eSports WTCC - Round 2: Hungaroring

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, May 2, 2017.

1. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Igor. grass asphalt, kerb or Water makes no difference, You did not overtake him you undercut him, you gained an advantage by breaking the rules, ie, leaving the track, It does not matter what you say or think you are wrong, It is a game yes but even if cut-track rules are switched off a steward would deem that incident as extending the bounderies of the track. Penalty.
    I have no more time to discuss this. Accept it.

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I didn't know that you were the race steward. Guess me and my team are unemployed now :'(

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The rulebook states:

The track boundaries are whatever is defined as legal by the automated cut-track detection of RaceRoom. Track-specific exceptions will be explained on the forum. When you exceed the track boundaries, you will see a black and white flag on your screen and you are expected to give back the time gained.

Exceeding the track boundaries is not allowed and will be penalized. This is especially the case if you gain a time advantage, overtake or defend your position while exceeding the track boundaries.

Just for fun, I tried cutting the track in exactly the same way in Leaderboard Challenge mode, and my lap was not invalidated. Therefore, the move is completely legal according to the rulebook. No era penal.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i think traction is just venting Robert.. lol

5. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @Igor have a look what mr Rainz did at monza... same thing

6. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Robert, No I'm not, :) but if that incident was reported to me I would deem it as a cut track penalty. He asked and I replied. If no-one has raised an incident report then there is no problem.. I cant believe anyone thinks that move is acceptable, regardless of game limits.
    @Igor, if a player did that to you would you be happy, you not only cut the track you forced him to go wide to avoid a collision.
    @majuh, fine, should we all practice now and see how far we can push the boundaries, I think you are confusing the rulebook and game limits, if the limits are switched off do the rules change?
    It just frustrates me when racers do not respect each other on track and give room or use their brakes

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  7. Igor

Igor New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    где я заставил его пройти шире?
    Where did I get him to go wider?
    я лично не ударил его и проехал чисто, но по паребрику, а Raisz вообще резал шикану как минимум дважды перед моими глазами
    I personally did not hit him and drove cleanly, but on the parebriku, and Raisz generally cut the chicane at least twice before my eyes

8. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    whatever...You asked ''I would like to know if this overtaking is correct?'' I doubt you will ever admit you cut the track and gained an unfair advantage.......and I doubt you will find anyone who agrees with you on that move..... If you have an issue with Rainz so take it up with Robert,
    Thanks I've had my say now, good luck in your future races.....

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  9. Faith

Faith New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all drivers in the 4th Divison.
    As far as i saw, it was a pretty fair race and an entertaining finish fight for place 4.

PS: About the incident Igor posted. Well if in the qualifying it wasnt ruled for cutting the track, then it should be a legal overtake in my opinion. Looking forward if we get an answer from the Race Stewards.

• Like Like x 1
  10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Well, the rulebook is there for a reason, i.e. to avoid ambiguity in these situations. Division 1 drivers are pushing the boundaries anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Even with cut penalties activated, the rules in R3E seems to be: "you are considered on track if one wheel is on track or kerb". So in this video he was on track. :) I just have some doubts about the safeness of this overtake. :rolleyes: But I can't judge him as I'm very bad at overtaking.:oops:

(I'd like to see IRL cut rules in R3E)

12. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Faith if it was in qualifying why would he risk spoiling another drivers lap, no respect. If in quali then Igor gained a few thou by cutting the track to get past another driver..... Again unfair advantage (a few thou could mean 10 Places). There is always going to be ambiguity if the track limits are not respected....

13. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OFFICAL RULEBOOK VERSION 1.0
    15.4 Track Boundaries The track boundaries are whatever is defined as legal by the automated cut-track detection of RaceRoom. Track-specific exceptions will be explained on the forum. When you exceed the track boundaries, you will see a black and white flag on your screen and you are expected to give back the time gained.
    16 Exceeding the track boundaries is not allowed and will be penalized. This is especially the case if you gain a time advantage, overtake or defend your position while exceeding the track boundaries. We will not use automated slowdown penalties in the beginning of the season. Should it be witnessed by the Staff that drivers are taking advantage of it, slowdown penalties will be activated though. This decision then will not be reversed.

Rule 16.4 - 16 above explains nothing. It tells me to be aware of the 'automated cut-track detection', does this system cover the whole track or specific corners? i would like know what R3E consider the track boundaries are, is it the asphalt, the white lines, the kerbs, the green stuff or what?. We need to know this Robert please.

Just remember fairplay and respect others on track.. thx

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  14. Igor

Igor New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Я уважаю других пилотов на трассе и соблюдаю пределы трассы, как это позволяет игра. и я не выбил Raisz с трека за его постоянные срезки в шикане а чисто обогнал, но он не смерился с этим и атаковал меня в последнем повороте с контактом и из зоны заезда на питлейн
    I respect other pilots on the track and follow the limits of the route, as the game allows. And I did not knock Raisz off the track for his constant cuts in chicane but overtook him cleanly, but he did not take it and attacked me in the last corner with the contact and from the arrival zone to the pitlane

15. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Igor I said before thats nothing to do with me, If you have a problem with Raisz speak to Robert or admin ...not my problem.

16. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I can understand that you want to discuss the races and what happens with incidents, but I think we should come to an end here. Please send in an incident report if there is further need for clarification.

17. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was not in the race Robert, but I think a serious issue has been raised here,
    We do not know if the white lines or the kerbs are the limits, is it 1 or 2 wheels or a car width?
    In game what defines the track limits?
    We need to know, as this changes race lines and the apex position....... I understand the need for the automated cut-track detection, but where is it..

PS I have had R3E for several years and bought lots of DLC, and I really like the game. but now with competitions it has become more serious so the rules need to be more precise and more strict.
    Thx Mal

18. Igor

Igor New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Пример "уважения" к пилотам и пределам трассы
    Example of "respect" for the pilots and the limits of the route

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, interessting suggestion IMO. In the end everything is there but deactivated. When active you'll get the Cut-Track-Penalty together with a slow-down or Warning/drive-through.
    Maybe for Online-Races a mode in between would be nice. So still have the Cut-Track-Info for the driver on screen but without a sudden Penalty. In addition the Info of the cutted track could be written down in a JSON-File with driver + timestamp which the server-admins can read out and check in replay after the race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Traction

Traction New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good point m.bohlken, just thought of rF2 you get 2 warnings then a stop/go penalty for the third incursion, seems to work very well, plus the limits are set to the white lines (one wheel)