Released 02-08-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Aug 2, 2017.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Seems like no news is bad news in this case. I'm waiting for this as well

2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Now that we can't join a session when countdown is ended, we have to wait in front of the menu. I'm on a free content server and am waiting since several minutes, since practice count down reached zero, and nothing is happening.
    Why don't the next session start as soon as the previous is finished?

Oh, next session started, after something like 5 minutes of waiting.

3. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    We use NVidia Surround in our simulators, but i guess you already know of its existence?
    Edit: I know that is not real triple screen support, but its better than having the two other screens empty.

4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Those who ask for tripple support, typically have the side screens more angled, and therefore need the engine to render with different projection.
    Personally I run with shallow angle and low fov, so I am fine with single projection. However less peripheral vision is the result.

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Most likely because of this, as long as people keep joining it won't make the switch.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  6. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I noticed some problems with the competition/leaderboard timings since the update.
    The server seems to randomly "forget" faster times set once I enter the garage and resume or restart a hotlap.
    Sometimes it reverts to the previous fastest time I set, sometimes it reverts even further to much slower times.
    Sometimes it's a problem only with the ghostlap itself sometimes it's the ranking display on top of the screen that is off.
    Weird.....

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I think you are missing a point here. I am using triples angled at 45° to feel "surrounded".
    I do have my three screens "filled", but both side monitors show a warped/stretched view, which is disturbing compared to the view I get in other sims. I do look at the side screens to get the apex in sharp turns, and doing so I get a bit dizzy after a while in R3E. Even what I see in my peripheral vision is simply not right and feels weird. In the other sims, the view is perfect, can even be adjusted depending on the distance and angle of the screens. It is exactly that what we are asking for.
    If you set the monitors at 0° or a very faint angle, that might be better in R3E, but altering the angle on my setup is simply not doable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Can a player connect to the server after countdown ended?
    I think no, so maybe someone needed 5 minutes to load the track/cars (?). That's an issue cause most people left the server after waiting in front of a menu for this long minutes. ;)

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Between practice and quali sessions? Sure.
    You probably were stuck in a nice little cascade of several people joining, one shortly after the other, so it took some minutes in total before all of them finally made it onto the server.

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the session... When Qualifing-session has ended, a user can't connect. But he can 1 sec. before... Then everything depends on his loading-times. But yeah - in the past I had a few situations where we were waiting for the next session but it took easily more than 5min till the next session appear.
    What happen when I user try to join but his game crash or something like that?

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Should be disconnected -> server proceeds.

12. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    So you can theoretically wait forever in a time of day with strong influence, particularly on free content server. I rarely play this servers but there's still an issue here.

EDIT: This issue was still there before last patch, but now it's worst cause if you're already on the server you can't anymore enter the track to drive while waiting for next session.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No, until the server comes up as "full" on the browser.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    But cause people are waiting some minutes, some disconnects, and some others can connect. :)
    Really it's an issue, nobody connects to a MP race to wait in front of a menu several minutes, but if developers think it's fine...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, they made this change for a reason, which is stated in the changelog.
    If it turns out a major issue it will have to be reviewed again, but for the time being let's see how it works out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yepp, totally agree with @Christian Göpfert... only tried a few races yesterday and the session-switch worked perfectly there... so at least it seems not worse than before...

17. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    That was same for me, until I tried a free content server.
    I'm just reporting something looking wrong to me, I understand the reason of this change and think there's still a reason to improve this behavior. ;)

18. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess we should give it a few more tries - at least on my side.

Yesterday I had a strange situation after a race. I wanted to jump in the next race of that server and suddenly got a "Server not responding"-error. I had to restart the game again as I couldn't join any server after that. After checking the Forum, yesterday some others seem to have network-trouble, too.

19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Join lag,oh my, havnt run this or any other racing game for nearly 5 months, on to Nords tonight for a little much needed practice, had one pause for about 8 seconds when someone joined, had many others of 1-3 seconds. Could be an issue my end tho as out of about four different race sessions i crashed out of four. Computer completely locked up! Never had an issue with any game previously tho!

20. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, you're not alone.