Released 15-11-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Will test it tomorrow night (my time) unless someone beats me to it

2. Andreas Kokkelink

Andreas Kokkelink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So a crap, the cams in the replays look terrible, the zoom values are changed, and also the fog in the distance, partly there are new outside perspectives, which are completely unfavorable. E.g. Zandvoort, and also the replays of the Nürburgring GP - have seen better before they see here with fog - Now the fog is missing. And for what? For a dumb depth of field effect.
    Instead of doing the important things, fumble around the optics. Oh, I'm stinky, you have to be afraid of the next patch. They say you can switch off the depth effect, yes, that's right, but
    The changes that made this possible not - Has anyone wanted? No, it was absolutely unnecessary!

How can I change the fog values? How do I get the old external cameras?

The replays now look a lot worse than before. The bad textures in the background were well concealed by the fog. That's why it looked much better than in other sims.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello, game runs very badly in 2K have 40-52 FPS, in 4K have only 22-30 PFS not good so! Please do what? I have 4K monitor, earlier was not so bad ok ...
    And there are startup problems with Game synonymous always comes error 503, etc.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    They arent exactly gone, just not the most apparent anymore. Seems they were changed from being prominently displayed on the main store page, or in a specific category of packs.

To view them now, go to the store, click on 'cars', and then filter the results. You can then select on the class you are interested in, for instance Group 5, and upon selecting that class, there is a big header that lets you buy the pack.

See here (click to enlarge):

R3E store filter.JPG

Below that header are all the cars in the class individually listed. The GTR3 class has the same header, as does the GTR2 class, among others like ADAC 13, or WTCC 14.

Some packs do seem to have been altered, such as the NSU pack or other single car packs that had all the liveries bundled. So Im not sure what the plan is for those in the future.

As can also be stated ad infinitum... the changes here will likely be adjusted in the future and changed again slightly to perhaps make the packs being displayed more prominent again. So, if there are some faults, dont expect it to be like this from here on. Im sure improvements to the store, etc. will continue to be made.

5. Andreas Kokkelink

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sim Vibe and E 69 Motion have worked perfectly before the patch.

Now nothing moves!

H E L P !!!

6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The shared memory API changes will most likely require them to provide their users with an updated set of drivers.
    If you have contacts with their support, might be good to ask them.

Loop me in if I can help.

7. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I like the new Single Event setup...2 races if you want, different rules, reverse grid...very nice.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, though it doesn't seem to remember my preferred settings in between sessions, that could be down to yesterdays server issues though I imagine/hope.

9. Andreas Kokkelink

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank You,

But I do not understand

There are no drivers for simvibe, it will be in simvibe only the path of the game

Is entered. The same is true for Motion 69

10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I tried the changes in single player mode and I quite like them, the single event setup is really good (although the "laps" race distance mode didn't work for me, maybe it was due to the server load, I don't know, but the race still had a time limit).

The AI behaves much better now, I really enjoyed racing against them. They leave the racing line to defend and attack and maybe it was just the car/track combination (TT Cup - Red Bull Ring), but it seemed they no longer have an advantage in the last part of the braking zone, they use the brakes more realistically.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Updated to the latest? 4.0.0.71

12. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

>>>>Sim Vibe and E 69 Motion have worked perfectly before the patch.

Now nothing moves!

H E L P !!!
    The shared memory API changes will most likely require them to provide their users with an updated set of drivers.
    If you have contacts with their support, might be good to ask them.

Loop me in if I can help.

RaceRoom Profile | Twitter
    J-F Chardon, 42 minutes ago<<<<<<

Hello simracers,
    its really the first time i see that since GTR back in old days, yes after this patch my motion rig E69 LOGYKAL dosent move and the gear selector is also silent.
    if this dont get fixed it means RR3 is dead for me :(
    so all i can do is hoping J-F Charron and the Devs will hear us cause i love this great sim and it will be a shame if we (simracers that use motion rig) have to leave it aside just because the API.
    please Devs, fix it or give us the old API back !

Regards
    Silvano

PS there is no way to contact support at least for E69 Logykal, no support anymore.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Dam the menu system is so slow at the moment....pick mode...white screen for 15secs...pick practice session...20secs of white screen...pick a car, pick a track..hit go race...long pause or white screen for 10secs...loading screen, and if your lucky press any key message to get on track.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Andreas Kokkelink

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Johnny Turbo Guttman, Beitrag: 93991, Mitglied: 370"] auf die neueste aktualisiert? 4.0.0.71 [/ QUOTE]

What is it? 4.0.0.71

15. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Ok I found problem, it was Nvidia driver from yesterday-I have drivers of 28.10.2016 back and now again 60 FPS running!
    But startup problems are still ok!

16. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

You need SimCommander 4 (Simvibe) to be updated to the last version: 4.0.0.71 so it can support new Shared memory API of raceroom

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    You don`t use simxperience sim commander 4?

Edit: Ninjad...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Andreas Kokkelink

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i use simxperience sim commander 4 .

19. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

So you should have an update waiting for you ;)
    Just apply it and it will work again with R3E

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Oh look another new DH...