Released 25-11-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Nov 25, 2016.

1. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Disappointment all over the community and no reaction by Devs.
    I would like to know: What, is reliably working now in MP?
    If you want the customers pennys, deliver something that's worth it.
    Don't get me wrong. I love this game, got all content.
    But what good is that in a game that is broken?
    ...for weeks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    some small parts are broken (for me), so don't overreact please.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  3. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I just had a race with 18 starters. After 30 secs most of them were DQ. That's not a small part, or is it?
    Are all of your MP-sessions working fine, worth 65€?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you did not understand what I wrote.

It's not all about MP. It's just a part of the game. And I of course have this jumpoing and invisible cars issue sometimes, but not THAT often that I would call it broken and "unplayable" (the most exaggerating word in gaming history). I still enjoy the MP races.
    The single player works fine, it just has this temporary "Rule-Set" issue, but you can perfectly fine define your own rules in the meantime.

For League-Racing of course the MP is essential, and the issues have to be adressed asap, but to call the whole game unplayable or broken is just overreacting.

Well I would say, with all the content provided and the amazing FFB and driving I would say it's easily worth the 65€, even with a TEMPORARYLY broken MP (and not even for everyone and everytime). It's not like it will be like this forever. It's always the end of the world for some guys when something doesn't work properly for a period of time. Games nowadays are very complex and to fuck something up is more likely to happen. In this case it somehow happened, and most of the people here act like the devs are doing nothing about it. They want the devs to answer a 100 times asked question a 100 times.. better they focus on fixing the bugs and not stroll the forums. They've got their army of beta testers who function as a connection between them and us. Be sure your voice will be heard by Sector 3 when @Christian Göpfert and his squad are around.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    After testing with our community yesterday (all drivers from Germany, two from Austria) I can only state what is obvious anyway - something is still heavily messing with the data transfer/p2p connectivity (package loss ?) specially in the beginning of each session, with pings jumping up and down from 30ms <> 500ms (or more) and totally unrelated to the region or connection capacity of each user - very very strange. After a few laps it becomes more stable , but anything else than good, as I had two server disconnects. But as it was the NoS 24h I have to add that the Green Hell always caused problems/disconnects on my side.
    Well I had, like sbtm, very rare issues (down to none actually- except for NoS) in the past, but now I find myself right in the middle of this mess - hard not to "overreact" cause I'm sure there are a lotta other players out there who all over sudden have to face such issues....

The SP mode indeed works fine so far and I love the new features und AI overhaul, but my MP/SP ratio is around 85:15% so that it is not just a little part missing for me, while I also like to drive in singleplay as long as it works properly and with a neat AI....

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  6. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Just a few minutes ago i joined twice a multiplayer training session on a public server.
    The first time i got a message "no response from server"; regardless of that i was able to join, and i did. I got all the problems we were talking about (cars disappeared etc.).
    The second time i could join without any error message, and everything was fine. No ping issue, no disappearing cars!?

7. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I was complaining about MP-issues and get an answer from sb who thinks MP is not an essential part of the game.
    have fun in SP then, sbtm

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    you really didn't understand. It's not essential to everyone. You are not everyone. Some people play it for MP, some for SP, some for both (me included). So for you the MP is essential part of the game, for someone else the SP is the essential part. Don't be so self-centered.

btw: you talked about the game and not the MP:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ...talking about being self-centered
    You are of no help and do not answer the questions asked (not only by me).
    You're telling me that I don't understand.
    I understand that my problems are not yours
    Stop trying to shut me up.
    All you are doing is...is...is what?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    why should I answer questions I have no answer for? I'm not a dev nor a beta-tester. Just a normal customer. The only difference is that I don't act hysterically (not you, but some other people) when something's not working as expected.
    And you really did not seem to understand what I wrote, that's why I said you don't understand .easy.

All I am doing is giving my 2 cents.

11. Dajonaga

Dajonaga New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hmmm... nope... custom rules are not working in Single Event. Small example is you can not change the race length from timed to laps.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ok i only drive timed races, did not see that.

13. DSky

DSky Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree to this.
    Theres no Community here, only fanboys and people who like to share pictures and music clips.
    And the lack of communication from the Devs is a problem since day 1, so people get frustrated more and more over time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. -=MadCat=-

-=MadCat=- Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    They used Formula US screenshots on twitter to tease the past friday patch/hotfix with.
    See here and here.
    That's why I got the impression that it would come with this patch/hotfix.

Have a read through here and leave a post too please.
    All missing/lost liveries are listed there.
    I am relatively sure that list is complete but everyone is invited to comment and add liveries not listed.

Ever since the big November patch, the liverie situation is, let's just call it "difficult".
    The patch/hotfix past friday didn't help it, quite the contrary actually, it made it even more strange.

Greetings

15. SMZ

SMZ New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I confirm!

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    A few liveries seem to have gone missing. I highlighted an Audi R8 livery that has disappeared but never got an answer let alone a reason why.

Edit - seems I cross-posted with Madcat.

17. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    machines still become ghosts during the race

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ruffnax

Ruffnax Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

after this patch i just realize that i cant drive rounds instead of minutes in Singleplayer. Every time a start a race its in minutes. I tested it several times, but its still the same issue.

I only posted it to let you know. I play on the Steam version. Please fix it.

Thx and greetings

Edit: And its always standing start. Roling isnt working.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  19. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to post the same.

Pls fix

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    With the custom rules I can no longer select a lap number, only minutes are possible. ?

@Ruffnax
    i post just in the moment the same. :)

The driver change in the adac gt masters series works, please now reinstall the setting without tire replacement. In this series you can only change the tires from left to right.