Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    What a great race track Kyalami is...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I had never drove on Kyalami, nor had I ever tried the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car. Thought I would learn both at the same time, the cup car is a handful with no traction control but fun none the less.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Stefano Casillo has left Kunos Simulazioni, which he co-founded.

And no, this is no Aprils fool joke.

It took a whole small team to replace him and his competences. Tells something.
    He jas founded his own new Indie studio, Jaxx something. No further information about his plans are available.

5. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    That was the funniest thing I have ever seen in a race, following this Nissan guy almost the whole race, at the end he gets very very angry and then karma kicks in (main part starting at 01:30 then you should watch to the end) :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Got to say this game has improved so much since i last tried it. Hadnt played it since early last year, then after seeing a you tube vid of some fast guys making a mockery of racing i decided to give it another go. The only real issues i had before were the flaky Vr and the poor FFB, for me probably the two most important factors in a game.
    Vr is improved immeasurably, unbelievable difference to when last played, still has its moments but a huge improvement.
    Spent a day or so tinkering and trying to get decent FFB, it was shit, absolutely nothing close to what RR was* outputting, so the onus was on me to tinker and try various SimCom settings until i was happy, fkinell, am i ever happy, lol, no, but sometimes i do get close and the way it is right now it feels amazing, a total transformation, much better than i remember RR feeling pre the big update that killed it for me.

Ive had about 6-8 30 min races so far offline against the AI, aarrrgggg, i never race the AI, it wasnt\isnt my thing, but loving it, loving the graphics, lighting, the models and the pièce de résistance, 24hr day\night cycle, fantastic experience.
    Only thing really pissing me off, im slow, so fking slow, well not really that slow but im always thinking my RR laptimes, probs averaging 4s a lap down compared to what i would do in RR but getting faster.

*I lost interest in RR after the last big update Nov\Dec time killed my FFB and i just couldnt be arsed spending hours going thru settings to find something i liked when it felt like they were fixing something that wasnt broken, it worked\felt perfect to me, then it didnt. If i could of been bothered to put in the effort i just have with ACC i may have gotten it good again but at the time, couldnt be bothered.

Anyway if you havnt tried ACC for a while it may be worth revisiting, for me it was 100% worth it.

Edit - Should probably be a thread on its own.
    The you tube guys, fast as fk, but cheap racers, all the equipment, good wheels good pedals, cameras mikes, not much expense spared.
    Then you see them racing, flat out, super fast at Monza and Silverstone, driving over the sausage kerbs like they are not there, i mean wtf, these guys turn FFB off or way down for the sake of speed and ego, maybe also viewer numbers, remind me why are the kerbs there, an integral part of a race track, like the barriers or tyre wall, but they turn the FFb down to drive flat out over the kerbs, its just cheap, its ok being fast but if you have to deactivate a major barrier in your way to reach that speed then your doing it wrong!

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  8. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    More than one fast driver has told me if you cant make any given turn with one hand on the wheel, you have your ffb set to high no matter what wheel your using. After many thousands of hours driving numerous sims, I find this to be the best advice I was ever given. Way back when with the ffb set much higher than I use now, twenty minutes and I was spent. Now two hours go by and I don't even think about it.

9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, cause just like in real life innit. Mate if your turning your power down to make turns easier then you are not driving a sim are you, the idea is to replicate the real thing, weakening forces to make the kerbs disappear is not sim racing!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Although I agree, I must say, everybody has to play games the way they like.
    After all, we all want to have a great time. Whether it is with the FFB on or off.
    I play sim racegames just because I like it. Not because I want to experience what it is to drive a real racecar. If I would like that, I have to buy me some track time and drive a real racecar. Just my 2cents.
    That said, I still use FFB to feel some force of course. I did not payed that amount of money on a rig to turn the FFB off.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
  12. William Richardson

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I tend to follow the guide lines of real race car drivers, that also play sim racing games. Many of them turn their ffb down to a level they can handle/manage so they can compete in endurance type races. Often times they also don't heed the fov rules others seem to think are so important. ( default is good enough ) They just set things the way they want, if this is realistic or not I would have no idea. As I don't drive real race cars for a living, I just play racing games.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0

GT4:

BMW M4
    Alpine A110
    Aston Vantage
    Audi R8 LMS
    Cayman 718
    Camaro GT4.R
    Ginetta G55
    Ktm Xbow
    Maserati Gran Turismo MC
    McLaren 570S
    Mercedes AMG

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  14. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I typically overlook GT4, but that's a cracking lineup.

15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    That is a lot of the cars that I hoped that Raceroom was going to get but the GT4 content has become barely a trickle. I bought ACC during the Steam sale to prepare me to get the GT4 action I crave. Just a couple more days to wait instead of who knows how long. I still hope Raceroom fills out the GT4 roster and adds some of the IMSA GS liveries. I will buy them to run on my 6 American tracks. Please include the Camaro GT4 and one up ACC by including the Mustang GT4.

17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    If you are looking for the full package with cars, tracks, liverys > complete licenced car classes/series then ACC is for you. Its basically the only sim that offers this.

GT4 Preview with Physics Dev Aris later today

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  18. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've previously not been that bothered by GT4 tbh as they typically feel like an afterthought, or add-on to GT3 rather than standing on their own two feet. I must admit though, that's a hell of a pack ACC has pieced together, and they all look/sound great going by the little previews.

I've been hotlapping a little more in ACC lately, and I'm really impressed by the feel of it all. - It's come a long way since EA. Along with the intercontintal pack, and the upcoming British GT track pack, it's going to be one hell of a focussed GT title.

I'm just hoping the new RTX30xxs can brute-force the horrendous performance issues in VR so I can actually race with other cars. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I think, I have good settings now in ACC in VR. Looks okay so far. 80 FPS stable until the sun goes down. After that it switches between 40 and 80 on the Rift S.

But, guys, tried that a few weeks now without fireing Raceroom up anymore. On Friday I did that and my eyes where happy again.
    As strange as it sounds, but the flicker free and stable picture in R3E is much better than that in ACC (only VR of course)

This makes a bit sad.... Because driving into the dark, with the whole GT3 package (Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo: WOW!!!) and Sounds and FFB is even better then R3E.
    But it's hard to drive with this looking.

And I've thought, I had good settings :(

20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Chris Haye - GT4 Pack Review