News DTM Experience Winter Cup 2015/2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 15, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    It happens very fast to rub at the wall before going into first turn (at Lausitzring) using every inch while positioning your car to dive perfectly into the apex but from my view you would need as much time to learn how to correctly "lean on" (if anything)than using your energy to set a clean lap...if you take the negative tone of the article itself plus the "comments" (actually more verbal wanking then anything else) you have here what you find under every average You Tube video : A horde of hating, frustrated, jealous & trolling individuals who obviously have no life at all . And I bet that for some sheer frustration is underlying cause they are not able to come even close to the top times (or reaching the top 100 alone).Well, unfortunately there will be always players who will try to cheat and yes : a proper damage setting for LB's would probably help to get "undistorted" results whatsoever but that article is not even worth to waste your precious time with....not at all.
    Always remember that trolls (those obvious ones who like wreak havoc and those who are even unaware that they are trolling) love to be fed from negative emotions to get their self-evaluation - by making you feel bad and unsatisfied...;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    When I first looked at that article I was almost shocked with the mentality presented, but then I took a gander at the comments after the article and it's pretty obvious not only why it was written in the manner it was, but why it presented the argument it did. The article, and website by extension, is pandering to the audience it has generated in an attempt to gain clicks and views. It is heavily biased towards generating 'outrage' over a subject because that is what, for that particular site, generates the most 'engagement' among the viewers/comments.

In terms of 'wall riding', personally I have not seen a single example in multiplayer, as that is where I spend the bulk of my time in R3E, of people doing it excessively or being faster through wall riding. I tend to race on the servers that have damage turned on so it is possible it has a different effect on the car in those scenarios, but either way I'd wager a pretty large amount that the actual gains presented by this 'technique' are being blown out of proportion.

Regarding Tim, I've only raced with him a few times and he is exceptionally quick. He is also overly aggressive and lacks patience, but that is a whole other thing. With the mistakes I have seen him have and the way he handles the car it was fairly obvious, almost instantly, that he does not cheat. Taking any of the fast drivers' best laps and viewing them will often create a distorted view of not only what they are capable of, but also how they drive over an extended period of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    PRC is like a sim racing version of the Daily Mail, filled with reactionary claptrap and the tedious self-important outpourings of paranoid bell ends with nothing better to do than find outrage in the slightest disappointment.

Or something like that ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well said

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It's risky to try in multiplayer, however in a time trial you can spend a lot of time to perfect this "slowdown" from riding the walls. In the end the goal is to just get one perfect lap.

The damage implementation is pretty bad right now to be honest. Perfect example is Norisring, where you can smack the walls coming out of the chicane and the hairpins pretty hard and not have any repercussions. I can't remember ever getting any significant suspension/aero damage from this.

IMO the best way to monitor these sorts of abuse is to have a selected group of community members that monitor the top 15 of every competition.

6. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Tim drive a time in the leaderboard and send your replay for all the stupid comments.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    This.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    I hate those stupid cheating/cutting discussions. Hopefully the cheat/cut system in RaceRoom will be improved, an anticheat tool would be nice as well.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  9. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I miss your car setup in the video that proves you are not using the setup exploit :cool:. Just a joke.
    Nice driving!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. TSR Holzi

TSR Holzi Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Exactly Setup would be interesting But this lap is fantastic thanks for sharing with us

11. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    When will the final results for entering the MP knock-out round will be released ?
    Thx ;)

Edit: Guess it's better to put a @J-F Chardon to it :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  12. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Would also like to know which tracks we will drive at the knock-out round!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Its pos 186 for me...:(Good luck to anyone continuing...

14. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget RaceRoom Entertainment is the organizer.
    I heard from Sonat that they're being handed a final export of the results as we speak, so should be soon.

• Like Like x 2
  15. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Forgot the TM after soon...:p

• Like Like x 1
  16. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. TSR Holzi

TSR Holzi Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully the search for all "wall"driver but yes.. Good luck all

18. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I come to you guys with some important news:

1. Expect to receive the first email to confirm your qualification for the Quarter Final tomorrow 29th January.
    2. !!! You will need to RSVP and confirm your attendance BEFORE MONDAY !!!
    3. Drivers will be split in the 4 QF like this: 1st -> QF1, 2nd -> QF2, 3rd -> QF3, 4th -> QF4, 5th -> QF1, 6th -> QF2 and so on.
    4. The 2 SEMI FINALS and the FINAL GP will be streamed live on Twitch by no other than the guys over at TouringProSeries

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  19. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I expected the grids would be compiled more randomly. But it is like it is ;)

20. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No.3 doesnt make any sense to me to be honest...why would the top drivers get a handicap??

• Agree Agree x 2