English [CFEG] Public Sunday Races 2000H BST

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Jun 27, 2016.

1. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Looking at the stream recording you were having a great battle for first and second!

2. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I am pretty new to sim-racing, but I want to join. So i would ask which group on endurance race on silverstone you recommend me, lmp or GT3... Thanks for your advise

3. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    Hey Bitko

I would recommend going with the GTR3 class if your new to sim racing, If you drive in lmp2. then you will need to consider factors such as aerodynamics and how they change in both fast and slow corners...and deal with traffic on a regular basis where you have responsibility for overtaking cleanly. So ye, GTR3, but at the end of the day its up to you.

If your still not sure why not pop by to our regular sunday meetings. We wont be at silverstone or driving those clases this sunday, but its still good experience non the less that you can use. :)

and lastly - i believe dave may be hosting practice on wednesday , though dont hold me to that. so will be a good opportunity to get some lap times in to set your car up :)

anything else let me know

4. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. And I will join you from this sunday. I start some practice at suzuka but I have problems to make 3 consecutive clear laps...

5. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    And for endurance race is some cars banned in gt3 class?

6. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    You can piack any vehicle from the GTR3 class...there are no bans in place..the only vehicle we do ban is the nissan in the classic touring cars which will be next week. and with suzuka west..its that turn 2 i hate the most...group5 is tricky to master, but practice will pay off if you keep at it :) some tracks will suit you more, cant win every time eh :p

7. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok so can i sign in to endurance GT3 class with Ford gt40? And can i change The car if i found some more driveable?

8. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    yes of course, ill add you to the list for now :) just give us a shout if you wish to change cars

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Is it too much to ask for a capital "D" in my name when you write it Matt? :p

Yes, server will be up from 8pm (UK time) or a little before again tonight and closing at 10pm, just practice though, no qualifying this time, will maybe move to that next week.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  10. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    no qualy? but ive got the need.....the need for...erm...more pixel grip...

11. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    7 Hours until this evenings races start - see you there :)
    16603024_740014639495372_4459793735024614155_n.jpg

12. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi I am ready

13. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    o_O fck time misscalculated time zone ...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thx for race guys =)

15. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for tonight guys. Not as big turn up as last week but still.

Gr.5 @ Suzuka
    It's easy to forget that you sit in a 600+ HP monster when it feels like a boat and you tend to overshoot every corner. Auto-clutch in the start was a disaster and lost around 3 places. Had a good fight with D. Plummer for a lap or so.

My setup for the Nissan Silvia Turbo (Tip: use 900 degree of rotation for these cars since you will catch the slides much easier and let the car roll in to apex and get on the throttle when you see your corner exit target):

[​IMG]

M1 Procar @ Sonoma Sprint
    I personally love Sears Point. Might come from when I finished in 4th place with the Nissan 350Z in a N-GT league race in GTR2 a decade ago.

Such a rewarding track when you nail every corner and just go faster and faster. But one mistake and you can pack your bags. The M1 Procar is very rewarding to drive and sounds absolutely amazing. Could use some louder brake squeal and tyre sound but who cares when all you want is to hit red line.

Started last in the race but worked my way up. Sorry @Squidboy for the push in the start, I got a killer start and when I dropped the clutch I went straight in to your ass.

Did anyone else notice the constant mechanical damage when driving? Could be a bug, or are they simulating 80's engine longevity? :D

My setup (900 degree of rotation/30 steering lock). Use 1st gear in the slow corners and just floor it when the car hits the apex:

[​IMG]

KTM X-BOW @ Silverstone National
    One word - momentum. These are like driving rental karts but for free. Started last and had a good battle with St Steve and Miller during the first laps.

My setup (540 degrees of rotation/20 steering lock) Top tip is to keep 5th gear in to T1 since you will lose momentum going down in to 4th:

[​IMG]

Thanks for this weeks race, always good fun and nice variety! :)

16. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    week 3/4 tracks announced, - new track added (Shanghai GP)

One Off Event - Sunday Meeting - 19.02.17
    Meet - 2000H GMT (8pm uk time)
    Race 1 - Red Bull Ring GP - Touring Cars/DTM 1992 - 10min
    Race 2 - Shanghai Grand Prix - LMP2 and GTR3 - 25 Minutes
    Race 3 - Raceroom Raceway (Bridge) - Audi TT 2016 - 10Min
    Any questions let me know.

17. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Bummer that I missed it. Love this car and wonder why it's not available in MP more often. I hope there will be some more M1 sundays in the future.

18. Bitko

Bitko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh I realy love those circuits... Looking forward for sunday...

19. OverTheLine

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    19feb.jpg

i completely forgot to update this page with this sundays races...sorry about that...here they are

Race 1 - Red Bull Ring - Touring/DTM 1992 (10m)
    Race 2 - Shanghai GP - GTR3 + LMP2 (25m)
    Race 3 - Raceroom Raceway (Bridge) - Audi TT 2016 (10m)

20. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You did it on Monday mate :D