.5s but the racing was actually pretty good at the front of the field, speed difference between some of the cars is huge on the straights though, still, enjoyed it in the end which was a surprise.

Portimao was a strange one, lots of free content and it showed, not sure everyone who turned up there, was ready for it or the LMP2, very odd to here so much complaining about various drivers causing problem while still having everyone on mumble agree that the race was actually still pretty good and enjoyable.
    Noticed several cars disappearing with high ping but that seemed to settle down after the first lap, with 30+ cars on the grid, I'm assuming it was a case of server host hardware/internet connection while playing on the same machine.
    Great race with J.Ennis in the GT3s though, despite having to slow for LMP2 cars to get passed, then reslow for them to pass again after they span moments later.

Guess it got a little late by the time we got to the WTCC, intense race with @RedBreast and @Squidboy in race 2 was still good fun though.

Thanks to everyone who turned up on the night, see you next week.

5. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I was actually surprised at how quick I was off the bat last night.
    I agree with @Ronin_GTDave that the speed differences in Group 5 are monster, but I also think that was because of setups. I had default, and I'm guessing that the Corvette had zero wing, judging by the spinning out of corners etc!!
    Still, messed up on the last corner on the last lap at Speilberg, handing @Ronin_GTDave the 2nd place, and a win for the zakspeeds.
    Portimao. What can I say? Er, 25 minutes racing helped me learn the track? Or there are so many dips and crests that you never know what's around the next corner? Or a flag system that would help idiots get out of the way when you are lapping them?
    Whatever it was, I was lucky enough to win the LMP2 class. I think it was either lack of fuel or very worn tyres that made the front two pit. I was also consistent for the most part which helped.
    Kudos to J.Ennis and (again) GTDave for jumping out the way in a safe place for me to pass.
    Whatever the opposite of kudos is, that has to be reserved for the idiots that were too busy trying to get back on track to bother waiting for others to pass first. Thank God they ghosted.
    That brings me lastly to the WTCC. Having only raced once in this class, I wasn't hopeful. Luckily I grabbed a wing and roll bar tip and it was enough to keep me competitive. Didn't win the first race, out braked myself too much in the hairpins. But managed to keep the win in the second, so very pleased with that.
    Finally, great company on Humble, always a laugh, and looking forward to next week.

6. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    glad to hear you had fun, sadly me and rirdeg couldnt make it :( , i kinda had a hunch portimao was gonna be chaos with free content, i'll avoid using it until we get the numbers to go password :)

anyway here is the list for next sunday

List for Sunday 18.12.16
    Rotation - Week 1/2

Race 1 - Paul Ricard (solution 3C) - Touring Cars/DTM 1992 - 10min
    Race 2 - Spa (Grand Prix) - LMP2 and GTR3 - 25 Minutes
    Race 3 - Laguna Seca (NEW) - Audi TT 2016 - 10Min

7. Squidboy

Squidboy Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Managed to race a bit the other night. Enjoyed the WTCC loads. I am new to that class but well up for more, good racing there. Portimao was carnage and i had to quit out in the end as i was right in the pack with the crazy LMP2 kids. It seems the slightly below average GT3 driver (ahem me) gets stuck on the same part of the track with the LMP2 spinners and crashers..

I could not see the mumble but happy to join in on that too...Is it under UK section?

8. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    ye i heard lmp2 was carnage, but nvm it was at portmao which was always going to happen, spa is this sunday so good practice for the 90 min spa race in january :p

9. marek-am

marek-am New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

what is the fuel consumption and tire

10. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    both fuel and tyre consumption are at x2. we have our endurance events spread out throughout the year, they will include higher statistics to ensure pit strategy is implemented, just check out our 90 min of spa race.. (i presume thats what your looking for when asking this question)

11. marek-am

marek-am New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes thank you, what are the rules in today's race at 8 pm, (race 2 - Spa (Grand Prix) - LMP2 and GTR3 - 25 Minutes)

12. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    there are no rules. all our races are public, once we have enough numbers on a weekly basis we will password the 25 minute races, all we ask is that you show respect for your fellow drivers as we arent mario karts :) other than that your free to join.

will still be x2 fuel and tyre for this race

13. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Great racing tonight :p - really enjoyed it and had a laugh, But thats it for this year, CFEg will be taking a break now until the 8TH JANUARY, where we will be racing again on sundays as usual. Hope to see you all there, and hope you all have a great xmas + new year :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Not an awful way to end the year ;)

Some really exceptional racecraft out there tonight. Great fun. Thanks guys and to everyone involved in organising these events.

15. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    dont forget about Spa on 8th January, sign up is still open, and depending on numbers we might be doing some small raes afterwards just for some fun, After the 8th jan everything is back to normal, with 3 races every sunday evening :) ill announce the track details on monday after Spa :)

16. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    List for Sunday 15.01.17
    Rotation - Week 1/2

Race 1 - Brands Hatch Indy - Touring Cars/DTM 1992 - 10min
    Race 2 - Slovakia Ring (Full) - LMP2 and GTR3 - 25 Minutes *NEW track*
    Race 3 - Zandvoort (Full) - Audi TT 2016 - 10Min

17. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    List for Sunday 22.01.17
    Rotation - Week 2/2

Race 1 - Laguna Seca - Group 5 - 10min
    Race 2 - Paul Riccard 1C-V2 - LMP2 and GTR3 - 25 Minutes
    Race 3 - Raceroom Raceway (Classic Sprint) - WTCC 2015 - 10Min

Also:

we have just launched a Facebook group to help you keep track and informed about future events and progress the group makes. Link is below :D looking forward to expanding our horizons at CFEG

https://www.facebook.com/chequeredflagendurance/

18. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Missed last nights racing, hope it went well. Hopefully, will be back for the next one :)

19. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, will try to make it to this meet!

But 10 minutes Gr.5? I'm not sure if that's enough time for the turbo to kick in before the race is over. That turbo lag mein gute...:eek:

20. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    ye due to there always being 3 races we tend to keep the sprint races short, they are surprisingly fun :),

and turbo lag??

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1