News Dev Stream on Monday, 14.11.2016 | 8pm CET

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 11, 2016.

1. nStylezz

nStylezz Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the awesome stream, you showed way more than I was expecting, looking forward to the patch and the content.

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 5
  3. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    So no update on older content? Sigh...I'd much rather have had the Group A cars updated than the the barely played Group 5's.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Well you have to wonder if it will be direct competition? Maybe it will be more Arcade than sim with the UE4....either way, odd to me. I mean if it is direct competition it only means R3E is done imo....I don't know, makes no sense.

5. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    yeah, got so many 'old content' from the first year-release which i like to drive with proper physics,new cams etc. - but i wasn't hoping for anything for the new patch, so i couldn't get disappointed :D

6. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I hope not, I mean R3E tried to be more accessible and we're still paying for it today. But hey, if they want to throw the Simbin back into the bin...

Edit: But to take a more positive spin, perhaps you're right, and R3E is being set up to be their iRacing competitor, while harvesting tech advances of whatever Simbin is peddling the consoles. =)

7. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ...they'll probably borrow/sell technoloiges to simbin. With a low userbase like r3e has, i highly doubt they can make a living for the complete company just by selling VRP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Flyingnono

Flyingnono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
  9. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    To clarify,the new sp options will be on tomorrow.A redesign of the game menus will happen in the future.Also,a new Raceroom portal goes live tomorrow.

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Still waiting on the AI selector so I can make my own custom grids. Looks like I will be disappointed for a while longer.

11. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the stream, looking forward to see how the 'iracing' like experience pans out next year, and also to see what Simbin are working on now the unreal engine :cool:

12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, still failing to understand completely what you mean by that. You talking about a new HUD?

13. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I came home towards the end of the stream, so did they say anything about if they add flag system in this patch?

14. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    New UI?

15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Blue flag logic is in already (been refined a bit iirc), yellow flags being worked on, maybe next patch. Proper visual implementation...not mentioned, probably later.

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hey, the community is waiting for VR as well and not only a race room event manager in Asia. Anyway, good news ! When VR is coming to Raceroom I need a new pc and motion rig :p otherwise I get motion sickness after a few seconds :/ looking forward to the day when Raceroom gets a fresh look due to the unreal engine ^^ one day

17. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Laps and a flag system to come....here sector 3 just take my wallet I will no longer be able to use it on anything else

18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    "We managed to bring the AI back."

That's what is the dominant point in this update for me. :)

"We needed to do somethign with the Kerbs, they are more nasty now."

Nice one! Saying this since release of Nordschleife! :)

Data displays: look nice!

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  19. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Well if the storefront page we saw was accurate come tomorrow all of R3E's content can be your for 65 euro if you buy 10000vRP from the Raceroom store, so I guess we can't call R3E expensive anymore. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is interested: I made a little summary in German on my own little racing portal with some references to the stream recording - hope it's o.k. to mention this over here and hopefully I got it right :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 8