Released 25-11-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sorry my bad that is a random post. I find it's mostly in practice an qualifying DTM16 an GT3, AI don't really see you on tack an get punted off it's a little annoying.

2. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    sorry, and when the patch is coming?
    you said 1-2 days.
    Or simply as always, anyway without now a date to call
    The Silverstone track is sure to have priority now, since you can also earn good money with it.

And maybe you could say something about the joinlags, it reported itself thereafter some users who also had these problems.
    Did S3 recognize this problem and want to solve it or not?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps things came up in the hotfix that need fixing before it releases so more complaints dont roll in about (X) thing being broken... If you know of any programmer that can code incredibly complex fixes in 5 minutes, please... send that info over here and get that guy hired. Because he would be the only guy in existence that can provide fixes as quick as many people want.

Track artists literally have nothing to do with programming or bug fixing, or features or...

Working on new content literally has zero impact on the game. But, it's ok, i like hearing this statement made whenever someone thinks progress isnt being made ;)

Doesnt affect everyone, and can be tough to reproduce. It has been in testing since the first comments rolled in about this, and from the testing I have done with others, we arent getting this issue. Still being investigated though.

I'll bite. What do you think? Do you really think the devs want to break the game and leave it that way?

Anyways, to satisfy you, I believe the patch is imminent if one brand new bug can be nixxed. Yeah, shame on the devs for actually beta-testing and finding a new bug before the public does :rolleyes:

Anyways, cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Not I said the patch comes in 1-2 days!
    And no I am no developer or know someone of the you in 5 minutes developed but I have also no company opened and sell something, then one must already live with a little criticism
    But no, stop: it's all still beta, so you have a justification, you've done really well.

And the problem with the joinlag is really tedious and I doubt now really already whether you want to solve these problems or can, this joinlag has been around so long and this joinlag has many players

But still thank you for your answers or your justifications

Update: ok patch is coming, well done S3 ;)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  5. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @nate
    So far I understand and agree with you.
    Except for one thing: "we arent getting this issue" (joinlag)
    There must be something 'wrong' with your testing environment. If I was to take a guess, I'd say Beta-Testers have very good machines and a very good Internet-connection. Otherwise I couldn't explain you being unable to reproduce this very annoying and widespread phenomenon.
    Just curious:)

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The join lag was fixed months a go but unfortunately returned when p2p was removed to temporarily solve the invisible cars issue.
    We get that it's tedious, we play the game too but it's not that easy to find something that isn't showing it self between the people available to test for it.

I'm hoping that the tone of what your saying is just a case of "lost in translation", if not, you could maybe try wording things a bit differently.
    In the mean time, please, be patient, the devs will fix the join lag as soon™ as possible.

My system specs are in my sig, I also get the join lag in the live build but I don't with @nate or other testers, our test environment is the same as the standard user, this is what's making some problems difficult to track down. It's leaving a lot of people behind the scene baffled.

7. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Please take a look at AI aggressiveness.
    They very often push you into narrow chicanes.
    When I take the outside line they divebomb, when i go defensive line they dive in on the other side and push me. I spin completely off the track and they do not even slide.
    I drive level 105 to 110.
    DTM16 @Nordschleife,
    Group5 @ Bathurst

8. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @Ronin_GTDave
    I read your specs ;). I always read them, cause I'm planning :D

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Plan for I7 (Unless AMDs Zen ends up being any good), I've found my i5 can be a bit of a bottleneck in some games ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I have a decent pc :rolleyes: and a fibre broadband connection, wired to the lan port. I get the join-lag too.
    Also have the full content (apart from the most recent liveries of the tt). As someone suggested above, it could be server loading a car, I wonder if it's a client thing??? I've only had the full content a week or so.
    I wonder if a clean install of the game or server files may increase the possibility of a join-lag?
    Whatever the issue, I'm sure it's a priority as much as everything else. (Once re-created of course!!) ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps it would help if you could tell what cars other drivers were driving before you pick your own ride, then beta's could all drive different cars, trying to replicate the issue (I know, I know, beta's probably pre arrange grid, just find it annoying when you jump in late to qualifying in a multiclass race to find youm the only wazzock in a NSU whilst everyone else is in DTM16). Not 100% sure this is the problem as I've had the lags when someone's joined in the same motor as me. Can't make up my mind which is more annoying, guessing where your opponents are or ramming the barriers at full chatt one bend from the end of you fastest ever quali lap! :rolleyes: Seeing as we are still in beta maybe a monitored test server should be available to anyone suffering with issues to jump in and hopefully replicate their problem for a Dev to witness first hand or via logs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    This would be the most logical thing to do if we can't reproduce an issue behind the scenes, when we've been testing recently, we've actually been using the DTM '16s and NSU on the same server with multiple circuits, coming in and out of the server at different times of the sessions in different cars with no luck in reproducing.

I haven't been able to get online since the latest hotfix, is the join lag still present?

13. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    After brief testing: join lag seems to be gone, but I had cars disappearing for short moments, although ping was ok (<60)

14. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks

15. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had immediately after the patch on friday again joinlags on a server.

Yesterday I had but less joinlags, which has improved. I drove to 5 server, since I had 2 joinlags, these were however very short and almost not disturbing.

However, I now feel much more stable, hope it remains so and you will still work to make it perfect ;)

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I'll keep my eyes open and continue reporting any join lags, I know the devs want to make R3E the best experience possible, I'm sure once a permanent solution for the p2p problem has been found, the join lag will be gone again too.

Thanks for your patience.

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Raced online at several different times of the day(UK) over the weekend with no join lag problems at all but this afternoon at the Nords a few people left the server complaining of lag, have to say it was faultless for me, totally lag free.
    Seems 100% better than the last couple weeks (personally) so fingers crossed! Would love to know how much sweat is being expelled with the thought of the promised Dec patch getting ever closer or are we talking Decuary? :rolleyes:

18. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I also had no lags since the last patch. :)

19. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Still saw lag spikes last night, 3 classes, 3 different tracks. They were only small spikes, I'd guess around 500ms, but still present nonetheless.
    I also experienced lag when the fastest laps were being displayed. Again, only small, and not race-breaking, but a little stutter. This was most prominent when there were about 30 of us on track (to begin with) so not sure if it was volume there. (Portimao circuit, LMP2 and GT3.)

20. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Still no join lag and no dissapearing cars since (except for very bad ping)