English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Round 2 actually ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Watching the Singapore GP / some business to take care of after, but I'm excited to see the Race 2 edit. Way too cool that you guys put in the time and work to provide us with that!

Then it's time to start practicing for RBR:smirk:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Smoking Aces 1st place!
    Well done!

4. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    made some stupid mistakes. First one change setup right before q ended and did not get it right. second one had brake balance 52-48 and that was only trying and forgot to move it to the front. third one. its not so good strategy to not sleep får one night before. way to for me to stay awake. Nice race everybody and. Its no walk in the park get a good result.

5. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Default settings FTW!

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    It's race 1 and 2 on our second championship race at Suzuka, corrected :D

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  7. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Gotta say that the races were tough on me and that overall I didn't enjoy them as much as I was expecting.
    Made stupid errors during Race 01 trying to pass Lazorenko in a few occasions which offered me a Gandalf-like experience: "YOU. SHALL NOT. PAAASS!!". I liked the door to door contact we got at the hairpin at some point: very exciting and tense. Soon tho I got very impatient with my continue overtaking tentative. I partially spun at T5 before the bridge and lost two positions. Pretty much then race was done for me: I just wanted to secure the points being almost at the edge.
    Formation grid went very nicely this time. I'm impressed! :) and also formation laps went well and neatly organized.
    Race 02 I was thrilled but shortly after the beginning I went thru a situation with Shards where he tried to pass me inside, both launched full speed on T1. Didn't have space to maneuver and the door to door contact sent me out of race and from 2nd back to 14th. From there I tried to reach again my points and found them finishing 10th.
    So yeah all in all I'm disappointed by how the races went. Happy for the good points we got thanks to @Öberg and @chrisnj, happy for the success of reverse grid and happy for the good number of players yesterday even tho we weren't full grid.
    Gonna watch the races now with a cold beer and see what Director MeMotS filmed during the event. :)
    Congrats to everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Good time last night, thanks all. The qually I messed up on my lap so I think I was starting about ~13th. When the race started I was a bit off and struggling, but at the half way point things were getting better. I was able to comfortably get 10th, and a few more laps I think I could have really pressured @::SKRO:: for 9th. Would have shoulda, coulda etc....

10th in the first race got me pole on the reverse grid....uncharted territory, what am I doing? I was actually doing pretty well with it then spun out....still managed to maintain first but lost 3-5 seconds. A couple laps later I was somehow taken out on the last turn, which resulted in a bit of a clear out for people, so any chance of me and others getting some decent points were gone. 15 minutes of fame. Barely held onto 8th all said and done. Tried to let a teammate by at T1, @mrSweSin , and that just didn't turn out well...lol.:oops:

The 2nd race was better connection wise for me than last week. Also was clear where each person was supposed to be for the start. Well done organizing.

Wonder how the Ruf will do at Rbr? EDIT: I see lots of Rufs on the leaderboard...

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    :D

10. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    To continue the personal race evaluations....

The racing was extremely exciting all evening. Between the off camber final turn to the straight, to the hard breaking zones this track offered a lot for everyone. This course is not to fond of 2 or 3 wide at any point on the track as most of us found out.

After running off in both races on the first race lap, I was able to settle into a rhythm. Race one that rhythm was too slow for the tire saving portion which kept me to the back for the race.

Race 2 I was able to attack the tires a bit harder and keep up with the pack. With some luck I avoided most all the accidents and kept my nose down. Lazo put up a great fight in the final minutes but I was able to take an inside move in the last lap.

My favorite part of the league is the team aspect. It makes it so much more fun to earn points when they are for your mates and not just yourself.

Great racing guys!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I take it you guys will want me to miss all the races now ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Alright folks so...
    After reviewing yesterday replays I gotta say that I saw a few situation that should be corrected before we get into a "routine mode" or even worse: personal vengeance.
    I'll start with copy pasting the first bullet point of Rules of this Champ

2.4 Rules
    We've all been racing together for quite a long now so we know already what is fair and what's not... I don't want annoy anyone with a long regulation section, so we'll just adopt the followings:
    - Good ol' Gentleman Rule: you crash someone, you stop and let the car re-gain his position related to yours before the accident.

Suzuka has been theater of some accidents and, very noble for the "victims", noone has reported. Probably cause they didn't want to upset other drivers or to compromise the good mood of the champ... which is true and correct, but...
    We need to understand the core meaning of this rule, which is:
    If it's not safe, don't do it
    In a split second you can severely compromise or destroy someone else's race and yours as well.
    We all wanna win but it's not risking everything that we bring home results. We're not professional drivers with proper training and super fast-adrenalinc reflexes.
    Most of the time we just bring home frustration and bad mood for our next races. Transforming what should be fun into a: "ok this time is payoff time"
    Not good at all.

So, again if you've crashed someone please proceed as you are expected to do.

Not want to make names but there's one I wanna do and it's @Marco Conti. He caused @gonzales to spin on T1 on Bathurst at the very start of the Race. He then stepped aside, slow down and he dropped behind other passing cars while he waited for him to regain his position. That's good sportsmanship. That's fair play. So many thanks Marco for this.

As additional note, saying "I'm sorry" at the end of race or even here on the forum is just a good sign of understanding and always gladly welcomed.

Second point: there's a limit to defending. After that there's unnecessary blocking and that's not good. Blocking just increases the chances of crashing, especially if there's someone faster than you behind. Not saying one should not defend his position if there's a car approaching but one should be aware of his skills and evaluate the situation. Closing doors, early breaking to set off balance the car which is attacking, changing lines constantly and not keeping your space to let the other car maneuver are blocking procedures and they just hurt the good evolving of the race causing frustration, unnecessary unnerving and again, risk of crashing.
    So please be considerate and take this post of mine as a very friendly reminder and suggestion, cause ultimately we all want to have a nice champ, full of epic battles and not struggles, full of positive postings after the race and not tense silence, full of competition but in a fair manner. So again guys, let's keep rolling cheer up and enjoy the rest of our champ!

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Agree. Its about the experience not how many points we can get.....besides we can't beat @James Nance :D

Also, with the track slow down rules disabled people shouldn't "abuse" running wide in turns.

They are disabled to allow more flexibility in racing and passing, letting people pass etc... In real world racing you would get an in-race warning and then an in-race penalty....so try and make the effort, a lot times it may not be intentional to gain an advantage...I know I drifted wide a couple of times in error, it happens, but don't gain a consistent advantage with it. :)

Zolder may be a nightmare, lol.

It will make better sim-racing in the end :)

14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I apologize for the accident we had emmy, but i do not think a redress was necessary i even checked the replay and looking from behind pass was more than valid.

15. heyokay

heyokay Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I couldn't make it last night chaps, super busy. Should make it to next weeks race though!

16. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Gotta admit I was mad at that point as I was hoping we could have handled the pass in another occasion during the race, but in the end I didn't find it a reckless pass or else. Truth is, I wish the net code could have supported our door to door better so maybe instead of sending me spinning off road we could have progressed together along the turn and cheek to cheek :D
    No hard feeling Shards really!

17. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0

I have made this short investigation clip for audience and mainly for you SKRO, so everybody can judge without fear or favor that there is no “Gendalf-like” behavior inside my racing.

I am very serious about this championship, I really want to get the highest position as possible, simply because I always have such attitude in things I like to do.

I agree that I was defending my position in every corner @ Suzuka, but it wasn't aggressive and there was no place of blocking, all by FIA rules.

Oberg, Nance, Jonhston – they also had to deal with my defense, but they can prove everybody here that there was no place of blocking or any kind of unfair things. I think, they just got more patience and skill on this track.

According to the video:

In my opinion, you were simply diving in that slow hairpin, hoping that I will turn out from my lane, but that didn't happened and you simply rammed me. Just look at your angle and speed.

If you had driven there solo, you wouldn't pass that corner like that, I am 100% sure.

Luckily, I continued the race without any sacrifice, as long as you. Few moments later, you were trying to dive again, but you missed your braking point and went wider with obvious tyres' sound screech after hard braking. And after all, you just got impatient and lost the control under the bridge as you typed above earlier in this topic.

I just want to say and ensure myself that there is no dirty tricks in my racing-style.

And for the future, I want everybody to understand that I will defend every opportunity to reach higher positions, but it will be within the framework of standards and regulations of racing.

I realize where the limits of defending and where starts blocking with all additional non-mannered stuff.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I really wasn't going to say much, but the irony here is a bit heavy.

I can't speak of the video but you definitely took me out in a passing situation that wasn't there. Especially considering the lap before I took the same route, you dove in when nothing was there... there was only one result. I took out two to three other people bc of it and their races were messed up, including mine. You didn't stop, didn't say anything after race(you did give a sry while I spun into about 2-3 people).

In the same way the person behind you didn't take you out when trying to pass and you were defending , you took me out when I wasn't even defending....you can't have it both ways. Surely you see that.

Its about good fair racing here, not points or glamour....I hope I don't get another point. It will be just as fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  19. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    It was a tough one...sure you had a small chance on that corner, it is iffy on the inside, but in the closed cockpit of sim racing Emilio probably couldn't see you, as well as he would in RL, on the inside there, it was aggressive in sim land. He probably should have gone wider, but he took about the same line the turn before, no? He goes wide, you go tight...he still is a nose ahead. probably a better place to pass at the end of the day.

20. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I even took to the grass to give more room and he had noticed me on the last lap and i was further back then.