Released 15-11-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Premium Pack at 99% discount .. sweet :)

2. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I ran a 2 race event yesterday, and set the race 2 grid to "r1 results reverse", but race 2 started with results from either qualifying or race 1 results not reversed. Not sure which results were used, but I'm confident it wasn't reverse grid, because I finished near last both i quali and race 1...

Also, the "additional lap" is almost always greyed out, I'm not sure if I understand the consept with that additional lap?

Further, the "grid position" box isn't greyed out when qualifying is enabled. Probably not a big deal, but before the update this box was disabled whenever you had enabled qualifying, which makes sense.

Looking forward to more race format presets being added, along with the option to save your own presets. :)

3. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    What program use to take wideos? Xplit did not work anymore.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I was told this is for timed races. If you are doing a timed race, and the timer reaches zero while you are still on the lap, crossing the finish line ends the race. Choosing 'additional lap' in the menu means that once the timer reaches zero and you cross the finish line, you will have 1 more lap til the checkered flag.

Perhaps some racing series use this, which is why it was included. Im not too knowledgeable on series specific rules though, so i cant say if it is DTM, or ADAC or something else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I believe that DTM has it

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It will only revert the first 8 positions (for now).

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about this, but isn't this how reversed grid works in WTCC, with the first 8 or 10 positions being reversed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Top 10 in WTCC, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    The physics was improved for the following cars ?

- BMW M1 Procar
    - Silhouette

They drive better I just noticed :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Depending when did you drive them last time. They were both updated in October, last year.

11. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    @rad,
    thanks for your feedback.
    I drive both cars weekly and had today the feeling that both cars drive better ( after the last update )
    But I am not sure.

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I thought the m1 had improved too, but it had been a while since I drove it and maybe I just forgot what a thrill it is to drive. Feels really alive :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0

See here - click me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hey there, just took a look at this with a couple other guys. None of us are having any trouble saving a setup at Zandvoort, with different classes of cars. It saves properly, and upon entering a new session and trying to load that saved setup, the game recognizes it and loads it properly.

Could you try navigating to the saved setups folder... My documents>My games>SimBin>RaceRoom Racing Experience>User Data>Car Setups... and delete the Circuit Park Zandvoort folder after making a copy of it and removing it from that car setups folder. This will prompt the game to create a new folder upon entering the game.

Once deleted and removed, enter the game and try to save a setup at Zandvoort. Then leave the session and enter a new one, trying to load the setup. And see if this works.

If that doesnt work, can you also try removing the entire Car Setups folder from the User Data folder. This will make the game create a whole new car setups folder.

One more you could try, perhaps instead of the 2nd one if you want. You can also try removing the entire RaceRoom Racing experience folder, so the game will create an entirely new one. This will mean that you will have to redo your video, audio, and control settings, since they will have been set back to default when the game creates a new folder for you. But, this would just be to test if you can save the setups properly. You could adjust everything back to how you had it if you can verify this works.

Perhaps your car setups folder is bugged somehow.

15. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    In DTM 2016 of rear-view mirrors quality in cockpit you correct please!
    In DTM 2016 Rückspiegel Qualität in Cockpit korrigieren Sie bitte!

16. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @nate Ok, I managed to reproduce it and I'm pretty much sure what causes it.

It's connected to championship. If you start new one, it will work properly, as long as you don't leave it, doesn't matter how many rounds you'll do. Once you exit it and decide to continue, it will occur - don't even have to restart game, just exit championship and load it again (I'm not sure if this applies to first round, but second and onward will cause it).

It seems to be fine in other game modes - I didn't play them much recently, that's why I didn't notice that it's only happening in champioship.

@Christoph Maybe cleaning to FFB code, that S3S do in latest update somehow improved it.

BTW, this patch completely broke all my saved champioships - I can't keep up with AI anymore :p Had to put them at 115-120, cause they were so slow before.

17. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Correct. DTM uses the additional lap and GT Masters started to to so aswell in the 2016 season.

There was a GT Masters race in 2015 where they gave the checked flag at 59 minutes and 57 seconds or so and it was a very close finish. If they had another lap we maybe would have seen another winner. Just a misjudgement of race control...
    I guess that's the reason why they switched to the additional lap.

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I'll check this out and see what I come up with.

Thanks for sharing. Im not too familiar with the specific rules to all the series we have, so this is a useful bit of knowledge ;)

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Reproduced and added to bug list.
    Thanks for your investigation and report.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andreas Kokkelink

Andreas Kokkelink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Steam good is not displayed in the Raceroom Shop. I bought DTM 2016, and can not pay at checkout

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1