Released 11th July 2018 - RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Before this last update you could slam in gears without lifting throttle while using manual clutch. This is now being prevented cause it's not really realistic, agreed?
    If you use autoclutch, you can rest your foot on the throttle but it won't make you faster because autoclutch also uses a autolift feature, that lifts the throttle for the time of the shift. This can easily be seen, because otherwise the revs would max out, which they don't (or at least they shouldn't).
    As far as I know the clutch bite point setting has been disabled, so it shouldn't make any difference what you set it to, the engage rate is defined per car now. That should also explain why it's always reverting to 1.
    Are you sure changing this still makes a difference on your end?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    gratz for the update! physics get better and better,Gtr1 overhaul is great but the big surprise is the frj.Its truly a blast,love everything about it,the lack of downforce,the locking of the brakes ,the intense but intuitive weight transfer
    amazing work;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I also have found tweaking the car settings ...these settings worked well for me, although I have a TS XW wheel....you may have to reduce your brake as you have indicated, but found these settings help reduce the oversteer = (the back of the car coming around)
    1 FORMULA JUNIOR Settings.jpg

4. eblochperso

eblochperso Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    It's just the opposite. Now, after the last update, we're able to change gear without lifting throttle. And we havn't not the choice to use autoclutch or not, Manual or autoclutch isn't an option. What a pity !!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    That's not true.
    On old cars, with H-shifter, you can have manual clutch.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This doesn't match with what @Vince Wheel is saying tho.
    What method are you using, paddles or h-shifter?
    If you're not using an h-shifter or don't assign it properly autoclutch (including autolift) should be forced on. And as I said above, in that case you can stay on the throttle but the autoclutch will perform an automatic lifting of the throttle while shifting.

7. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    ...I have adjusted the settings for the Formula Junior and found good results removing the oversteer...it worked for me and my Thrustmaster TS XW
    1 FORMULA JUNIOR Settings.jpg

8. eblochperso

eblochperso Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry for my poor english (I'm a french world champion ;) !!! ), it's difficult for me to explain and to be well-understood.

For example, I've tried this morning a groupe 5 car (BMW) on Salsburgring. I've got 3 pedals and a h-shifter. And I checked that "Automatic cluth" is off. Bit, you're now able to down and up shift without using cluth pedal, like with a sequential gear box.
    And I succed to downshift from 5th to 3th at the end of straight line, with max motors revolutions, without using cluth and without loosing control of my car. and I'm not a great driver. The gear box was damaged but it's all. Make the same test and don't hesit to tell me if I make a mistake.
    So, Hell and toe is becoming no-functionnal. Groupe 5 are drivable as GT3 and manual gearbox loose all interest, so antic cars are not so spicy than before the last patch.

I can understand that people want car easier to drive and control, but it should be optionnal. RRE is not a arcad video game, but try and pretend to be a simulation. RRE won't never be Forza Horizon.
    RRE have a fantastic physic, an incredible sound, it's my favorite game from far and I can't understand this modification.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  10. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Better than the other way round, I'd say. Thread and Pics, but no track.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I have tested, can reproduce this problem and am working on a fix for it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I don't see why having an official thread is needed really if you have issues with the track just post them here.

13. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Are there any pictures of the real frj cars? I found nothing on the Internet

14. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    This one is made by the team themselves, but I suspect they took some "inspiration" from Formula Ford ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I always been in manual clutch and H shifter, and never use the paddles for vintage cars.

Sorry but before the update, I could not -I didn't want to- slam in gears without lifting throttle while using manual clutch, this way of driving would just allow to make climbing the engine in high revs for nothing.
    So I don't undertand when you say that would make me faster, that just give a loss of energy and petrol, that's all. As in real life, I wouldn't fancy driving my car this way. (my car is a manual clutch model)
    I agree with what @eblochperso said, I don't agree with you at all.

Now, with this clutch update, those who want to use manual cluth with vintage cars can't anymore.
    You're talking of realism, but for me it's not realistic at all to face a lifter who manage automatically the gears no matter what I do with my manual clutch.
    I loved these cars in R3E for their true and great beahaviour, but if they become more clutch-automatised like modern cars, this is non-sens for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to agree with me, if you don't want to believe the things I say, I have no problem with that. Obviously there's a bit of a language barrier, because all I said in reference to realism is that it is not realistic to be able to slam in gears without lifting the throttle, and asked if you agreed with that general statement.

But the simple fact is that before this update it was possible to exploit the manual clutch + manual gearbox in the way I described under certain circumstances, and the update was applied to prevent that. There wouldn't have been an update if it wouldn't have been necessary, usually updates aren't applied just for the fun of doing it.

And as you can see above we've been investigating the issue you guys described and apparently Alex found that sth doesn't work the way it should and shall be fixed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    "Modifications to Clutch and H-pattern cars logic, making it required to lift throttle in order to upshift."

God bless you, developers, for adding this. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vince Wheel

Vince Wheel Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My english is certainly a bit gross and I'm sorry for that Christian,
    my Idea was not to be against you personally or anybody else.

Also, I'm glad if the issue will be investigated by Alex.
    I just did my best to share my worries about this clutch update at the step it is currently introduced.

I still don't see how it was possible to exploit the manual clutch + manual gearbox in another way
    than I described by myself in my precedent post, my driving being certainly not enough clever to imagine it, the under certain circumstances remains allusive to me.

At last, if Alex's investigation will cover the useless of the manual clutch currently acting like a "air-clutch" during upshifting ("air-clutch" like air-guitar ;-) that would be a good improvement.
    Thank you guys for listening, all the rest of update is well done!
    p.s: and one or two more vintage cars one day, that would be perfect (off topic, I know :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No need to appologise, no offense taken. ;)
    I hope you can understand that I don't really want to go into detail about how it exactly worked, but there was a loophole which included some changes you wouldn't make if you just used the clutch + h-shifter in a normal way.
    The patch was meant to close that gap and when it was being tested it appeared to be fixing the issue, but apparently it didn't translate exactly as it was supposed to when it was included in the public build.
    But I'm sure Alex will figure out what's going wrong and find a way to mend it as soon as possible.
    Totally agree, there are many classic cars that would benefit RR. I am still rooting for the Porsche 961 f.e., because I think it would be a great addition to the GTO class.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. eblochperso

eblochperso Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Video is quite better than talks, specially in poor english as mine.

You can see at 13:45 in this video () froma well-known sim-racer youtuber (more than 11k followers) the perfect illustration of the problem. I think it'ss perfectly clear.

I'm not a troll. My goal isn't to put RRE in a garbage. This is my favorite and exclusive game. I really enjoyed the new physic of GTR1 in the last patch (GTR2 soon ? ) so I fully trust in Alex and Sector 3 team to find a solution which will give satisfaction for every kind of players, with or without h-shifter and clutch.

And dear Christian, I agree for the Porsche (but without robotised gear-box ;) )

Have a good day

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2