English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    A couple of questions.
    At the beginning of the race during the rolling start. Are we supposed to wait until we cross the start/finish line? Or does the race start when the pole sitter crosses the start finish line?
    Being at the back of the pack, I dont see when the race officially starts. And waiting until I cross the line seems unfair since the leaders are way down the track by the time I cross it.

I ask this because everyone ahead of me seems to wait until they cross the start/finish line to hit the gas. And I dont want to be seen as cheating by passing too soon.

With the way the race is started, we get no warning when the race is on. Is there any way to have someone monitor the pole sitter and say Green green green for us on team speak or, send out a chat text when the race starts.

Also, and this is kind of a personal request. I know the leaders are excited about winning the race.
    Could you please hold your chat texts until the end of race timer is over? As many of us are still fighting our own battles somewhere in the pack behind you. And your texts are distracting.

Many Mahalos ( hawaiian thank you's)
    Gregoryleo

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I agree no teamspeak or text chat till everyone has finished !!! As for the start on formation lap you will see who ever is pole set fastest lap when they cross start/finish line that is go for everyone unless i'm wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
  4. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I'll correct that! Zorry! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
  6. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    To everyone
    Leaderboard will be updated soon as there have been glitches during the game that altered the correct results, thus a few of them have to be manually corrected
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Typically the way we do starts is Once the Leader crosses the Start/finish line the race starts.
    There is another rule id like to see "The lead driver cannot slow excessively to force trailing cars to bunch up, which would give the leader a jump on the restart." and "drivers on the inside line cannot overtake cars on the outside until they have passed the start line."

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  9. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Race 2, 15:45, the pit-stop that changed the race! From 8th to 3rd after pit stops cycle.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Perfect strategy. That whole pack in front of you killed their pace but since I was in second I wasn't paying attention. I thought you'd file right back in behind them and then there you are 2.5 seconds me... :eek: I was a little scared to say the least. :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    But I don't use overlays so wouldn't know. ;)

12. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    yeah ive seen this bug before. Its pretty annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    So to clarify this.
    Once the leader passes the starting line its go time. Anyone can proceed, its racing mode time.
    With that said we would also asked that the leader maintains a steady safe speed. Since the formation lap is around 120, i would think anywhere between 100 and 120km/h is acceptable. Share your thoughts people. It's a democracy :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  15. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I think that's pretty easy to follow.

There should be no inside/outside line as the bumpers of cars should not overlap until the leader passes the start/finish line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    100 - 120 km/h = 60 - 75 mp/h

• Like Like x 1
  17. Goran Gorgiev

Goran Gorgiev Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Excellent race guys,
    In first race i started to open a gap from Jason and started to feel comfortable till last 8 min. Then i start to notice something on consumption of my car at 8 min till the end, by the 6 min i was only 6 liters, so i have to hardly manage to the end and just as i enter the straight\main line my car engine got in off mode so basically i slowly glide to the finish. I started with 20 liters but probably cause i drive a lot on red limiter the car fuel economy get worse,... i guess on this one.
    On second it was different (a have the fuel now) i quickly pass Gerardo del Valle and started to add fast laps to open a gap between me and second, because i have a comfortable gap enter pit, exit, and glide to the finish, the only real difficult was i started constantly watching the battle between Christian Moreau and my teammates Jason Monds and Genghiz Kahn, and from the times, it was interesting battle, and i almost lost a turn watching their times.
    It will be interesting race the next one. :mad::):D:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I really am very miserable that I couldn't join, some drivers improved a lot more than expected and it was interesting to watch the lap times and compare to me, hopefully I can do next race and see where my speed is compared with you.
    Awesome stuff guy's, keep it up

19. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Jeez Goran, with your pace I wouldn't even worry about what we're up to. You were untouchable on Saturday, amazing drive by you in Race 2. A real shame about the fuel in Race 1 because you really deserved both wins. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Riverside

Riverside Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Incredible how work can get in your way even on a Saturday evening...

Heads up, won't be able to run:
    09/24 - Spielberg
    10/15 - Nordschleife

Letting wildcard guys know so you can prepare; I will be able to do all other races.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 3