Released 26-04-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Apr 26, 2016.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    All I need to know. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Hmm one note. Gr5 feels more planted than ever. I really liked that I needed to feather the throttle and watch out for the rear to break out, but now I feels a bit too planted for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Just took the Greenwood Vette for a spin and it feels a lot more alive now. I had to shorten the gears a bit since I hardly ever used 4 and very seldom 3. It's not that the car is wild beyond control, it's very wild but also very controllable since it communicates what is happening very well. I did a lap on the Nord and I was actually pushing it a lot harder than usually with constant counter-steer, but I was able to hold it together to a point that some sections that I usually just lift, I did flat out. Exhilarating.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Had 3 races online, Nords, Spa and Red Bull Ring, Gt3 Gt3 then G5, at spa had a couple of long pauses on player join just like pre patch but this was only 2 out of many coming and going, at the others nothing as people joined, huge improvement!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Do you remember if it might have happened when two people were joining simultaneously, or like very shortly after each other?

6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    @mmaruda Have to say the vette is now the most lively of the Gr 5 cars. Its has so much power, and the rear dances so nicely.

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Not when I drive it :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The bigger grids in Slovakiaring and Hungaroring will be possible in future? We are making a championship with these tracks and we have 32 pilots to join.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Slythe

Slythe Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    The 'connection lost' issue seems to be solved... had 2 races this evening. My first races in R3E since...months...good work so far:)

11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Still getting input lag, not as often as pre-pre-patch but very similar to pre this patch, about a 3rd I'd say. Have had one loss of connection at the Nords, as I hit drive, went straight back in the same server with no probs, well apart from the other 31 drivers, mayhem. Finding it tricky to know where to start from, front row and you're punted off at first turn, mid pack and it's destruction derby with abuse and start at the back you're laughing so hard you come off the track anyway.
    Oh and while I'm here, my chat is exactly the same as before, thought it was yellow now? Uh that's just got me thinking, hold on, hold on I'm still on the old version number ending in 31, how's that then? Watched it update via Steam, great that means I get to try out the update for first time, perhaps ignore all above until I get to the bottom of this conundrum! o_O:confused:o_O:confused:

12. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The first one definitely was, the first thing i did was look, as for the second not sure, but out of what must be close to 125 different joins across the tracks tonight they are the only ones ive noticed. Altho saying that, had a few micro stutters\pauses, but nothing to compare to pre patch, just like a slight frame drop and carry on as you were.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Oh and a question for whoever, altho nothing in the notes has there been a subtle change to track\car grip levels? Nords just dosnt feel the same as it did pre patch, idk maybe control tweaks, something definitely feels like it has changed.

14. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Is 64bit close?
    ---------------
    Awesome, this lag fix is probably the most important multi player fix in the last 2 years.
    ---------------
    This could explain the problem's I've had dialling in the FFB for this car on my CSWv2. This fix comes just in time for my favourite track in the ESR league, Bathurst :D

Keep up the good work S3 :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. PicoBp

PicoBp Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Still not aligned to bottom-right on 21:9, compact HUD is appearing where it would be with a 16:9 aspect ratio. :(

16. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I'm not attacking, don't take this personal, but are you on the top of the leaderboards? Maybe you are, and in that case, I guess I'm off base. If too easy for you, then you must be setting top times :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, that little frameskip is known (and I guess that's as good as it will get without changing the whole joining procedure).
    Nope, afaik grip level at Nords has not been altered, only Salzburgring as stated in the changelog.
    Be aware that the tyres Karsten created for the Group 5 cars work quite differently in terms of how they wear, so could it be you're talking about G5, or other classes as well?

18. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    He doesn't say they are too easy, just that they "feel more planted". And in regards of the Fabcar and BMW I agree with him. They were very tailhappy before and feel a lot tamer now. Unlike the Corvette for instance which is more than a handful to handle.
    I am not in the leaderboards, but yet I have the firm believe that a Group 5 car should be more challenging, or lets say more nervous, to drive than a 1992 DTM Opel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Guess it's a debate that can't be settled cause everybody expects different things.
    My pov: Even back then those cars still were just that, a car, and I'm pretty sure they never build cars to be more challenging than they needed to be. Unless pushed to the limit, they will behave like any old car in most basic aspects. It's not like they didn't have any grip or downforce back then.
    All the onboard footage I've seen supports this, the cars aren't constantly sliding around and drivers don't have to fight the car all the time, they just drive.
    Just some examples:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    You are probably right, it is a matter of expectations and maybe a little unjust disappointment from the first impressions after the update. Before the Fabcar was like riding a bullet. Now, it is like, well riding a car ;)
    I've seen them live at Spa 2014 and 2015 and it is true, they did not slide around the track, so it is just about getting used to the new feel :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1