English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    A few more laps, I may have been able to get up to you. Think I was 4 seconds at the end or so. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. John Galus

John Galus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I almost gave it away at the end! My knee was killing me and I was slowing down to be careful, but it had the opposite effect and I almost spun like twice on the last lap.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I think standing still is fine, you can be kicked only if you will shut-down your engine

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yelled out "Holy Shit!" when I saw that. Looked like someone was going airborne.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0

Ohhh, wait, was that at the end of the second Qually? I think I hit @chrisnj at full speed, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Amusing @::SKRO:: getting a Google booty call appointment mid race.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    What mid race!?? It was last lap dammit!! I swear I'm gonna uninstall everything but R3E. Can't believe it actually happened that a frigging reminder ALT-Tabbed me out of a game to say hello!
    Anyway awesome race guys. Very tire eating track but I'm really happy for the very tense situations during the race.
    Nice job @Bobby Edge sneaking into our "not so well performed" team pass :) LOL @chrisnj.
    Congrats Meatballs for great performance this race we scored some good points despite my atrocious problems with tires first race and google second race! :D

PS: A million excuses for my terrible formation lap. Saw a big gap in the mini map and I thought to super slow down to let everyone regroup but in the end I just did shite by doing that... sorry again :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No I never spun, I stopped and waited for you to pass. :)
    Then I passed you again when you overshoot turn 2.
    But after the second time we warped and spun in T1 I thought it felt to risky to carry on and bailed to the pits. :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @Caledonian Wolf sorry for my oversight with the password man. I really thought you were on the server the whole time!
    @MeMotS I think the standing still is fine, otherwise everyone should have been sent to the pits then... To me it was the usual random technical issues with R3E. I remember @heppsan reporting something like disappearing people on GearEx server before? So maybe yesterday was simply one of those unfortunate days. :(
    Also, I had issues with the Quali screenshots cause three players were missing in the list even tho they did set a proper time during the session....
    During Race 01 I had @gonzales completely invisible in front of me so I drove with the constant fear of hitting him. Hopefully that didn't happen?
    BTW I really enjoyed our teamwork even tho some passages didn't work the way we were expecting.
    @Tim Cannon I hope my defense during Race 02 was fair... Tried to help my chaps ahead by putting some space between you and @chrisnj :D
    Idk you all guys but my tires were kind of gone for good at the end of the race. 94/96 front and 97 rear... Bloody Nurbur killed my mojo! :)

12. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Another thing. It seems that the steam group chat invitations are not showing up for someone. This is caused by steam overlay not working correctly and most of the times when I send invitations they're appearing "behind" R3E window.
    Option one:
    Quit the game and go back to desktop where you should receive my invitation. Please send me a PM to notify that you're not in the group chat.
    Option 2:
    I can create a temporary group on Steam named ESR Champ or similar, and invite you to that group so everyone can just enter the group chat on his own.

PS: most likely next champ/league we're gonna use a Team Speak server for handling all the communications. Way easier to solve problems like yesterday's ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    it was very fair and great fun. i thought my eventual pass was a little sloppy tho...kinda slowed us all down. I was really looking forward to watching race 2 in the video i recorded, but i'll have to wait. i have race 1 here.... but for some reason i only got the first 5 min of race 2 :confused: i am uploading race 2 now, but by the time it's ready, it probably won't be up till tomorrow.

you can see in the video of race 1 the connection issues i had with a few of the guys. but other then that, it looks like a very entertaining race.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Too bad those races are something around at 3am GMT. Maybe next championship you guys include the european base when planing the schedule :).

despite that races look realy good, keep on with the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I had a pretty off night. I can do mid to low 1:23s but I couldn't not do that last night for some reason.... Probably because I had a bottle and a half of Champagne at a dinner party and came flying in a bit late. I qualified last....mildly embarrassing.

First race was a mess ping/internet wise. I really couldn't get going as a couple people teleported in front and back of me. I knew it was a matter of time before something bad happened than Hep and I teleported into each other....it was not the wine :)

Second race was better for me and I had a good time, no internet issues at all for me....but I didn't have the pace to stay up with the middle of the pack at the start. I'll blame the issue with the formation lap(cough) - Someone spun out before the last turn and I wasn't sure what to do...pass the the three of them or wait???? I was like OMFG the race is starting....not realizing, Emilio pulled a rope-a-dope and stopped at the start line. I still don't think I had a good start.

Later, I somehow got infront of @shardshunt and had a grand old time time trying to stay in front. He would close the gap, then I would open it, then he would close it....think it went on like that for 10+ minutes. This was really able to get me into a good grove(THANK YOU)....where I should have been earlier. I was running 1:24 laps at the end, which I was pretty happy with with the tires.

All in all that is a fun track, enjoyable.

Someone needs to post Emilio @::SKRO:: formation lap.....WINNER!!!​

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  16. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    forgot to mention that the practices servers are up for Zolder.

As usual :
    Esr Champ #1 Prac1 : Practice 60 / Qual 15 / Race 20 ( for those who wish to work on setups )
    Esr Champ #1 Prac2 : Practice 10 / Qual 15 / Race 20 ( for those who wish to go right to racing )

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  18. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Almost half the drivers are from Europe or Australia/New Zealand. We used to race at a later time to help suit Euros, but when they don't show up, it tends to get annoying, so race times are set for the majority of who will show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    in the end of the day their a multiple other euro leagues and au/nz has none so this time slot gives us an opportunity. also number of racers in the pub servers is low at this time of day so it fills a gap.

20. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I <3 your time/workload optimization. I want to subscribe to the same magazine you read!

• Funny Funny x 1